I-130 for Consular Processing

Hi

When should i send the DS3032,ds 230 forms? will uscis send these forms to me or to my dad? when will they do it? i am confused. pls help

can you pls tell me what all documents should we be gathering? i thought uscis will be sending us list of what all douchuments we be sending

Since there are so many different immigrant classifications, the evidence required will vary on a case-by-case basis. Read the instructions specific to the benefit sought. The burden of proof in on the person seeking the benefit, see INA section 291.

EXAMPLE: Filed an I-130 for my stepfather---proof of my relationship to my mother (my birth certificate or adoption papers or DNA test); proof that my mother was free to marry my stepfather (this could simply be my b/c showing she was a single unwwed mother, this could be my dad's death certificate, or this could be my parents' divorce papers); proof that he was free to marry my mom (this could be his divorce paper's ,his late wife's death certificate, or a report of the country's vital statistics records showing no marriage record for him {this last thing is common in the Phillipines because children's birth certificates ofetn say if the parents were married--parents often lie or fail to correct an incorrect assumption of that fact}; proof of my relationship to my stepfather (this will be proof of his marriage to my mother---NOTE: according to the law at INA 101(b)(1)(B) the marriage had to take place before I turned 18).

So, what are you trying to prove?

You have to prove different things at different times, take it one step at a time. What do you need to prove now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you barry4me for the comment, does that mean as a permanent resident, It could take up to 12 months or less for the process to be completed from start to finish. I mean from the time of filing to the time my wife goes for the visa interview?

does that mean as a permanent resident, It could take up to 12 months or less for the process to be completed from start to finish.

It all depends on the individual case. Per the USCIS website, it can take up to 5 months to approve I-130 (Some were approved earlier, some later, depends on the case) If they find something in your background check or are not satisfied with the documents submitted, they will send you an RFE (Request For Evidence), this will delay the case. Once approved they will forward the case to NVC.
In the case of LPR applying for Spouse, currently NVC is processing applications with a priority date (Date USCIS accepted your I-130) of August 1, 2010. So about four months to get an NVC# (This timeframe changes depending on the workload for such cases. Keep checking the Visa Bulletin on NVC website for updated info.) Once a # is issued then begins the process of proving support I-864, and your wife applying for Immigrant Visa Application DS-230 (The time taken here depends on how fast you can get all the forms and supporting documents to NVC for processing) on average about 5-6 months. If everything is in order then NVC will schedule an Interview date at the Consulate in the home country. So all in all about 15 months on average for the process. Again if you don't have all documents and you delay sending in forms, it will add to the timeline, so it's best to begin preparing all forms and supporting documentation before it is requested.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

On the form I-130 and G-325A, there are no space for email address and telephone number, where on the form did you write your email address and the phone the uscis used in sending you the acceptance email and text message? Can you write it on a piece of paper and attach to the form?

hi

No, you will have to fill out form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition acceptance and attach it to the first page of your I-130.
Here's the link:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-1145.pdf

I checked the recipt from uscis. they did not print the complete first name for my dad. It is a prety long first name. I had issues typing it in the computer my self. So i called the uscis and asked them about it. She told me that she is going to send out a query to the local service center which is Vermount and i will be notified in 30 days.
Do you guys think i did the right thing. Will this delay my paper work processing time?

I checked the recipt from uscis. they did not print the complete first name for my dad. It is a prety long first name. I had issues typing it in the computer my self. So i called the uscis and asked them about it. She told me that she is going to send out a query to the local service center which is Vermount and i will be notified in 30 days.
Do you guys think i did the right thing. Will this delay my paper work processing time?

Did you type his complete first name? If the name on the receipt is different from what you sent in on I-130, then you did the right thing in notifying them.

hi

Did you type his complete first name? If the name on the receipt is different from what you sent in on I-130, then you did the right thing in notifying them.

I could not type the complete first name on the computer, so i wrote it by hand. I hope it does not delay the process of I 130?

Gurus,
Thanks for posting all important information here. I have applied I130 for my mother on last Aug. Early this month, I got a letter that the case is transferred to Texas Service Center. What does it mean?

Can anyone help me providing all the common list of forms and other information (to collect from my mother) that are required for consular processing after I130? Any forum link is also helpful. I want to be proactive lining up all those. When those will be asked, I shall not take much time to provide those.

Thanks much in advance for helping.

I am in the same situation like Jony. MY mom CP priority date is Aug 27th and then the case was transferred to Texas and now it says it is transferred to USCIS office. If you hear more on your Mom's case please keep us posted. BTW our CP is Chennai.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Hi Joni, have a look in this link it migth give you some help..Good journey!!

B

I'm trying to get a head start on things. I-130 for my wife and i'm a USC. I download DS-230 (expires 02/29/2012..both part 1 and 2), I-864 (expires 10/31/2011) and DS-3032 (expires 12/31/2006, can't find a more current date). These date are on the upper right hand corner of each form. Will these be ok or current enough?

Also, i see many posting of birth cert., but i don't see that anywhere on form ds 230. If im petitioning for my wife, do i need her birth cert?

What are some of the places for doctor exam in bangkok thailand? Anybody know? thanks

I'm trying to get a head start on things. I-130 for my wife and i'm a USC. I download DS-230 (expires 02/29/2012..both part 1 and 2), I-864 (expires 10/31/2011) and DS-3032 (expires 12/31/2006, can't find a more current date). These date are on the upper right hand corner of each form. Will these be ok or current enough?

The best place to look for updated immigration forms is:
US immigration website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
National Visa Center website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/nvc/nvc_1335.html

I've seen newer versions of the form you have on these sites.
Also, the NVC website explains the process, the documents required, it even gives you info. on consulates per country so you know what docs. are required for DS-230 and the interview.

Also, i see many posting of birth cert., but i don't see that anywhere on form ds 230. If im petitioning for my wife, do i need her birth cert?

What are some of the places for doctor exam in bangkok thailand? Anybody know? thanks

The NVC website i gave you has all this information. Requires some good reading time though...good luck!