I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

Hello everyone,

So here I am thinking I'm ready to send my application paperwork and after I was reviewing my answers I realized that question NO.14 says "If your relative is currently in the US., complete the following:"

My question is this.. my mother is not in the US but she did come to the US with a humanitarian visa when my dad passed away.. she left before her visa expired. I know the question says "If your relative is in the U.S., complete the following" So with that should I just leave that section blank since she is no longer in the US? or should I fill it out and attach separate documentation showing the I-94 (copy) and a copy of the airline ticket showing that she left the country before her visa expired??

Thanks,

Alex.

Write N.A.......she is not in the US right now....so it does not apply to her.

Hi everyone,

After reviewing the paperwork needed to submit my mothers I-130. I realized that they don't ask for her BC... it seems a little strange to me.. So do they ever ask for a translated copy of her BC? should I bother translating it and send it to them right now or will that come later or not at all?

Thanks again!!

HI Chivigon,
My lawyer sent copies of all birth certificates and the translations together with the I-130 petitions. You can not notarize your own documents. You as a notary Public should know that, they specify that on the teaching classes you take, you can't notarize on your own name or anyone with your last name that means your own immidate family members. You may translate it, but you can't notarize it. And i would go ahead and send all "copies" (NOT ORIGINALS) of the Birth, Marriages and Divorce(if any) certificates. Your family will be asked for originals on the day of the intervew.
Good Luck.

HI Chivigon,
My lawyer sent copies of all birth certificates and the translations together with the I-130 petitions. You can not notarize your own documents. You as a notary Public should know that, they specify that on the teaching classes you take, you can't notarize on your own name or anyone with your last name that means your own immidate family members. You may translate it, but you can't notarize it. And i would go ahead and send all "copies" (NOT ORIGINALS) of the Birth, Marriages and Divorce(if any) certificates. Your family will be asked for originals on the day of the intervew.
Good Luck.

Hi Yaimalfonso,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using a lawyer and that's why I had the questions. I think I didn't ask the question the right way. I was wondering if I could translate and certify (Not notarize.. I'm not a Notary) my own birth certificate. I went ahead and called USCIS, their answer was that they do not specify weather you can or not and that it is at the discretion of the officer in charge of your case. So just to give an update I found an old certified (not notarized) translation that was used when I became a resident so I went ahead and submitted that. I went ahead and mailed the paperwork yesterday so here is my timeline, I hope everything goes well.

03/04/13: Sent I-30 - from California to Phoenix lockbox (Consular Processing)

Got email today.....my parent's interview is scheduled for April 10th!! So excited and so nervous now!

manny11
I applied my mom's on Dec 2012, so far no news. Applied to chicago lockbox.
Any idea what service center they process? There is no place to track Chicago Lockbox
processing times. Texas and Vermont are the other places, and according to the wbsite
they are processig Jun 2012 as of Dec 2012. Good luck.
thanks

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I have sent my mom's I-130 to Chicago lockbox on 10/10/2012 with a receipt date of 10/18/2012. Initially for a month or so I was not able to track the petition at USCIS.com but then I was able to.

It's been little more than four months since the receipt date and for a long time the site is showing the status as Initial Review.

• Can i contact the customer service to check the status or should I have to wait for one more month before contacting USCIS?
  • Is there anyone applied to Chicago lockbox around this frame and got it approved?
Any suggestions or idea would be greatly appreciated to speed up the process (if there are any). I am so depressed at this moment as my mom never made to the U.S. for past 10 years due to multiple visa rejections.

I-130 Petition (Mother)
- 10/10/12: I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago
- 10/20/12: NOA Rec'd with a receipt date of 10/18/2012
- ..............Eagerly waiting for approval

manny11
I applied my mom's on Dec 2012, so far no news. Applied to chicago lockbox.
Any idea what service center they process? There is no place to track Chicago Lockbox
processing times. Texas and Vermont are the other places, and according to the wbsite
they are processig Jun 2012 as of Dec 2012. Good luck.
thanks

Hi, I would not trust the information on the website anyway... i have been checking it every month and on the CSC is still on the same dates as last month... I don't think the update correctly...

01/17/2013- Form I-130 Mailed out Priority Mail
01/22/2013- Delivered 10:18 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607
02/04/2013- Received I-797C (Notice of Action) by USPS (CASE IS IN INITIAL REVIEW) with Priority Date 01/25/2013

Got email today.....my parent's interview is scheduled for April 10th!! So excited and so nervous now!

Hi Smile1, was the interview scheduled for both parents on the same day?

02/04/2013- Received I-797C (Notice of Action) by USPS (CASE IS IN INITIAL REVIEW) with Priority Date 01/25/2013

Hi Smile1, was the interview scheduled for both parents on the same day?

Yes....it's the same time and date for both.

Smile1..Congrats! Per the email received on March 5th, my mother's interview is also scheduled for April 10th. You should not be nervous. You are almost at the end of this long journey like many others. Good luck to you and your parents!

Hi All,
My parents got visa on 8th march. It was a quick interview & they asked basic questions like who sponsored, which city your son is living in & they haven't asked any question to my Mom.
Good luck to all waiting here :)

Hi All,
My parents got visa on 8th march. It was a quick interview & they asked basic questions like who sponsored, which city your son is living in & they haven't asked any question to my Mom.

Sukhi....Congrats! That's a great news! The journey is now over and you will be reunited with your parents soon! Thank you for sharing the interview questions asked to your parents. It gives everyone here an idea of what our parents should expect during their interviews. Also, thanks for wishing a "Good Luck" to all of us are still waiting...

Hi All,

Congratulations!!! so when can they travel over here???

Hi guys, i was wondering whats the average time for nvc to receive the documents from immigration? Its been a month since it got approved and they havent receive anything yet.

Reinstate I 130 - no update from USCIS

I filled I 130 for my sibling to come to US. File was approved and sent to NVC couple years ago. I sent letter to NVC to cancel I 130 in 2010. Now file is back with USCIS. I sent letter to reinstate the file. Last year in Sept when I sent email to USCIS for case update I got email stated, case has been closed. I have not received any official letter from USCIS stating case is closed. Online status of the case shows it is under review and case is in post decision state.
If case is closed from USCIS, Should I be getting copy of the official letter from USCIS and online case status should be reflecting that?
After having a lawyer, if USCIS is sending letter stating case is under review and check online status, Do we have any other option to move forward with the case and case gets send back to NVC?
My parents also filled I 130 for my sibling. Would that file be in danger due to my file’s current state for my sibling?

I filled I 130 for my sibling to come to US. File was approved and sent to NVC couple years ago. I sent letter to NVC to cancel I 130 in 2010. Now file is back with USCIS. I sent letter to reinstate the file. Last year in Sept when I sent email to USCIS for case update I got email stated, case has been closed. I have not received any official letter from USCIS stating case is closed. Online status of the case shows it is under review and case is in post decision state.
If case is closed from USCIS, Should I be getting copy of the official letter from USCIS and online case status should be reflecting that?
After having a lawyer, if USCIS is sending letter stating case is under review and check online status, Do we have any other option to move forward with the case and case gets send back to NVC?
My parents also filled I 130 for my sibling. Would that file be in danger due to my file’s current state for my sibling?

Hi, isn't the case closed after a year from when it was cancelled? i think i read that somewere on the USCIS website. If a year has passed, you need to start the whole process again... what happened after the case got a prooved and sent to NVC? they didn't approve it? is that why you cancelled it?
Have you tried calling USCIS to check on your case? and what is going on? if it was completely cancelled then, there should be no problem with your parents sending the petition for your sibling. In fact, it would be best if your parents filed for your sibling, the process would be faster.
Good luck.