I-130 for Consular Processing

thanks for the answer fbanna. you have great insights, i will be lost without you. we just got back from SS office, and they said that we have to wait for 3-4 weeks, they might have issued him a # already. so if we dont receive the # we will go back. as far as insurance, i dont know what to do, since they are expensive. I will try to look for a cheaper one.

Did you have to fill out the application form ? They say if you already checked on the I-130 to have one issued, they will automatically issue one. But I am not sure if this works.

Consular Processing for spouse of USC

I just sent the DS230 on Monday to NVC, how long will it take for a visa appointment in the Dominican Republic. I am a US citizen. It has been one year now that I've been waiting. I hope the visa appointment will be soon :(

I just sent the DS230 on Monday to NVC, how long will it take for a visa appointment in the Dominican Republic. I am a US citizen. It has been one year now that I've been waiting. I hope the visa appointment will be soon :(

NVC schedules visa interviews during the second week of ach month for the following month. If your DS230 does not have an error and no other documents are needed by NVC and if spot is available, the interview date will be known by March 15, 2009 an will be in April. Otherwise, it will be May or June. It depends on how many people are in queue for interview in the Dominican Republic Consulate.

I am so excited :D I finally received the approval of my app. and can keep moving forward in the process:eek:. So, this notice says that NVC will contact the person for whom you are petitioning (beneficiary) concerning further immigrant visa processing steps. Are they going to send me that paperwork to me too? or only my mom?
Well I guess the next step shall be DS3032 to determine the agent right? and I think I can email that one right? when?

IV fee bill

Hi guys,
I just checked online that the IV fee bill is already generated asking for 400 bucks. When I checked the status using phone, it says Financial docs are received and they are waiting for DS3032 from beneficiary. The 3032 is in on its way to NVC although I have already sent the email from my father's account. Hopefully 3032 will be delievered today.
So should I go ahead and pay the IV fee bill or should I wait for further instrctions in mail..

Thanks for the repllies.
-------------------------------------------------------------
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont
Dec 21: [Mon 7] RFE reply received. My Birth certificate
Feb 2 2009: [Mon 8] I-130 Approved..Finally
Feb 4 2009: NVC Case # Assigned
Feb 7 2009: DS3032 and AOS Bill sent to me and Applicant.
Feb 12 2009: AOS Bill paid online.
Feb 19 2009: AOS package mailed, DS3032 mailed, emailed.
Feb 24 2009: Message changed to Financial Docs received, waiting for DS3032
Feb 26 2009: IV fee bill generated
Feb 26 2009: IV fee bill paid online

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have to fill out the application form ? They say if you already checked on the I-130 to have one issued, they will automatically issue one. But I am not sure if this works.

i am not sure where that will be in the form. i asked my dad and he wasn't sure also. guess we just have to wait 4 weeks from now and see what happens. but will let you guys know about it.

i did send all the originals for my parents, except the Income Tax part. Now I need to get them back.... what form do i need to fill out to get originals backs?

was hoping they will give the originals back to my parents after the interview - but no ...

thanks again for all the help

Call NVC and ask how you can get these documents back. I am scare it was in the enveloppe given to your father when he was coming here. If that is the case, it will be part of his A-file (Immigration file with USCIS).

Call NVC and ask how you can get these documents back. I am scared it was in the envelope given to your father when he was coming here. If that is the case, it will be part of his A-file (Immigration file with USCIS).

I submitted originals to NVC and these were returned by the Consulate at the end of the interview. Originals are usually not part of the A-file and so there should be nothing to worry about. However, I am surprised that dinx' father didn't get the originals back after a successful interview.

user4567

Timeline:
22 June 2008: I-130 petition
04 Sept 2008: I-130 Approval from CSC
09 Sept 2008: NVC Entered Date
21 Sept 2008: AOS Fee paid online
01 Oct 2008: DS-3032 submitted via email
08 Oct 2008: IV Fee Paid online
11 Oct 2008: I-864 submitted using cover sheet from NVC site
23 Oct 2008: NVC sent notice of receipt of I-864
29 Oct 2008: DS-230 and docs submitted
10 Nov 2008: RFE
26 Dec 2008: submitted docs
06 Jan 2009: Case Completed
13 Feb 2009: Interviewed and Approved!
17 Feb 2009: collected passport and sealed envelope
21 Feb 2009: Port of Entry: San Francisco - Passport stamped. Awaiting GC
04 Mar 2009: Welcome letter received
06 Mar 2009: SS Card received
10 Mar 2009: GC received

My wife's I-130 was finally approved on the 20th but hadn't had any touches online since 01.23.09, I finally received the NOA2 today in the mail...wooohooo....bring it NVC!!!!

I just got my approval too. So what's next? Call NVC to find out case number? Is emailing the DS-3230 better than mailing it?
How long does it take to get a number?

What's the best way to send the DS3032? I downloaded a copy of the DS3032 and I emailed to my mom and she filled it out, signed it, scanned it and mailed back to me. Can I send that copy?

NVC schedules visa interviews during the second week of ach month for the following month. If your DS230 does not have an error and no other documents are needed by NVC and if spot is available, the interview date will be known by March 15, 2009 an will be in April. Otherwise, it will be May or June. It depends on how many people are in queue for interview in the Dominican Republic Consulate.

Thanx for the info. I hope it's like that. I know that the Dominican consulate always has problems with delays. I just hope that it will be soon at least before the summer. It's been a year now since I petitioned my husband. It took 7 months for the I-130 petition to be approved. I don't understand why does it take so long for beneficiaries in the Dominican Republic..

My parents I-130 approved

My parents I-130 was approved today. I recieved an email from CRIS system.

The petition was pending at CSC. Looks like they are really moving :)

Timeline:
I-130 Recieved by USCIS Chicago: 12/08/08
Notice Date: 12/15/08
I-130 Approved: 02/26/09

Now the next steps.

Question about I-130 for my parents

I am a US citizen and want to sponsor my parents to come to USA on immigration visa. I know that I have to file I-130 form but not sure if I have to file seperate I-130 for my father and mother and pay $355 for each one of them or just one form and one payment is required as they are my parents and they are a married couple?

I will appreciate a response on this.

thanks.

I am a US citizen and want to sponsor my parents to come to USA on immigration visa. I know that I have to file I-130 form but not sure if I have to file seperate I-130 for my father and mother and pay $355 for each one of them or just one form and one payment is required as they are my parents and they are a married couple?

I will appreciate a response on this.

thanks.

You'll have to file two I-130.

RFE for 864?

Hi Guys,
I just checked the phone status, it says documents received but need some more documents.. What could possibly be missing with 864??? I have sent the following docs

1) Doc cover sheet
2) Tax returns
3) W2s, 1099s, Employment letter, pay stubs
4) 864.

Please let me know if any one has received RFE for 864..?

Thanks for the repllies.
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont
Dec 21: [Mon 7] RFE reply received. My Birth certificate
Feb 2 2009: [Mon 8] I-130 Approved..Finally
Feb 4 2009: NVC Case # Assigned
Feb 7 2009: DS3032 and AOS Bill sent to me and Applicant.
Feb 12 2009: AOS Bill paid online.
Feb 19 2009: AOS package mailed, DS3032 mailed, emailed.
Feb 24 2009: Message changed to Financial Docs received, waiting for DS3032
Feb 26 2009: IV fee bill generated
Feb 26 2009: IV fee bill paid online
Jul 06 2009: DS230 received by NVC
Jul 15 2009: case completed by NVC
???????????: Interview date received by e-mail from NVC
???????????: Medical Exam done
???????????: Interview date

I submitted originals to NVC and these were returned by the Consulate at the end of the interview. Originals are usually not part of the A-file and so there should be nothing to worry about. However, I am surprised that dinx' father didn't get the originals back after a successful interview.

user4567

i thought about that user4567, but my mom's interview is on March 10th, do you think they will give her all the originals after she is done?

Call NVC and ask how you can get these documents back. I am scare it was in the enveloppe given to your father when he was coming here. If that is the case, it will be part of his A-file (Immigration file with USCIS).

i searched the immigration website and found the form i need to fill out to get my originals back. It is G884, the only thing confusing is:

If a final decision has been issued, submit the Form G-884 to the USCIS office or service center that took the last action on your case.

I guess the CA one?

thanks again for all the help.

user4567

Timeline:
22 June 2008: I-130 petition
04 Sept 2008: I-130 Approval from CSC
09 Sept 2008: NVC Entered Date
21 Sept 2008: AOS Fee paid online
01 Oct 2008: DS-3032 submitted via email
08 Oct 2008: IV Fee Paid online
11 Oct 2008: I-864 submitted using cover sheet from NVC site
23 Oct 2008: NVC sent notice of receipt of I-864
29 Oct 2008: DS-230 and docs submitted
10 Nov 2008: RFE
26 Dec 2008: submitted docs
06 Jan 2009: Case Completed
13 Feb 2009: Interviewed and Approved!
17 Feb 2009: collected passport and sealed envelope
21 Feb 2009: Port of Entry: San Francisco - Passport stamped. Awaiting GC.

Thanks User for the info.

looking at Dinx's case , I know they will return his originals. Its just matter of time.
I also read somewhere, I think on some Consular website, that at the interview we were to provide a set of photocopies of the originals and they will retrun the originals back to us. I dont know if that is true. I also think that we need to submit originals plus Photocopies to NVC with DS-230.

So Dinx had two sets of originlas to begin with? How come his originals are not returned and now his mom is going to interview with another set of originals?

:confused:

I appreciate alll and everyone that post here to help us all.

My wife's I-130 was finally approved on the 20th but hadn't had any touches online since 01.23.09, I finally received the NOA2 today in the mail...wooohooo....bring it NVC!!!!

Congratulations Dekagunda. happy for you.

I was transferred along with others to CSC and last touch was on 1/23. I have yet to hear from them either way. I think everyone that got transferred Jan 13-15 got approved but me. :D

I am hoping something in my mail today. let's see.