I-130 for Consular Processing

Hey my case was put under administrative processing. when i went to my interivew on Sept 08, 2009 the consular told me all my papers are complete and all there is to be done is administrative processing. i read oline that it takes to at least 60 days but its been 5 months till yesterday. I dont understand why its taking so long because i never been out of my country and i know i never did anything wrong. so i want to know how long is it going to take? is there something i can do to make the processing finish faster? my wife is in USA and im getting my visa through I-130 so can she do something there to help me with the processing? and is it true if i keep writing to the embassy it will delay my processing more???
pls help me!!!

Paper clip photos to the DS230 and do not paste them....

Hi Friends,

one quick question.

it is asked to summit two 2in x 2in color photographs with DS230.
my question is do i need to staple both photographs on one side of the form or
i have to glue/staple one photo graph at some specified space on DS230 and staple the second one on side of the form.

( i did'nt find any 2in X 2in photo size block to paste the photograph or any instructions like " Paste your photo here")

there is blank block printed on page 1 of DS230 top left corner.. do i need to paste one photo here ?

kindly clear my confusion.

Regards/Ajay

Hey guys! I have a question: My wife petitioned me on the 4th of september in 2009. I was in the usa at the time she petitioned me but my visa was about to expire at that time so i left the country. We didnt file i-485 status of adjustment. So it is gonna be consular processing. On the 3rd of february they transfered our case to anchorage field office and they sent us a notice of action about this process.. Do u know how much would it take our i-130 to be approved and how much time would it take for me to fly to the states.
Kind regards to u all.

Paper clip photos to the DS230 and do not paste them....

One quick question -

I see Login failed after prople submit DS-230, what is that ? If it gives some sort of DS-230 status then how do we get login credential ?

Thanks,
RAS.

Hey guys! I have a question: My wife petitioned me on the 4th of september in 2009. I was in the usa at the time she petitioned me but my visa was about to expire at that time so i left the country. We didnt file i-485 status of adjustment. So it is gonna be consular processing. On the 3rd of february they transfered our case to anchorage field office and they sent us a notice of action about this process.. Do u know how much would it take our i-130 to be approved and how much time would it take for me to fly to the states.
Kind regards to u all.

When you wife filled out the I-130 did she put down Anchorage, AK for question 22 which ask if the relative is in the US and requesting adjustment of status? Did your wife receive anything requesting an interview at the Anchorage office?

Just received notice of approval for my parents' I-130. The notice states that the case has been forwarded to NVC.
My parents are in Pakistan and I believe the process following USCIS approval varies from country to country. Any idea what's next or if you can point me in the direction where I can find relevant information?

Checklist letter on DS230

A checklist letter email is received on 20 feb 2010 stating NVC is still waiting for the Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230) and corresponding civil documents
however we have already send DS230 and civil documents which are received by NVC on 16 feb 2010.

it is written to include a copy of this letter and barcode sheet which has come with your correspondence. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case.

how to respond to this checklist letter now?

Thanx in advance
Ajay S

I have a question, guys. One of the requirements from the sponsor on the I-864 is a "proof of employment," what counts as proof of employment? Do I need a letter from my company stating that I'm employed with them, or will my last paytsub suffice?

You dont have to respond this message ......if you have already sent your DS-230 Documents Packet to NVC. Most of them gets this message.......

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

A checklist letter email is received on 20 feb 2010 stating NVC is still waiting for the Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230) and corresponding civil documents
however we have already send DS230 and civil documents which are received by NVC on 16 feb 2010.

it is written to include a copy of this letter and barcode sheet which has come with your correspondence. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case.

how to respond to this checklist letter now?

Thanx in advance
Ajay S

Either of them works but it is better to send them the employment letter and the last 6 months pay stubs along with the IRS tax transcripts.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

I have a question, guys. One of the requirements from the sponsor on the I-864 is a "proof of employment," what counts as proof of employment? Do I need a letter from my company stating that I'm employed with them, or will my last paytsub suffice?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I posted the details here in the below link......

Once I-130 is approved then your case is forwarded to NVC for further processing and once the case number is assigned at NVC then you can register your email(petitioner) and beneficiary email and the communication is through email from NVC and the process will be faster...Hope this helps....I posted on this thread how the process works at NVC......

Here is the link for the detailed info..i posted...

http://forums.immigration.com/showth...cessing/page35

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Just received notice of approval for my parents' I-130. The notice states that the case has been forwarded to NVC.
My parents are in Pakistan and I believe the process following USCIS approval varies from country to country. Any idea what's next or if you can point me in the direction where I can find relevant information?

Login fails means...that the case is almost completed at NVC. After the login fails...in a day or two the CASE will be completed at NVC.

You will get login credentials when your case is at NVC. After I-130 is approved the case will be transferred to NVC and once the case is at NVC ( check this link .. http://forums.immigration.com/showth...cessing/page35 ).... you need to give petitioners email address and beneficiaries email address and once that is done...the petitioner/beneficiary will receive email from NVC asking them to pay the AOS fee $70....and at this time you will be able to login to NVC payment site using invoice number and the NVC case number....go through the details in the link provided...you will know how it works at NVC.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

One quick question -

I see Login failed after prople submit DS-230, what is that ? If it gives some sort of DS-230 status then how do we get login credential ?

Thanks,
RAS.

Once your case is assigned NVC Case Number and after registering your emails you will get emails and here is the document that i used....

Also check the Visajourney.com for more posts...specific to I-130 progress and NVC status.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186733&st=1725

NVC Center

Once your case is received by the NVC they will each be given a case number. Once that happens you will have to give your email address to the NVC as well as the email address for your parents.

Tips for NVC

Once you know that the I-130 have been sent to the NVC you can start calling them, I did this every day until I got the case number.

NVC phone number 603-334-0700

You need to speak to a officer so skip the automated service by pressing 1 then 5 after you get through.

Once you have the case number you need to give the operator the email addresses for you and your parents.

Next you need to email the NVC the DS-3230 choice of agent. Use this template for the email.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

DS-3032

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80023.pdf

Next you will get a email from the NVC telling you the petitioner that you need to pay the AOS fee bill it will give you the link to the NVC payment site where you will pay the fee using a credit card or debit card.

You only need to pay $70.00 once as both your parents cases are linked and they only charge once.

Once that is paid you will print out a barcode coversheet from the payment site for each parent you will need to attach one to each AOS packet that you have made for each parent

I-864 – AOS Packet

See the link below for full details of what you need to send with the I-864

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

You will receive another email telling you that the DS-3032 has been accepted and telling you that the DS-230 IV fee bill should now be paid. $400.00 each parent. You will go back to the NVC payment site to do this.

[/size]

2 sets of Affidavit of Support

Once the AOS is paid and you have printed the Barcode coversheet, you need to download the I-864 and complete attatch all the documents required and then mail it to NVC. The full instructions on what you need to do are on the NVC payment site on the right hand side of the page, just click the link.

It can take two weeks + before the DS-3032 is entered into the NVC system. Use the time to gather together all the paperwork for the DS-230 so that once the DS-3032 has been accepted you can pay the IV Bill and then mail the DS-230

DS-230

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DS-0230.pdf

Again once it shows as paid you will print out another barcode coversheet to include with the DS-230 for each parent. You will need to include Originals of the following documents for each parent.

BIRTH CERTIFICATES
ADOPTION PAPERS
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
MARRIAGE TERMINATION (DIVORCE)
COURT RECORDS
MILITARY RECORDS
POLICE CERTIFICATE
2 PHOTOGRAPHS
Beneficiaries Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FOR ALL MARRIAGES
PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE

You can use the time that the I-130 is being processed to gather all the above document together so that you have them ready to send as soon as you get to each step at NVC.

Once all the paperwork has been received at NVC they will review your parents cases this can take anything from a few days to a few weeks.

Once the review is complete then you will get a email telling you that the case is complete and has been forwarded to the embassy in your parents country.

You will also get a interview letter telling you the date of the interview and a link to the Embassy website with instructions on how to get the medical done and instructions for the interview.

What you need to do is, you send one complete set of original documents with the Barcode coversheet of one parent and then for the other parent you have to attach to their Barcode Copversheet a photocopy of the original document and write on it "Original Held In Case # LND2009****** " You must do that for every document that is not the original.

Also when you come to paying the AOS Fee Bill you only need to pay this once, when you go on-line to pay it you will see that it says "includes another case" and it will link to other parent's case so that you can print out the Barcode Coversheet for them both.

Once NVC get the DS230 they review all the paperwork and once this is done the case is then complete and you will get a interview date and the case paperwork will be forwarded to the embassy. You will then get a email with the interview instructions and instructions for the medical.

You can find a list of what to include here:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Can anyone/RAJ please respond to following in conjuction with above explanation :

1. One can send DS-3032 email even before getting DS-3032 in mail/post ? Who signs DS-3032

2. Can my spouse do signatures of mine in both DS230 and DS-3032 ?

3. Once the AOS fee is paid online, the very next minute can we print the bard-code, or do we have to wait
until the status changes to 'AOS Fee paid' and after that only we can print bar-code ?

4. Do we pay IV fee when we receive IV fee bill, OR we pay once we can get an update on DS-3032 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED ?

5. When do we print the bar-code for IV fee: When the status shows as paid OR just after we submit payment online ?

6. Orignal documents are laminated, is it okay ?

PLEASE RESPOND ... thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother is ready for interview for consular processing in New Delhi. She doesnt have any proof of vaccination in India. Can you tell me what are the vaccines she needs prior to her medical exam?

answers below....

Can anyone/RAJ please respond to following in conjuction with above explanation :

1. One can send DS-3032 email even before getting DS-3032 in mail/post ? Who signs DS-3032

Ans: No you cannot send DS-3032 before getting email from NVC. After I-130 is approved your case will be moved to NVC and NVC will assign case numbers and once you know the case numbers are assigned, you need to call and give them email addresses for both the petitioner and the beneficiary. Once they have emails they will email you the DS-3032 form and AOS fee, once after you receive email from NVC then you can email them the DS-3032 use this template to email NVC and also you can print the email that your sending and write the NVC case number on the top of the printed paper and snail mail it to NVC.

DS-3032 is choice of agent form. Either Petitioner can be agent or Beneficiary can be agent and whoever is the agent they will sign it, usually petitioner will be agent. Hope this helps...
2. Can my spouse do signatures of mine in both DS230 and DS-3032 ?

The beneficiary will sign on DS-230 documents and only on Part 1 of DS-230 and not on Part 2 of DS-230.

3. Once the AOS fee is paid online, the very next minute can we print the bard-code, or do we have to wait
until the status changes to 'AOS Fee paid' and after that only we can print bar-code ?

After paying the AOS fee you need to wait until the status changes to PAID and then only you will be able to print the Document Cover Sheet.

4. Do we pay IV fee when we receive IV fee bill, OR we pay once we can get an update on DS-3032 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED ?

You will get an email from NVC about the IV Fee Bill and then only you will pay the IV Fee

5. When do we print the bar-code for IV fee: When the status shows as paid OR just after we submit payment online ?

After paying the IV Fee Bill the status changes to PAID and then only you will be able to print the Document Cover Sheet. It will take a day or two to change the status to PAID.

6. Orignal documents are laminated, is it okay ?

I do not if laminated documents are accepted or not. Call NVC and find out with them.

NVC phone number 603-334-0700

You need to speak to a officer so skip the automated service by pressing 1 then 5 after you get through.

Good Luck!
Thanks, Raj ( all these are based on my experiences and i am not a lawyer or expert......these are the things that i followed for my parents )

PLEASE RESPOND ... thanks

Login to the NVC payment site ( the payment site that is used to pay the AOS Fee and IV Fee using invoice number and nvc case number ).

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Thanks for the reply, Raj. One other question, what login are you talking about when you say login fails?

Once the interview is scheduled, your mother needs to see a US approved medical doctor in New Delhi as the Medicals need to be completed before Interview date and here is the link for the details....

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/medical_report.html

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

My mother is ready for interview for consular processing in New Delhi. She doesnt have any proof of vaccination in India. Can you tell me what are the vaccines she needs prior to her medical exam?

Interview schedule

Hi everybody,

as per AVR my case was completed on 23rd feb 2010. til date i haven't heard anything form NVC.
how much time it usually takes for interview schedule ?

Thanks Ajay

All,
I have two questions on DS-230:

1) Documents that need to be submitted such marriage certificate, PCC should be in ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED COPIES: How are most applicats submitting them? What if we lose them in the mail or at NVC? IF Cerfied copies can be submitted, who in India can certify them? Can an attoney with Power of authority certify them?
2) NVC letter says that "write your case number clearly (exactly as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents"
How can we write the NVC case number on original certificates?

Would appreciate your help on the above two questions

Thanks