• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

how to edit dv lottery application

Hi
I made a mistake i wrote nick name wrong for dv lottery entry?
All the informations is correct except nick name
Please help me what should i do

Hi
I made a mistake i wrote nick name wrong for dv lottery entry?
All the informations is correct except nick name
Please help me what should i do

You can’t do anything legitimate with an already submitted entry. All you can do now is wait and see if you’re selected, the issue can be addressed then.

Hi. I have completed yesterday the 2022 DV Program and just realized that I have made a mistake. As I am both national of two eligible countries (two passport holder), I chose to apply with my second passport (not the one of the country where I was born). Is this mistake disqualifying? Otherwise, is it possible to cancel the application sent and fill a new one as the deadline is tomorrow (10th november 2020). Many thanks for your reply.

Hi. I have a 3 year old daughter, but can't take a photo of her for the dv.lottery because she is living with her mother, with whom we have a bad relationship. She doesn't let me see her and won't take a photo of her for me. Please help. What can I do in this situation? Thanks.

Hi. I have completed yesterday the 2022 DV Program and just realized that I have made a mistake. As I am both national of two eligible countries (two passport holder), I chose to apply with my second passport (not the one of the country where I was born). Is this mistake disqualifying? Otherwise, is it possible to cancel the application sent and fill a new one as the deadline is tomorrow (10th november 2020). Many thanks for your reply.

1. You can use any valid passport, it doesn’t have to be the passport of the eligible country.
2. Even if it was an issue, you can’t cancel or withdraw the already submitted entry. Submitting a new entry leads to automatic disqualification.

Hi. I have a 3 year old daughter, but can't take a photo of her for the dv.lottery because she is living with her mother, with whom we have a bad relationship. She doesn't let me see her and won't take a photo of her for me. Please help. What can I do in this situation? Thanks.

You must declare and include your daughter in your entry, or you don’t apply at all.

1. You can use any valid passport, it doesn’t have to be the passport of the eligible country.
2. Even if it was an issue, you can’t cancel or withdraw the already submitted entry. Submitting a new entry leads to automatic disqualification.

Thank you very much for your help and answer

Did you choose the country of birth as country of eligibility? That is what matters. For the passport section you can choose any valid passport you have.

Did you choose the country of birth as country of eligibility? That is what matters. For the passport section you can choose any valid passport you have.

No I chose my other country of nationality (France) as a country of eligibility for the application even if my country of birth (Morocco) is also eligible for the DV Program... Do you think this mistake could lead to a disqualification? or do you think officers will automaticaly consider my country of birth as my country of application given that it is also eligible?

No I chose my other country of nationality (France) as a country of eligibility for the application even if my country of birth (Morocco) is also eligible for the DV Program... Do you think this mistake could lead to a disqualification? or do you think officers will automaticaly consider my country of birth as my country of application given that it is also eligible?

That is a major mistake that will lead to your disqualification at the interview if you get selected. Your eligibility country is your birth country. By using France as your eligibility country, you will end up with a EU CN as against AF which is where your birth country, Morocco falls under. Too bad you did not read the instructions carefully and follow it.

Unfortunately that will disqualify you if you are selected. (There would have been a possible avenue out if both countries fell under the same region but that is not the case here, one is EU and one is AF.)

That is a major mistake that will lead to your disqualification at the interview if you get selected. Your eligibility country is your birth country. By using France as your eligibility country, you will end up with a EU CN as against AF which is where your birth country, Morocco falls under. Too bad you did not read the instructions carefully and follow it.

OK it is sad but this is life. Thank you for your explanations
Just for my understanding, why do US authorities forbid the modification or cancelation of an application before the end of the application deadline? This will allow people like me who spent a lot of time gathering informations, taking appropriate identification pictures, filling forms etc to correct a simple mistake and pursue their chances of being qualified.
I mean, mistakes do happen in life, but as long as a person become aware of its mistake, why preventing him/her from correcting the application form in the timescales?
Thank you

Just for my understanding, why do US authorities forbid the modification or cancelation of an application before the end of the application deadline? This will allow people like me who spent a lot of time gathering informations, taking appropriate identification pictures, filling forms etc to correct a simple mistake and pursue their chances of being qualified.
I mean, mistakes do happen in life, but as long as a person become aware of its mistake, why preventing him/her from correcting the application form in the timescales?
Thank you

unfortunately the first thing you should have spent time on was reading the instructions fully. i don’t know the answer to your question but given they literally can have over ten million applications and that no double entries are allowed probably has something to do with it. if it’s any consolation, the chances you would have been chosen are tiny anyway. Enter again next year, and make sure you read the entire instructions before you fill in and submit the form.

unfortunately the first thing you should have spent time on was reading the instructions fully. i don’t know the answer to your question but given they literally can have over ten million applications and that no double entries are allowed probably has something to do with it. if it’s any consolation, the chances you would have been chosen are tiny anyway. Enter again next year, and make sure you read the entire instructions before you fill in and submit the form.

Ok thank you

Thank you

Maybe because of the fact that it is indeed a lottery and each person has only one shot each year? Like Susie noted above, closely reading the instructions is one of the things you should have spent some time going over.

i am dv2021 winner from Sri Lanka
My photo meets all requirements apart from the part where the top of the head to the chin should be 50-69%. Mine is 75%. this cause any problem? or no need to worry ?