I-130 for Consular Processing

Once your case is assigned NVC Case Number and after registering your emails you will get emails and here is the document that i used....

Also check the Visajourney.com for more posts...specific to I-130 progress and NVC status.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186733&st=1725

NVC Center

Once your case is received by the NVC they will each be given a case number. Once that happens you will have to give your email address to the NVC as well as the email address for your parents.

Tips for NVC

Once you know that the I-130 have been sent to the NVC you can start calling them, I did this every day until I got the case number.

NVC phone number 603-334-0700

You need to speak to a officer so skip the automated service by pressing 1 then 5 after you get through.

Once you have the case number you need to give the operator the email addresses for you and your parents.

Next you need to email the NVC the DS-3230 choice of agent. Use this template for the email.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

DS-3032

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80023.pdf

Next you will get a email from the NVC telling you the petitioner that you need to pay the AOS fee bill it will give you the link to the NVC payment site where you will pay the fee using a credit card or debit card.

You only need to pay $70.00 once as both your parents cases are linked and they only charge once.

Once that is paid you will print out a barcode coversheet from the payment site for each parent you will need to attach one to each AOS packet that you have made for each parent

I-864 – AOS Packet

See the link below for full details of what you need to send with the I-864

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

You will receive another email telling you that the DS-3032 has been accepted and telling you that the DS-230 IV fee bill should now be paid. $400.00 each parent. You will go back to the NVC payment site to do this.

[/size]

2 sets of Affidavit of Support

Once the AOS is paid and you have printed the Barcode coversheet, you need to download the I-864 and complete attatch all the documents required and then mail it to NVC. The full instructions on what you need to do are on the NVC payment site on the right hand side of the page, just click the link.

It can take two weeks + before the DS-3032 is entered into the NVC system. Use the time to gather together all the paperwork for the DS-230 so that once the DS-3032 has been accepted you can pay the IV Bill and then mail the DS-230

DS-230

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DS-0230.pdf

Again once it shows as paid you will print out another barcode coversheet to include with the DS-230 for each parent. You will need to include Originals of the following documents for each parent.

BIRTH CERTIFICATES
ADOPTION PAPERS
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
MARRIAGE TERMINATION (DIVORCE)
COURT RECORDS
MILITARY RECORDS
POLICE CERTIFICATE
2 PHOTOGRAPHS
Beneficiaries Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FOR ALL MARRIAGES
PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE

You can use the time that the I-130 is being processed to gather all the above document together so that you have them ready to send as soon as you get to each step at NVC.

Once all the paperwork has been received at NVC they will review your parents cases this can take anything from a few days to a few weeks.

Once the review is complete then you will get a email telling you that the case is complete and has been forwarded to the embassy in your parents country.

You will also get a interview letter telling you the date of the interview and a link to the Embassy website with instructions on how to get the medical done and instructions for the interview.

What you need to do is, you send one complete set of original documents with the Barcode coversheet of one parent and then for the other parent you have to attach to their Barcode Copversheet a photocopy of the original document and write on it "Original Held In Case # LND2009****** " You must do that for every document that is not the original.

Also when you come to paying the AOS Fee Bill you only need to pay this once, when you go on-line to pay it you will see that it says "includes another case" and it will link to other parent's case so that you can print out the Barcode Coversheet for them both.

Once NVC get the DS230 they review all the paperwork and once this is done the case is then complete and you will get a interview date and the case paperwork will be forwarded to the embassy. You will then get a email with the interview instructions and instructions for the medical.

You can find a list of what to include here:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Thanks for you response. Did you had to wait or use any mail received from NVC during this process. Like to send I-864 and DS-230.I think I can print the online payment receipt to send these two documents, right???

Thanks

Thanks for you detailed response. I appreciate you taking the time for explaining me the whole process. Actually, I am applying for my wife and daughter, same thing. I am thinking to take some time-off from work and go to my family to spend sometime with them. The information your provided to me is really helpful. Thanks.

Good Luck with your process.

Thanks for you detailed response. I appreciate you taking the time for explaining me the whole process. Actually, I am applying for my wife and daughter, same thing. I am thinking to take some time-off from work and go to my family to spend sometime with them. The information your provided to me is really helpful. Thanks.

timeline for I-130 approved for spouse and waiting for DSL

Hello,

Please share your experience.

I was filed I-130 for spouse on jan.2008 on greencard based(f2A).My filed apporved on nov.2009 and sended to NVC.NVC issued BMB number on dec.2009.Now i am US citizen on Dec.2009.I mailed Upgrade letter,naturalization certificate to NVC and called NVC too regarding upgrade.

How much timeline for receiving Choice of agent,DSL,I-864,DS3032,visa etc?
please share your experience.

anybody know about Delhi direct filing I-130 for spouse and how many days i have to stay in india before file I-130 in delhi?

thanks in advance

Did NVC assign Case Numbers? Once the Case Numbers are assigned call them and register email addresses for both the Petitioner and Beneficiary and once the emails are registered you should expect emails within couple of days to a week. Check the post that i posted (probably 3 posts prior to this one) and you will see the detailed timeline of how the process works at NVC.

Also check www.visajourney.com site too....

Good Luck with your process. Thanks, Raj

Hello,

Please share your experience.

I was filed I-130 for spouse on jan.2008 on greencard based(f2A).My filed apporved on nov.2009 and sended to NVC.NVC issued BMB number on dec.2009.Now i am US citizen on Dec.2009.I mailed Upgrade letter,naturalization certificate to NVC and called NVC too regarding upgrade.

How much timeline for receiving Choice of agent,DSL,I-864,DS3032,visa etc?
please share your experience.

anybody know about Delhi direct filing I-130 for spouse and how many days i have to stay in india before file I-130 in delhi?

thanks in advance

My case. IR-5 category. GC for parents.

Here is my case.

Ask me any question for the past steps.

------

I-130 for Parents of US Citizen for CP (Mumbai, India).

1. I-130 mailed on 31-Aug-2009 to Chicago.
2. I-130 received date/Priority date: 02-Sep-2009
3. I-130 $355 Checks cashed On: 09-Sep-2009
4. I-130 Approved on: 01-Oct-2009 (Got email on 02-Oct-2009)

5. NVC case# assigned and Choice of Agent form sent: 16-Oct-2009
6. Asked for $70 AOS fee on: 16 Oct 2009
7. Fee $70 paid on 20-OCT-2009 (electronic payment) Only once. which covers both parents.
8. Parents Assigned me as Agent on: 21-Oct-2009

9. Affidavit of support I-864 mailed on: 27-Oct-2009
10. Asked for $400 for IV fee on : 04-NOV-2009
11. Paid $400 for IV fee on : 05-NOV-2009 (electronic payment) for each parent.
12. CHECK LIST COVER letter email received on: 17-NOV-09

13. DS230 Part I and II and Original Civil documents mailed on: 20-NOV-2009
14. Case reached to NVC's system on: 01-DEC-2009 (I called and confirmed)
15. Email received FROM NVC about 'Interview scheduled' on: 11-DEc-2009

16. Medical in A'bad on: 22-DEC-2009
17. Interview in Mumbai on: 22-JAN-2010

18. Visa Received ON:
19. Travel to the US ON:
20. Green Card Received ON:

Good Luck..

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck with your parents interview. Your parents and my parents cases are almost similar in terms of timelines.....

Thanks, Raj

Here is my case.

Ask me any question for the past steps.

------

I-130 for Parents of US Citizen for CP (Mumbai, India).

1. I-130 mailed on 31-Aug-2009 to Chicago.
2. I-130 received date/Priority date: 02-Sep-2009
3. I-130 $355 Checks cashed On: 09-Sep-2009
4. I-130 Approved on: 01-Oct-2009 (Got email on 02-Oct-2009)

5. NVC case# assigned and Choice of Agent form sent: 16-Oct-2009
6. Asked for $70 AOS fee on: 16 Oct 2009
7. Fee $70 paid on 20-OCT-2009 (electronic payment) Only once. which covers both parents.
8. Parents Assigned me as Agent on: 21-Oct-2009

9. Affidavit of support I-864 mailed on: 27-Oct-2009
10. Asked for $400 for IV fee on : 04-NOV-2009
11. Paid $400 for IV fee on : 05-NOV-2009 (electronic payment) for each parent.
12. CHECK LIST COVER letter email received on: 17-NOV-09

13. DS230 Part I and II and Original Civil documents mailed on: 20-NOV-2009
14. Case reached to NVC's system on: 01-DEC-2009 (I called and confirmed)
15. Email received FROM NVC about 'Interview scheduled' on: 11-DEc-2009

16. Medical in A'bad on: 22-DEC-2009
17. Interview in Mumbai on: 22-JAN-2010

18. Visa Received ON:
19. Travel to the US ON:
20. Green Card Received ON:

Good Luck..

Raj, Do my parents need to pay IV fee again in Mumbai?

Raj,

Do my parents need to pay IV fee again in Mumbai?

I have already paid $400 for each of them in USA/NVC.

Again, they have to pay $380 (each) in Mumbai Embassy?

Thanks,

Hi
I was looking at Nebraska processing time and it is mentioned I130 for Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21 as 5 months only. Everyone says It takes 4-5 yrs for permanent residents to bring in spouse to US. Am i missing something? What other steps are involved after I130 completion. Also would the application for I-130 be filed in US or outside US?

Any help would be appreciated

dars_indi

Raj, so my parents will pay only VFS fee and medical expenses.

Raj,

Thanks for the answer.
One more now,

So, my parents will pay only VFS fee and medical expenses. Thats it?

Thanks again..

i130 Upgrade

I130 upgrade application reached NVC on 10 Dec 2009 to upgrade it from spouse of LPR to Spouse of USC catagory. Till the time it is not upgraded.

is NVC Usually takes this much of time ?

I 130 is already approved and the got the NVC Case number in July 2009.

Thanx/ajays

I130 upgrade application reached NVC on 10 Dec 2009 to upgrade it from spouse of LPR to Spouse of USC catagory. Till the time it is not upgraded.

is NVC Usually takes this much of time ?

I 130 is already approved and the got the NVC Case number in July 2009.

Thanx/ajays

I sent NVC an email on Dec 11 requesting an upgrade for my wife's case. I attached a copy of my natz certificate to the email. I received a reply on Dec 22 stating that my email is being reviewed and that I will be notified when any appropriate action has been completed. No word yet as of Dec 25.

DS230 Q 17. Spouse's Occupation

Q 17. Spouse's Occupation ?

what to write here if occupation is, working in a subway and taking care of a old indian lady ?
any general term.

Processing time for permanent residents to bring in spouse or minor children?

Hi
I was looking at Nebraska processing time and it is mentioned I130 for Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21 as 5 months only. Everyone says It takes 4-5 yrs for permanent residents to bring in spouse to US. Am i missing something? What other steps are involved after I130 completion. Also would the application for I-130 be filed in US or outside US?

Any help would be appreciated

dars_indi

Interview experience

Hello guys! my hubby's interview was last 12-14-09 for the CR1 9(spouse of us citizen) and im so happy to inform you that he passed!!! im sharing his interview experience hopefully this will be helpful...

backgrounder - I became a citizen last July 24, 2009 and sent the I130 paperwork last July 27 and they received it July 29. I took us around 4months and 2 weeks to have the interview last Dec. 14 and he received his visa Dec. 17. He had to get the seminar requirements from Phil. before he can get here but he got it done Dec. 18.

This is the interview experience in US EMBASSY MANILA:
here's what happened according to him:

interview is at 630am, and he arrived at 5 but he had to wait for the parking lot to open at 515. he was waiting in line at around 530 and there were a lot of people already there. The guard announced that people fall in line according to their appointment times. He was inside the building at 6am. Once he was inside, he got a # and he waited for a few minutes, afterwards his name was called for fingerprinting. after that, he was waiting again, after 10 mins, his number was called and there he met the pinay prescreener who was not cheerful at all. she barely looked at my hubby and the whole time her eyes were glued to the paperwork.
PRESCREENER'S QUESTIONS:
- what's the petitioner's name?
- how are we related? - she is my wife
- how did you meet your wife? - she was my highschool classmate
- how did the relationship start?
- when did your wife go to the U.S. - hubby said 2004 to migrate then prescreener said " no, the first time she ever went to U.S." - hubby answered 2000 (wrong! that's actually 2nd time, first was 1996 when i was 14 hehe- it didnt matter that he was wrong though, she let it slide!)
SHE then asked for pics and letters and was told to sit and wait for his number to called.
NUMBER FLASHED and he needs to go to Room 27 -consul time!
The consul was a very friendly american who was smiling and very good mood when she saw my hubby!
CONSUL EXPERIENCE:
consul made my husband swear to tell the truth then questions time:
- what's the petitioner's name?
- what's your relationship with the petitioner? - she's my wife
- have you travelled to other countries before - yes, when we went on our honeymoon!
- have you or wife been previously married to others before - he said NO! (hubby wanted to show cenomar or marriage cert but she didnt want it!)
- when did you get married - july 2007
- do you have kids? - not yet but she is now 4 months pregnant
- when did you last see each other? - last august until september
SHE then returned our pics and my hubby i still have some more here and then consul said the words that made us truly happy - " NO NEED, YOUR VISA IS ALREADY APPROVED. CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK WHEN YOU GO TO THE STATES!
she then told hubby to wait for his number to be caled for visa delivery instructions! Hubby was so happy that he said thank you like 5 times and the consul was happy also! He then went to pay the Air 21 fees.
He was inside the embassy at 6AM and left at around 8:15! What a wonderful day!
Sorry its a long story!!! hope everybody will get the PINK too!!!

Immigrant Visa

My spouse had immigrant visa interview in India and after the interview the officer handed a white form under section 221g for additional documents. Additional documents were submitted to the consulate 5 days ago along with the passport. So far we have not heard anything from the consulate. Our passport is not returned. Question is how long does it take for them to review the additional documents. What is timeline for them review? Do they review the entire file all over again or they just review the additional documents. How long before we can get back the passport along with the visa.

I sent NVC an email on Dec 11 requesting an upgrade for my wife's case. I attached a copy of my natz certificate to the email. I received a reply on Dec 22 stating that my email is being reviewed and that I will be notified when any appropriate action has been completed. No word yet as of Dec 25.

hi blkhawk,

have u got any reply from NVC regarding the upgradation of ur case ?
i have not heard any thing so far in my case..NVC automatic voice response system is still giving the old information. :)