I-140 Applications in Security Check

In the same boat

My case is in VSC. An EB-1 case. It has been there for 1 year. No LUD at all.

Have done several enquiries. All got "in security check" response.

Isn't this weird? I have got AP long time ago. But according to CIS website, AP needs the same security check as I-140. So they should have done the check, right?

Buddies who went to infopass, can you share your experience?

Security Check covers a wide range of verifications (IBIS, FBI etc.). If your case goes under security check during the adjucation of I-140, it generally means that USCIS is trying to verify the credentials of your sponsoring company.
USCIS policy seems to be "When in doubt, put the file away...indefinitely"

It sounds reasonable and not reasonable:

reasonable: All the I-140 in security check I can find here are all company sponsored

unreasonable: My company is quite big (>>100 employees); and CIS has approved numerous EB-1 filed by by my company.

Just curious: what makes you think they are checking sposoring companies? the same observation as mine?

snafu said:
Security Check covers a wide range of verifications (IBIS, FBI etc.). If your case goes under security check during the adjucation of I-140, it generally means that USCIS is trying to verify the credentials of your sponsoring company.
USCIS policy seems to be "When in doubt, put the file away...indefinitely"

Pplu,

Did you concurrenlty file I140/485 or just the I140? Just wondering as everyone stuck with secuity checks in this thread have concurrently filed.

LUD updates

everytime my attorney follows up with them USCIS says that mine is on investigation . since last month I see so many LUD on my case but no reult yet.

Concurrent filing.

I was told that all I-485 related security checks (name, birth, FP) have been cleared. Only I-140 is in check. My attoney confirmed that after enquiry.

Any speculation? Maybe snafu is right - they are checking my company, not me?

colts_fan said:
Pplu,

Did you concurrenlty file I140/485 or just the I140? Just wondering as everyone stuck with secuity checks in this thread have concurrently filed.

May be he is right, but I haven't seen anyone stuck with secuirty checks filing only I140. It seems like everyone stuck with these checks have filed concurrenlty. I'm thinking it might be something to do with I485 and bcoz of that I140 is kept on hold as well. But, USCIS says they do fraud invesitgation on employers/beneficiary if they find something suspicious. Not sure if these secuirty checks have anythig to do with fraud investigation.

I know a guy who is stuck I-140 security check got a letter from CSC stating explicitly that the stuck is due to his I-1485 security clearance; and CSC said that because the case is concurrent filing, they have consolicited the security checks.

But this doesn't appear to be my case. Unless the people who are doing I-140 security check didn't notice my I-1485 checks had been cleared.

My story

Hi,

I had the same experience, my I140 got stuck for over 2 years due to security review. In Jan 2006, I was explicitly told by my attorney that the security review on me (primary applicant) was cleared and the USCIS will adjudicate my I140 soon. 2 weeks later, my I140 got approved.

It appeared to me the I140 delay due to security review only happnes to consurrent filers. I guess the USCIS originally initiated the process trying to speed up the I485 process. It actaully did, a lot of people got the I140 and I485 approved simultaneoudly and which is faster than the non-concurrent people's I485 process. However to us, the "luckiest" people, we got both stuck in security review.

-------------------------------
EB3-NSC-Michigan China
PD current in Sept
PD: 02/2002 Original Labor
140 RD: 11/2003
485 RD: 11/2003
1st FP: 05/2004
2nd FP: 12/2005
Security review clear: 01/2006
140 AD: 01/2006
485 AD: ???

I just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.
My I140 was approved in 25NOV03. Is this called "additional review" of my case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, pplu:

I was told there are a few checkings, the assistant to my attorney ever told me the agency need to check me on each country I have stayed in before. I'm not sure what exact checking I had been stuck in. I wrote to Senator also, got the security review reply, no further help.

pplu

I would like just make inquiry on I140. In theory, there should be no security review associated with the beneficial of the I140. That's what I tried also. Please see your PM for details

Lud changes

gc_nov_2003,

can you please tell me know why there are so many lud in my I-140 in last 2 months. is it normal??

thanks

But we are only beneficial of I140. Any I140 related documents also don't go to us, they go to the employer. I would ask the attorney to make another inquiry.

what does this mean?

My senator office said that VSC told them that my I-140 is "pending with an adjudication officer"?

What does this mean? Does it mean that the case has gotten out of the security sh*t? :confused: