I-130 for Consular Processing

fbanna79 or any expert,

Could any please tell me what are the documents(originals & copy) I should send to my mother when she will face interview?

I mean, do I need to send my Citizenship Certificate, my oroginal birth certificate etc??

Please please help me.

Thanks in advance

I'm confused with something in my case.
I received the DS3032 and the $70 bill to pay...
my sons send their choice of agent by e-mail and was accepted
i paid the $70 by money order, everything done on 02/04 and i have not received anything in the mail yet...
Do i need to do anything else? or should i just wait for them to request?
All of my sons documents and my documents are ready...just waiting for the next instruction and that $400 bill for each one of them to come by mail.

Did you also send the form I-864 along with the required documents? I also just paid 70 online and am going to send the 864 and my tax paper probably today. I also havent received 864 by mail, I downloaded it..

Besides, can you tell me what was the email address your sons used to send out the DS3032? I guess my father can do the same..

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to mail any additional forms. Your father must have received a sealed enveloppe containing his documents with his CR-5 immigration visa. When he gets at the POE, the officer will open the enveloppe, take his fingerprints and stamp his passport (The Alien number will be provided right away).

Within couple weeks, you will receive his green card at the address listed on the I-130.

The social security card will be sent to the same address if you opted on your I-130 that the information can be shared with SSA to get him a social security card. Otherwise, if you declined that option, you will need to apply in person at the local SSA office.

The I-485 is for adjustment of status for people whose parent are in the US in temporary stay when the I-130 is filed. Since you filed I-130 for consular processing, you don't need this form.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply FBANNA. One more question, if my dad wants to work here, do I just need to file the Application for employment form or he can find a job after getting his SS#?

Did you also send the form I-864 along with the required documents? I also just paid 70 online and am going to send the 864 and my tax paper probably today. I also havent received 864 by mail, I downloaded it..

Besides, can you tell me what was the email address your sons used to send out the DS3032? I guess my father can do the same..

They e-mail it to nvcinquiry@state.gov

Here is the template from our e-mail...was very quick

NVC Case No: <NVC Case Number>
CIS Case No: <USCIS Case Number> or <NOA Receipt Number>
Petitioner's Name: <Petitioner's Name LAST FIRST MI>
Petitioner's Date of Birth: <MONTH DD, YYYY> i.e. January 01, 1951
Beneficiary's Name: <Beneficiary's Name LAST FIRST MI>
Beneficiary's Date of Birth: <MONTH DD, YYYY> i.e. January 01, 1951

Re: Declaration of the Choice of Address and Agent for Immigration Visa applicant

To whom it may concern:

My name is <beneficiaries name>, my visa case number is # <NVC Case Number>.

Per the DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants), I would like to appoint my <Husband/Wife> as my agent of choice to receive all future correspondence from the U.S. Department of State. <His/Her> contact information is provided below:

Name: <Petitioner's Name LAST FIRST MI>
Address:

<Petitioner's Address Line 1>

<Address Line 2> (optional)

<Address Line 3> (optional)

<City>, <State/Province>, <Postal Code>

<Country>

Phone: <Petitioner's Phone Number>

Email: <Petitioner's E-mail Address>
All mail from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigrant visa should be sent to the address above.

Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely yours,

<Beneficiary's Name LAST FIRST MI>

Telephone: <Beneficiary's Telephone>

Email: <Beneficiary's Email>

They e-mail it to nvcinquiry@state.gov

Here is the template from our e-mail...was very quick

NVC Case No: <NVC Case Number>
CIS Case No: <USCIS Case Number> or <NOA Receipt Number>
Petitioner's Name: <Petitioner's Name LAST FIRST MI>
Petitioner's Date of Birth: <MONTH DD, YYYY> i.e. January 01, 1951
Beneficiary's Name: <Beneficiary's Name LAST FIRST MI>
Beneficiary's Date of Birth: <MONTH DD, YYYY> i.e. January 01, 1951

hey thanks much, my father sent the email.

You said u are waiting for 864.. Correct me if I am wrong but u dont have to wait for the form, you can download the form online..fill it out and send it

Here is what I sent.
1) Doc cover sheet
2) 864
3) My recent tax returns with W2s and all
4) employement letter and pay stubs.

Thanks for the reply FBANNA. One more question, if my dad wants to work here, do I just need to file the Application for employment form or he can find a job after getting his SS#?

Your dad will be authorized to work right at the port of entry (The stamp in his passport will say "Work authorized". He will receive his green card and his social security card and therefore will be able to accept any job. You don't need to submit any request for employment authorization.

fbanna79 or any expert,

Could any please tell me what are the documents(originals & copy) I should send to my mother when she will face interview?

I mean, do I need to send my Citizenship Certificate, my oroginal birth certificate etc??

Please please help me.

Thanks in advance

The interview notice will list the documents needed. My mother was asked to provide the original of my birth certificate along with all her own originals (birth, mariage, police certificate if applicable). You don't need to send her your certificate of citizenship as USCIS and NVC have approved your petition based on your citizenship status.

Hi Fbanna can you please tell me how did you track NVC progress for your case online? I mean what is the website?

hey thanks much, my father sent the email.

You said u are waiting for 864.. Correct me if I am wrong but u dont have to wait for the form, you can download the form online..fill it out and send it

Here is what I sent.
1) Doc cover sheet
2) 864
3) My recent tax returns with W2s and all
4) employement letter and pay stubs.

I just received the instructions with the $70 fee payment receipt today in the mail...also, in a separated envelope i received the IV bill...awesome, i'm going to gather everything and send it on Monday...
But the weird is, i only have one IV bill to pay in the name of my older son...i will be looking for the IV bill from my younger son in the mail tomorrow.

Hi Fbanna can you please tell me how did you track NVC progress for your case online? I mean what is the website?

There's no website to track the progress but there's an automated phone system where you can dial the NVC# 603-334-0700 and track the progress. You'll need to have your USCIS case # or the NVC case #.

fbanna79 or anyone, another question for you guys. Can you please let me know what documents will I need to send along with DS-230?

to everybody here in the board. thanks for all the help and insights.

My dad is finally here in the US and my mom will follow in a month or two.

Thanks, fbanna79, i looked at my dad's paper and he does have a working visa already.

Once again thanks for all the help .....

fbanna79 or anyone, another question for you guys. Can you please let me know what documents will I need to send along with DS-230?

Beneficiary's birth certificate (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's marriage certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's divorce certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's birth certificate (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's marriage certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's divorce certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's police certificate or/and court records (Original)
Copy of beneficiary's passport

If any of these items (except copy of the passport) is in a foreign language, provide certified translation.

I think that is it.

Beneficiary's birth certificate (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's marriage certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's divorce certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's birth certificate (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's marriage certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Petitionner's divorce certificate (s) if applicable (Original or certified copy)
Beneficiary's police certificate or/and court records (Original)
Copy of beneficiary's passport

If any of these items (except copy of the passport) is in a foreign language, provide certified translation.

I think that is it.

Fbanna, You have been an amazing grace to many. I appreciate you sharing informations that are not just helpful rather valuable to all of us.

I do have one question.
Above you mentioned we can send Original or Certified Copies of the same with DS- 230. However, when you send the originals to NVC, how and when do you get them back? Does the NVC send all the originals along with other paperwork to the Embassy so that the beneficiary will only have to bring photocopies of the same at the time of the interview?

If we submit the originals,how does a beneficiary can get hold of the originals required at the interview. I am sure, most of us have Only one Originals and many countries do nto have a system of certified copies like in US

Again Thank you for all you do here on the board

I sent only certified copies, except for the police certificate. I did not want to take the risk of loosing my originals. I included a cover letter to NVC indicating that all originals will be presented at interview by the beneficiary (What I did).

Original or certified copies

Thank you Fbanna, You are sharing your experience. I appreciate that.

Is there anyone outthere, and i am sure there are many, that sent the originals. Can any one of you share the info so that everyone an benefit from your experience as well ?

I know many Januwary 13-15 transfers to CSC are in NVC now at the IV bill level. I am sure there are many like me who are curious to know what happens to the originals if we send them to NVC, besides risking the loss.

I cannot produce certified copies. I must send the originals.

one more question:

my dad is here already but he said that he needs another vaccine shot of the Td, and they didn't give him an info on where to go. Where should we go now?

thanks

one more question:

my dad is here already but he said that he needs another vaccine shot of the Td, and they didn't give him an info on where to go. Where should we go now?

thanks

I guess you will have to get him a Doctor (If he has an insurance policy) or take him to your County's health department to get the shot. As far as I know, you don't need to submit these post-arrival shot records to the Immigration, unless they requested it.

To be safe, keep a good record of it.

By the way, how are you going to deal with him regarding health coverage until he starts working ?

My mother will not be working and I am trying to find a good way to deal with health issues. Thus far, what I will be doing is getting her a doctor and paying out of my pocket. Emergency Room bills are usually tremendeous and I heard people filing for bankrupty after their elderly parents visit the emergency room

Last edited by a moderator:
So it seems like everyone that shows up or participates in this forum sent only certified copies to NVC, OR there is someone out there who sent the originals. did anyone go through the dilemma of whether to send the original or the certified? I dont think one should be embarrssed to state if they did send the originals, no matter what the outcome may have been.

Anyone?

Thanks

I guess you will have to get him a Doctor (If he has an insurance policy) or take him to your County's health department to get the shot. As far as I know, you don't need to submit these post-arrival shot records to the Immigration, unless they requested it.

To be safe, keep a good record of it.

By the way, how are you going to deal with him regarding health coverage until he starts working ?

My mother will not be working and I am trying to find a good way to deal with health issues. Thus far, what I will be doing is getting her a doctor and paying out of my pocket. Emergency Room bills are usually tremendeous and I heard people filing for bankrupty after their elderly parents visit the emergency room

thanks for the answer fbanna. you have great insights, i will be lost without you. we just got back from SS office, and they said that we have to wait for 3-4 weeks, they might have issued him a # already. so if we dont receive the # we will go back. as far as insurance, i dont know what to do, since they are expensive. I will try to look for a cheaper one.