I-130 for Consular Processing

CONGRATULATIONS on your case complete. You should get email from NVC soon with the interview letter and details.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Hi everybody,

as per AVR my case was completed on 23rd feb 2010. til date i haven't heard anything form NVC.
how much time it usually takes for interview schedule ?

Thanks Ajay

PCC should be Original.

Other documents like MC and BC can be certified copies. I submitted ORIGINALS and Copies of all the Originals and all the Originals are returned at the time of Interview. Most of them are sending in Originals based on what i am reading on the forums....Usually Certified copies are given by the same issuing office in India......

On Original Documents you can write them using Pencil and on all other copies you can write them using Pen.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

All,
I have two questions on DS-230:

1) Documents that need to be submitted such marriage certificate, PCC should be in ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED COPIES: How are most applicats submitting them? What if we lose them in the mail or at NVC? IF Cerfied copies can be submitted, who in India can certify them? Can an attoney with Power of authority certify them?
2) NVC letter says that "write your case number clearly (exactly as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents"
How can we write the NVC case number on original certificates?

Would appreciate your help on the above two questions

Thanks

interview schedule

A confusion.
When all the interview appointments are scheduled in the second week for every month for leading month then how people are getting their interview appointment emails in last/early of a month ( checked the time lines)

my case completed on 23 feb 2010. but till date i haven't heard anything regarding the interview schedule.

Well, just an update, received the approved I-130 package for my mom. It had instructions for the "Agent Choice" and also how to pay the $70 fees for the NVC processing. The fees are paid and the "Agent" letter is mailed. It takes 3 days to get the receipt document online. After that, they said Affidavit of Support need to be processed using that document etc.

I'll rather follow the instruction provided by Homeland Security in the letters/packages. Those are clear and seems to have changed and few online now.

Hello All,

I'm USC and filing I-130/CP for both of my parents. I've sent 2x I-130 per instruction that each parent require their own I-130. My questions is that further down the process, do I need 2 sets of I-864 and DS-230? Both of those forms ask if there are other relative immigrating with the beneficiary, so wouldn't I be duplicating each other on their own forms? Also, Raj456's comment seems to indicate you only need to pay once (the $70 fee which I believe is for I-864) to receive the bar codes for both?? Can someone please clarify this?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you need two sets of I-130, DS-3032, I-864, DS-230....each one for each parent. You will pay just one fee of $70 for AOS (I-864) for others I-130 (2 * $355 I-130 ) and ( 2* $400 for DS-230).

Here is another forum that you can use to track the progress of I-130.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186733-i-130-progress-list/page__st__2250

Hope this helps..Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Hello All,

I'm USC and filing I-130/CP for both of my parents. I've sent 2x I-130 per instruction that each parent require their own I-130. My questions is that further down the process, do I need 2 sets of I-864 and DS-230? Both of those forms ask if there are other relative immigrating with the beneficiary, so wouldn't I be duplicating each other on their own forms? Also, Raj456's comment seems to indicate you only need to pay once (the $70 fee which I believe is for I-864) to receive the bar codes for both?? Can someone please clarify this?

Cheers

Yes you need two sets of I-130, DS-3032, I-864, DS-230....each one for each parent. You will pay just one fee of $70 for AOS (I-864) for others I-130 (2 * $355 I-130 ) and ( 2* $400 for DS-230).

Raj ... can you please provide some information on the medical exam experience of your parents ? I believe they would have gone for medicals at Apollo Heart Center. How many days before the interview did they schedule their medical appointment ? Were the results given the same day ? Also is there any need to interact with VFS as part of the CP process ? Thanks.

I-130 from sister.

Guys, I-130 for a sister has been approved, Do we call NVC for case no. or we will receive letter from them. Please advice.

Guys, I-130 for a sister has been approved, Do we call NVC for case no. or we will receive letter from them. Please advice.

If you are not in any hurry then you can wait to get letter from NVC with the case#.
Or about 2 days after you get the I-130 approval notice, you can call the NVC automated system,
enter the I-130 case number and find the corresponding NVC case number. Once you get the case number you can talk to a NVC operator and register your and beneficiaries email address and they will send subsequent communication like DS3032, AOS bills etc via email

My parents live in Hyd and they did their Medicals in Hyd (approved by US Embassy Chennai ).

As soon as we got Interview letters, i emailed the doctor (appointments are scheduled via email only) and scheduled the interview and on the day of interview my parents went and paid the fees and the doctor did check them up and gave their blood work and other samples on the first day and on the next day they visited again once the test results are available. The second day doctor did gave them vaccinations (based on age and earlier records) and handed them over the sealed envelope to submit at the Consulate Office on the Interview day.

It is just two day process.

There is no need to interact with VFS before interview. After the interview is complete my parents paid the courier fee to VFS (couple of blocks away from Embassy in Chennai) and within couple of days, the passports arrived in mail.

Hope this helps...good luck Thanks, Raj

Raj ... can you please provide some information on the medical exam experience of your parents ? I believe they would have gone for medicals at Apollo Heart Center. How many days before the interview did they schedule their medical appointment ? Were the results given the same day ? Also is there any need to interact with VFS as part of the CP process ? Thanks.

Hi,

I have a question:

How will one's petition be affected if the original petitioner is no longer in the U.S. (migrated to Australia)?
Can the beneficiaries still proceed with their case?

Here's the scenario:

My father-in-law was petitioned by his brother back in 1989. A few days ago, he finally received a notification that his I-130 has finally been approved. He also got his DS-3032 (agent form) in that mail. However, his brother has already migrated to Australia several years ago.

How will this affect his case?

I doubt he can still indicate his brother as the contact person in his DS-3032?

Can I, as his son-in-law, substitute as the contact person and eventually also be the one provide his affidavit of support? I'm already a green card holder by the way.

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

I have a question,

I have applied to my wife I-130 and got the approval , My wife deliver a baby after the approval, and i would like to add our baby to the process, what should we do in this case?
yestarday i got the DS3032, AOS bills via email ..

In that case, contact NVC and furnish them a copy of your child's birth certificate.

Do i have to apply for another I-130 for my new born baby?
and when i applying for my wife DS-230, shall i fill up two form? one for my wife and one for new born baby?

No new I-130. Minor child gets added to it. If DS-230 form has space for dependents, then one DS-230 as well.

Do i have to apply for another I-130 for my new born baby?
and when i applying for my wife DS-230, shall i fill up two form? one for my wife and one for new born baby?