I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

jl_colin

Registered Users (C)
I thought I could open a new thread for US Citizens petitioning parents through consular processing only. Most of the threads found here talked about USC parents being petitioned while they are currently in the USA through a nonimmigrant (visitor) visas. As the thread tittle indicated, this is only for USC petitioning parents through consular processing. So, let's keep this thread & journey moving forward...

Good luck to all over us who are petitioning parents!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, thanks for starting this thread. esp with the I-130 alone taking so long now, i myself was starting to feel like there was no end to the waiting now. i am hoping that my parents can come to the us by end of the year, but looks like its getting later and later now. the Ca i-130 says that its taking 5 months now.

hey, thanks for starting this thread. esp with the I-130 alone taking so long now, i myself was starting to feel like there was no end to the waiting now. i am hoping that my parents can come to the us by end of the year, but looks like its getting later and later now. the Ca i-130 says that its taking 5 months now.

Robocop104,

No problem. I know this site helped me to succeed on my citizenship. Therefore, I hope we would all share our experiences in bringing parents to the USA via Consular processing as US citizens.

Thanks for starting the threat. I am joining the club, will be applying for my parents GC once I receive my certificate of naturalization in less than 2 weeks. I assume, I will receiving the certificate on the day of oath ceremony, am I right?

For my parents GC application via Consulate Processing, the 1st step is just to submit the I-130 and wait for approval, am I right?

Thanks!

Thanks for starting the threat. I am joining the club, will be applying for my parents GC once I receive my certificate of naturalization in less than 2 weeks. I assume, I will receiving the certificate on the day of oath ceremony, am I right?

For my parents GC application via Consulate Processing, the 1st step is just to submit the I-130 and wait for approval, am I right?

Thanks!

Be sure to sign your natz cert BEFORE you copy it for inclusion with each of your parents I-130s. You could have everything ready to mail except for the natz cert. and I have seen folks make that mistake, or worse give the natz cert to the passport folks FIRST and have to wait extra weeks before filing petitions all because theY either forgot to copy it or copied it before signing!

You live---you learn.

Be sure to sign your natz cert BEFORE you copy it for inclusion with each of your parents I-130s. You could have everything ready to mail except for the natz cert. and I have seen folks make that mistake, or worse give the natz cert to the passport folks FIRST and have to wait extra weeks before filing petitions all because theY either forgot to copy it or copied it before signing!

You live---you learn.

Thanks for the tips! Yes, I DO NOT plan to apply the US passport until I have mailed out my parents I-130...:D

Quick questions for the I-130 form. Do I need to include my Alien Registration Number on Question 10 (left section of the form) since I am a US citizen now? For Question 17, do I need to list myself here in this list?

Thanks for the tips! Yes, I DO NOT plan to apply the US passport until I have mailed out my parents I-130...:D

Quick questions for the I-130 form. Do I need to include my Alien Registration Number on Question 10 (left section of the form) since I am a US citizen now? For Question 17, do I need to list myself here in this list?

Your A# is on the natz cert. By leaving it blank on forms you slow the process by making someone at USCIS do it (when they feel like getting around to it, that is). When you make extra work for them, your file goes to the bottom of the pile.

Your A# is on the natz cert. By leaving it blank on forms you slow the process by making someone at USCIS do it (when they feel like getting around to it, that is). When you make extra work for them, your file goes to the bottom of the pile.

How about Question 17?

Likuliku,

Once you are a US Citizen, you do not need the Alien Registration number anymore. It said: "Alien..." You are now a US Citizen and your Naturalization Certificate is the key. So, disregard the Question 10 regarding the Alien Registration No. I hope I was able to respond to your concerns.

Likuliku,

Once you are a US Citizen, you do not need the Alien Registration number anymore. It said: "Alien..." You are now a US Citizen and your Naturalization Certificate is the key. So, disregard the Question 10 regarding the Alien Registration No. I hope I was able to respond to your concerns.

You will add time to the processing of the case by following this bad advice.

However, if you think this is good advice then also please neglect to sign your petition; neglect to sign your check; and by all means, please mail it to the wrong address! THEN be sure to argue with everyone about everything and then you will be guaranteed a very successful failure! After all, that is what you will get when you fail to follow simple form instructions and leave spaces on forms blank simply because someone on a forum told you to disregard the form instructions!

Last edited by a moderator:
applying parents by 2 sponsors

guys:

My mom and my stepdad are applying for my grandparents to come to the US via consular processing. My mom is a naturalized citizen and my stepdad is a natural born citizen. My mom is a house wife so my stepdad is the main bread winner of the family. So on the i-130 my mom will be the primary sponsor and my stepdad is the joint sponsor. My questions are:
1. do they each has to fill out a i-864 for my grandparents, namely four i-864 forms in total?
2. Which box on part I of the i-864 does my mom need to mark? which box on part I of the i-864 does my stepdad need to mark?
3. how about part III item #8 of the i-864 for my mom and my stepdad?
4. How should my mom fill out the rest of the i-864 since she has no income and the applications are solely based on my stepdad's incomes and assets?

Thanks y'all!

I thought I could open a new thread for US Citizens petitioning parents through consular processing only. Most of the threads found here talked about USC parents being petitioned while they are currently in the USA through a nonimmigrant (visitor) visas. As the thread tittle indicated, this is only for USC petitioning parents through consular processing. So, let's keep this thread & journey moving forward...

Good luck to all over us who are petitioning parents!

Any update for your I130? I filed mine last week at CSC and just received the email from USCIS this morning. It seems the processing time is 5 months. Where did you file yours?

Any update for your I130? I filed mine last week at CSC and just received the email from USCIS this morning. It seems the processing time is 5 months. Where did you file yours?

not yet, I think the package was sent out about a week ago.

Great thread! Thanks for starting this. I shall be sending my parents' papers pretty soon so just wanted to join the club!

It's probably too early to know anything since the processing time is 5 months. It has now been two months since I received the Notice that my petition was received & it's being processed. I just have to keep my fingers closed and wait for the good outcome. I will give the USCIS call once I reached 3 months.

It's probably too early to know anything since the processing time is 5 months. It has now been two months since I received the Notice that my petition was received & it's being processed. I just have to keep my fingers closed and wait for the good outcome. I will give the USCIS call once I reached 3 months.

Kindly update your status after you call USCIS. Thanks!

Emails from NVC

Hi,

I applied for my father's I-130 (US citizen applying for parent) last July and it got approved in February 2012 and the approval notice mentioned that NVC will contact me and my dad for further processing. I received 2 emails from NVC, one that is marked for my attention, stating that I have to pay the affidavit of support fee for $88 and a choice of agent form that needs to be selected by my dad for receiving correspondence about the case on a US address (it mentions that I can send this choice of agent form to my dad abroad in case he did not receive it, so he can sign and send it back to NVC). The other email that I received is marked for my dad's attention, asking for choice of agent by my dad for receiving correspondence about the case on a US address.

I called my dad asking if he received any correspondence from NVC but he has not received anything yet. Is it normal to receive corresponence from NVC by email only? Also, can I send the choice of agent form to my dad and ask him to fax it back to me after signing it and I can send it from within the US as I am not sure if the mail from my dad will ever reach NVC office (of course he can send it by Fedex or UPS, which should be reliable enough but just in case)?

Also, since I will be out of town from last week of June to the 3rd week of July, I am concerned that if I start the process now by paying the AOS fee and having my dad select the choice of agent, I might get correspondence from NVC while I am out of town. Is it advisable to delay paying the AOS fee and choice of agent till mid July or this could jeopardize the case?

Please let me know.

Thanks

I-130 submitted

Hi All,

I have also joined this thread.

Submitted I-130 for parents - 6/9/2012

Thanks,
Sukhi

As I previously mentioned that I will give the USCIS Customer Service call. I just did today and my case is still being processed. According to the customer service guy, I need to wait in about 2 more months to call again. Well...It seems like the California Service Center is running behind, even though the processing times is 5 months. Anyone with the latest updates? Please share...