I-130 for Consular Processing

Jwong2010,

I dont remember if i read on this site but i know i read it on www.visajourney.com. You can search on this site and also you can post your Question on this site and i can guarantee you that you will get response very fast.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/

Hope this helps...Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Hi Raj,

I tried to use the keyword "Translation" and searched for the posts that you mentioned
you saw them earlier, but I just can't find them.

Would you please be kind enough to point me to the posts ? I'm anxious to see what
was the situation.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Best regards,
Jwong2010

Hi Kwel,

I just recently called to upgrade my wife and daughter petitions. Just want to chekc how long does it take to get approval after the upgrade? Did you get any response back from them after you upgraded the your wife petition?

Thanks in advance.

Application was approved on the 22/1/2010. They sent a request to send photos etc.. It took 10 days after sending them photos of both beneficiary and petitioner also copy of the naturalization certificate.

-kwel

Hey
Raj

Thanks for the info...
I 130 application was approved on 22/1/10.
can the interview be done in Hyderabad or only in Chennai.

Thanks
kwel

Raj/Someone else,

I had applied for my parents, and today I tried to login into the NVC online...but it's says "Login Failed"..
I check the automated response, but it's same "Checklist letter Response Received...taked 6 to 8 weeks"

I had read somewhere when the login fails it means the case is approved.....Please advise.

Hey Raj, did you mother's interview got done....
Your and mine parents wre almost togather...I got a RFE for passport office PCC. I ad sent on Jan 12th....

Hello All

I will be filing a I-130 for my wife who is in India
I have question about wife name
As you know, wife name is changed after marriage.
After marriage middle name and last name is changed
Not sure which name I should put in Form 130.
I mean should I put name which was before marriage or after marriage

Kwel,

It is in Chennai as Hyderabad is not accepting immigrant inteviews. Hyd is accepting only non-immigrant visas. Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Hey
Raj

Thanks for the info...
I 130 application was approved on 22/1/10.
can the interview be done in Hyderabad or only in Chennai.

Thanks
kwel

Last edited by a moderator:
sank72,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! It will take couple of days for the AVR to change. Your case is completed at NVC. My Parents interview is done.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Raj/Someone else,

I had applied for my parents, and today I tried to login into the NVC online...but it's says "Login Failed"..
I check the automated response, but it's same "Checklist letter Response Received...taked 6 to 8 weeks"

I had read somewhere when the login fails it means the case is approved.....Please advise.

Hey Raj, did you mother's interview got done....
Your and mine parents wre almost togather...I got a RFE for passport office PCC. I ad sent on Jan 12th....

Hi Kwel.

Few more questions. I would appreciate your response. I know every case is different and can take different time. But just want to see how long i have to wait.

How many days between notification of upgrade to you receive the request letter?
How did you upgrade the application? A call, fax or mail?
Also, when did you send your I-130 application?

Thanks in advance.

Hi moose

it took me a month to get request letter and i mailed backed all the required documents.i applied for i 130 when i was a permanent resident and upgraded when i became a citizen
hope this helps....

-kwel

Hey guys,
I am new in this forum. My wife applied for me I-130 in 2006 and now it is in NVC processing. My priority date will be Aprill-2010 in Bangladesh. I am very worry about the interview because I have no formal wedding picture with my wife because of love marriage. But We have lots of picuture before and after our marriage including holliday to UK.

Will there be any problem lacking of wedding picture? What can I do pls somebody give me suggessions.

Hey guys,
I am new in this forum. My wife applied for me I-130 in 2006 and now it is in NVC processing. My priority date will be Aprill-2010 in Bangladesh. I am very worry about the interview because I have no formal wedding picture with my wife because of love marriage. But We have lots of picuture before and after our marriage including holliday to UK.

Will there be any problem lacking of wedding picture? What can I do pls somebody give me suggessions.

You shouldn't have any issues but you need to keep your story intact. Most marriages are conventional in Bangladesh and the embassy might ask for wedding pictures. Take all the pictures of you and her, specially the ones in family/friend settings.

Hi Raj,

A quick question about the AOS fee and IV Bill. When you pay it online, can you print the bar code sheet at that time or do you have to wait for some days? I am just trying to prepare myself for the next time.

thanks for all your help..

Hey
raj..

Thanks...
I have couple of questions sorry for asking too many questions...NVC has assigned a case number.
now that we have case number we are trying to collect all the required documents for further process.
1 ) With DS 230 do we need to send all the original copies of certificates mentioned ? (do they send them back i mean the birth certificates and marriage certificates i have just one original each :) )
2) for DS 3032 is it ok if we just send the email (format u mentioned or do we need to post the original form also)?

Appreciate your help
Thanks in advance

-kwel

Once the status is changed to PAID then you would be able to print the Document Cover Sheet and the Document Cover Sheet will have bar code on them. Hope this helps. Once it is paid it take couple of days for the status to change to "PAID".

Hope this helps. Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Hi Raj,

A quick question about the AOS fee and IV Bill. When you pay it online, can you print the bar code sheet at that time or do you have to wait for some days? I am just trying to prepare myself for the next time.

thanks for all your help..

Kwel,

Yes you need to send Originals and a copy of the Original and all the Original are returned at the time of interview.

Yes you can just send the emai (from the template link)l and you can print the one you sent from your email and can snail mail that to the NVC (write the NVC case # on top of the printed ds-3032 email sent) and this way it will cover on both fronts.

Hey
raj..

Thanks...
I have couple of questions sorry for asking too many questions...NVC has assigned a case number.
now that we have case number we are trying to collect all the required documents for further process.
1 ) With DS 230 do we need to send all the original copies of certificates mentioned ? (do they send them back i mean the birth certificates and marriage certificates i have just one original each :) )
2) for DS 3032 is it ok if we just send the email (format u mentioned or do we need to post the original form also)?

Appreciate your help
Thanks in advance

-kwel

Kwel,

Yes you need to send Originals and a copy of the Original and all the Original are returned at the time of interview.

Yes you can just send the emai (from the template link)l and you can print the one you sent from your email and can snail mail that to the NVC (write the NVC case # on top of the printed ds-3032 email sent) and this way it will cover on both fronts.

Thanks for your response. We really appreciate your help.

Hi,
did anybody applied for brother/sister as a US Citizen? I applied for my sister and brother in Feb 2006 and yesterday i received I-130 approved notices. I am not sure what happens from here. At present the priority dates are only in Nov 1999 and my sister and brother priority dates are Feb 2006 and i am just wondering what this I-130 approval means? Will they send me the other forms now or when the numbers are available? Does anybody has any clue of how this works?