I-130 for Consular Processing

i didnt even know about this thread thanks i have to read through it all and add experiences if and when i go through it

Hi Raj,

Checking this thread after few months. I hope your parents now in US on greencard. My parents case was approved in March and they came to US last week. Passport stamped...so finally are over and we are able to enjoy togather.

One question I have. Did you appled for the SSN. I went SSN office, but they said that SSN will come automatically in few days. If it's not received in 21 days, then I should come to SSN office.

Did your parents got there SSN and the card...

Hope you guys are having fun...

Hi I-130 memebers,

I applied for I-130 for my brother and sister. I received RFE for my sister for birth certificate (as it was registered as a late entry) asking for secondary evidence like school records, hospital records etc. I have already submitted that and USCIS received the evidence as last update on the case is 5/18. USCIS sent the initial RFE at my old address EVEN I UPDATED the address by online tool and post office forwarded USCIS letter to my new address.
I am worried, if I may miss some other letters if they mail something else. What is the next step? Will I be receiving approval notice or the case will not be processed for years as it the wait time for siblings is very long? Should I just call customer service to ask if USCIS mailed anything else after RFE as the LUD is from 5/18 but the msg is the same from April 2010 when they asked for RFE.
Please, advise. Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Vital

Hi All,

Just got my N-400 approved, my oath ceremony is on 5/27. I filed an I-130 petition for my wife and daughter on Oct 2009 when I was still a green card holder. Once I get my naturalization certificate I will call USCIS to upgrade the case. Does anyone know:

- How long does it take to approve the I-130 once upgraded?
- How long does it take NVC to process the petition (once the I-130 are approved) and send to the consulate?

Thanks!!

Check out my timeline below:

Dec 8 2009 - Called USCIS to upgrade I-130.
Feb 24 2010 - I-130 approved.
Mar 3 2010 - NVC emailed me the choice of agent and Affidavit of Support fee letters.
Mar 23 2010 - NVC completed the Change of consulate I had requested.
Mar 23 2010 - NVC emailed me the IV fee letter.
May 17 2010 - Sent IV applications and supporting documents to NVC
??? ?? ???? - Interview date

Check out my timeline below:

Dec 8 2009 - Called USCIS to upgrade I-130.
Feb 24 2010 - I-130 approved.
Mar 3 2010 - NVC emailed me the choice of agent and Affidavit of Support fee letters.
Mar 23 2010 - NVC completed the Change of consulate I had requested.
Mar 23 2010 - NVC emailed me the IV fee letter.
May 17 2010 - Sent IV applications and supporting documents to NVC
??? ?? ???? - Interview date

blkhawk thanks for the response. When did you file the I-130 petition?

question I-130

Hi everybody,

i have some question, I got citizen on may 13th, same day i filed I-130 for my overseas wife , and i never get NOA1 until 06/01/10. 06/01/10 i got phone call form my ex roommate, we were living together, 2 years ago than i moved other address. He said you have a letter from USCIS, i pick up right away from him , it was NOA1 with AR-11 adress change form and return envelope, i looked on return envelope my normal adress was wrong building number was 7814, suppose to be 7418 that's way i couldnt recive NOA1, than they sent my old address. now i have to change address with new one, how aam i going to do that, they already sent AR-11 with NOA1 but i m citizen i cant file AR-11, is there a somebody overthere that you can help me..

THANKS

Same thing happened to me. I called USICS and explained that I am now a US citizen. They told me I didn't have to send the AR-11 but I sent it anyway.

Same thing happened to me. I called USICS and explained that I am now a US citizen. They told me I didn't have to send the AR-11 but I sent it anyway.

Hi Blkkhwk
i changed my address online, i hope it is going to work, anyway what is your I-130 status, which step are you in ?

Updated on my case:

05.27.2010: Called USCIS to upgrade I-130 for spouse and child
06.08.2010: I-130 approved
06.16.2010: Case transferred to NVC
06.22.2010: Forms sent to Lawyer

Updated on my case:

05.27.2010: Called USCIS to upgrade I-130 for spouse and child
06.08.2010: I-130 approved
06.16.2010: Case transferred to NVC
06.22.2010: Forms sent to Lawyer
07.08.2010: Package created and sent to Lawyer

question: is it possible for a minor child to petition parents?

hi, i would like to inquire if it's possible for a minor (16 yrs old) to petition parents to live in the US? what is the process? thank you.

I was born in the US so I got my citizenship at birth. My parents though are foreign nationals living outside the US..

I130 documents

Hello,

I am going to filing petition for my parent next month. I need some info about documents.

Do I need birth certificate of mother and father?
How many photographs I need?

Thanks in advance.

Ashish

Last edited by a moderator: