I-130 for Consular Processing

I submitted originals to NVC and these were returned by the Consulate at the end of the interview. Originals are usually not part of the A-file and so there should be nothing to worry about. However, I am surprised that dinx' father didn't get the originals back after a successful interview.

user4567

I thought about that user4567, but my mom's interview is on March 10th, do you think they will give her all the originals after she is done?

The consulate should return the originals at the end of the interview. I suggest coaching your mom to ask about the originals at the end of the interview, while she is still at the interview counter, if the IO doesn't offer them voluntarily.

All the best.

user4567

Thanks User for the info.

looking at Dinx's case , I know they will return his originals. Its just matter of time.
I also read somewhere, I think on some Consular website, that at the interview we were to provide a set of photocopies of the originals and they will return the originals back to us. I don't know if that is true. I also think that we need to submit originals plus Photocopies to NVC with DS-230.

So Dinx had two sets of originlas to begin with? How come his originals are not returned and now his mom is going to interview with another set of originals?

:confused:

I appreciate alll and everyone that post here to help us all.

>> How come his originals are not returned and now his mom is going to interview with another set of originals?

Good question! I was wondering about it as well.

>> that at the interview we were to provide a set of photocopies of the originals and they will retrun the originals back to us.

>> I also think that we need to submit originals plus Photocopies to NVC with DS-230

yes, we need to.

I did submit photocopies as well as originals with DS-230. During first stage of the interview at the consulate, the IO compared the originals with photocopies, stamped the photocopies with "Compared with Original" or some such, methodically organized the originals and copies separately and used a sturdy paper clip to hold the originals. After fingerprinting (2nd stage) and main interview (3rd stage), all within 20 minutes of each other, the final IO returned the originals to me with a "congratulations! Welcome to the U.S. Enjoy your stay"

At the port of entry, when the immigration officer opened the envelope, I noticed that it contained the photocopies of the originals and they become part of one's A-file, I think.

user4567

Timeline:
22 June 2008: I-130 petition
04 Sept 2008: I-130 Approval from CSC
09 Sept 2008: NVC Entered Date
21 Sept 2008: AOS Fee paid online
01 Oct 2008: DS-3032 submitted via email
08 Oct 2008: IV Fee Paid online
11 Oct 2008: I-864 submitted using cover sheet from NVC site
23 Oct 2008: NVC sent notice of receipt of I-864
29 Oct 2008: DS-230 and docs submitted
10 Nov 2008: RFE
26 Dec 2008: submitted docs
06 Jan 2009: Case Completed
13 Feb 2009: Interviewed and Approved!
17 Feb 2009: collected passport and sealed envelope
21 Feb 2009: Port of Entry: San Francisco - Passport stamped. Awaiting GC.
04 Mar 2009: Welcome letter received
06 Mar 2009: SS Card received
10 Mar 2009: GC received

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
I just checked the phone status, it says documents received but need some more documents.. What could possibly be missing with 864??? I have sent the following docs

1) Doc cover sheet
2) Tax returns
3) W2s, 1099s, Employment letter, pay stubs
4) 864.

Please let me know if any one has received RFE for 864..?

Thanks for the repllies.
-------------------------------------------------------------
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont
Dec 21: [Mon 7] RFE reply received. My Birth certificate
Feb 2 2009: [Mon 8] I-130 Approved..Finally
Feb 4 2009: NVC Case # Assigned
Feb 7 2009: DS3032 and AOS Bill sent to me and Applicant.
Feb 12 2009: AOS Bill paid online.
Feb 19 2009: AOS package mailed, DS3032 mailed, emailed.
Feb 24 2009: Message changed to Financial Docs received, waiting for DS3032
Feb 26 2009: IV fee bill generated
Feb 26 2009: IV fee bill paid online
-------------------------------------------------------------

After reading your post i also called and checked. The phone system said the same thing for my case as well. I don't know what I might be missing as well. By the way which form did u fill? 864 or 864EZ?

After reading your post i also called and checked. The phone system said the same thing for my case as well. I don't know what I might be missing as well. By the way which form did u fill? 864 or 864EZ?

Hi foochow,
I feel better after your post. I filled 864. Hopefully it is nothing major.. Goodluck. Actually I read the NVC letters I received for 864 fee bill carefully again, it clearly mentioned Dont send the 864 with doc cover sheet or else it will cause processing delay. It was my bad that I sent all the docs along with doc cover sheet. But what the heck, I am crossing my fingers now.

My mother arrived yesterday through JFK. We flew back to Raleigh together last night. No one can imagine how happy we feel right now.

Note that if you will be picking up your parent who is arriving for the 1st time for immigration, wait time can be as long as 5 hours after the plane arrives for processing. For the record, I booked a flight to Raleigh for 05:50 PM since her flight was arriving at 02:45 pm. However, eventhough her flight arrived at 02;59, she did not get out until 06:00 pm. We missed our flight but finally got home at 11:50 pm.

Thanks to all. I cannot believe she is here.

My mother arrived yesterday through JFK. We flew back to Raleigh together last night. No one can imagine how happy we feel right now.

Note that if you will be picking up your parent who is arriving for the 1st time for immigration, wait time can be as long as 5 hours after the plane arrives for processing. For the record, I booked a flight to Raleigh for 05:50 PM since her flight was arriving at 02:45 pm. However, eventhough her flight arrived at 02;59, she did not get out until 06:00 pm. We missed our flight but finally got home at 11:50 pm.

Congratulations to you on your mother arrival in US. Enjoy.

Hi Fbanna,

Quick question. I got " Choice of agent" from from NVC for my parents case. Can I send a scanned form to NVC with my parent signatures (Through mail) or they need form with original signature. Please advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations fbanna79, to you and your mom!!!!The best wishes for both of you! and thanks a lot for all your advice!!!

Yeah that's my same question!!! I haven't received the form yet, but I sent the form from the internet to get it signed and then I was going to mail it. I'm also going to send an email!!!!I just don't know if I have to wait until I get the form!! I called NVC and they gave me the NVC case, and said to wait up to 6 days for mailing of docs, but I was wondering if I could just email them now that I know the case number???

i want ti know like others the process of my case

my husband filed an I-130 for me cz am his wife and I want to know how long it takes for the I-130 to be approved.

Please, helpme i want to join my husband sooner . The case has been processed at Vermont Service Center

uscis has recieved our case on 20 jun 2008
our case was sent to california center on 17 of december 2008
and in 23 of december they send us a mail in which they they said that our cas is pending now in californie center[
please help me when our case will be finished ? i hope i can have an answer in this important forum i am so happy to join it

Please if anyone knows how soon I can send the email DS3032, I already got my case number and said to give up to 6 days to mail docs to beneficiary!!!!What should I do to save some time?

congrats fbanna!

i feel the same way too with my dad when he came, can't believe he's here already. good thing is that we didnt wait that long for him just 2 hours LOL. i knew it was going to be a long wait so we didnt leave the house until the airplane arrived.

i will tell my mom to ask for the originals on her interview.

yes, i did have 2 sets of originals for my mom and dad. i talked to another person on the board and she said that it was easy to get the originals back. So no need to worry if you send the original, you can get it back.

to everyone, goodluck.

Please if anyone knows how soon I can send the email DS3032, I already got my case number and said to give up to 6 days to mail docs to beneficiary!!!!What should I do to save some time?

Wait for mail from NVC for DS 3032 since the form they will send you will have a barcoded number on it. Once you get that,Scan and e.mail it to your parents, let them send you back with their signature thorugh e.mail. Send that to NVC. I think this should work. Thats what exactly did today.

Beneficiary's birth certificate (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's marriage certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's divorce certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's birth certificate (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's marriage certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's divorce certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's police certificate or/and court records (Original)
Copy of beneficiary's passport

If any of these items (except copy of the passport) is in a foreign language, provide certified translation.

I think that is it.
Fbanna,

Please clarify " Certified copy". Certified by who? somebody here in US or certified by the issuing authority in your home country? Thanks for the help

Fbanna,

Please clarify " Certified copy". Certified by who? somebody here in US or certified by the issuing authority in your home country? Thanks for the help

Certified copy is an extract copy certified by the issuing authority of that country. Unless the issuing authority is not able to locate or issuing you copy, you can have your relative sign an affividit statement saying the signed information is true and correct.

This link is all you need to know about what documents you need to obtain and how to get them.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Hi foochow,
I feel better after your post. I filled 864. Hopefully it is nothing major.. Goodluck. Actually I read the NVC letters I received for 864 fee bill carefully again, it clearly mentioned Dont send the 864 with doc cover sheet or else it will cause processing delay. It was my bad that I sent all the docs along with doc cover sheet. But what the heck, I am crossing my fingers now.

Hi dipalmodi
I called NVC right now about the missing documents. They said it nothing missing with the 864 form. They are just waiting for the Ds230 form with all other documents. That's all. I mailed mine yesterday.
Keep in touch.

Hi dipalmodi
I called NVC right now about the missing documents. They said it nothing missing with the 864 form. They are just waiting for the Ds230 form with all other documents. That's all. I mailed mine yesterday.
Keep in touch.

Hi Foochow,
Wow..thats very comforting. I will call up and check if that is the same case with me. Can you please post what all documents you sent with DS230? Thank you for your post.

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to petition my wife and my mom (via Consular Processing, they are both in the Phils.)after my citizenship process. As I have read here in the forum, petition is somehow more complicated than applying for a US Citizenship..
My question is, all in all, how much did you pay for all documents that you have submitted when you petition your spouse or mom?

I am consulting a lawyer and he is asking me to pay a US$ 2,000 for my wife and another US$2,000 for my mom.. I was thinking to get a lawyer if the costs that I will incur for the complete process will range from US$ 1,000 or more, if not, I will just do it on my own..

The only visible fees here is the I-130 amounting to US$ 355.00
what about the other docs like the visa fee etc?

Your soonest response is very much appreciated..

Follow up questions:

My interview for my naturalization will be on April 23, 2009
Recently, I read some forums about the UPGRADING I-130 from an LPR filer to a USC filer.
Since my interview is very near, do you think it will still be advisable to submit my petition now to my wife, or i'll just for my citizenship to be approved?
I want to be with her as soon as possible, but I dont want to complicate things that will result delays on my application..
is upgrading a complicated matter?

Please advise...

Thank you so much guys!

hi every body
please f banna i have already sent a post but i have recieved no advice from any one in this forum i hope u ganna answer me this time
i said that my husband had sent I 130 for me in 18 of jun 2008 and they recieve it in 20 of jun 2008 and later on in 17 of december 2008 they send an email and mail my husband saiying that they send our case to california center and is pending now so whaen do u think they will send the aproval letter ? and what are the other instructions to follow later please advise me am fed up here i wanna join my darling
please can u or any one in this forum help me ?