How to Apply for a Green Card- Do it Yourself

A1: Once you become a citizen, just file an I-485 for her and attach a copy the I-130 approval.
A2: Four copies I believe.
A3: Attach any other document that acts in lieu of her BC.

1. When I filed her I-130 as a spouse of permanent resident we wanted consular processing but now we want to do an adjustment of status since she is already here in the US. I don't know what exactly we filled in her I-130 application about 5 year ago.Now her I-130 is already approved. Do I need to do anything extra to ensure that her application does not processed in the consulate abroad but have it done here ?

2.How many copies of G-325 should I submit ?

3. Do I need certified copies of my spouse's birth certificate and our marriage certificate ? My spouse does not have the original birth certificate in order to get a certified copy.

I-485 question in Part 3A

Hi,

wondering anyone on this forum can help me with this question. I was asked "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer?" in Part 3A of I-485, should I answer yes or no? Not sure what exactly this question means.

FYI - I was entered on L-1B visa and then transferred to F-1 and further to H-1B.

Your clarification is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Miracleseeker

Hi,

wondering anyone on this forum can help me with this question. I was asked "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer?" in Part 3A of I-485, should I answer yes or no? Not sure what exactly this question means.

FYI - I was entered on L-1B visa and then transferred to F-1 and further to H-1B.

Your clarification is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Miracleseeker

You should answer YES

Thanks a lot for your response, Desi4ever.

Co-ask on G325A. Many of the people on this forum said that the form automatically generate 4 copies once you print, but I only get one copy when I print. I checked the version I downloaded from USCIS website, it's recently revised by USCIS on 6/12/09 and I can find nowhere in the instruction, saying that you should print out 4 copies. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks a million!

Miracleseeker

Seems that new G325A only need 1 page

Thanks for responding, Triple Citizen. I found the following thread on another forum. Seems that with the new version G325A, we only need to file 1 page instead of 4.

Was not allowed to post URL. But you can search for topic "210396" on visajourney dot com for more details.

thank you guys for the help through this forum.

i followed the exact steps in the sticky DIY from nkumar7 using all the cover letters and have been approved for my conditional green card in less than 3 mnths with no RFE.

thank you guys!!!!!!!!!

I am about to file on my own since the last several lawyers I dealt with were nothing short of scummy. My family has lost their life savings in those people, so now I am going to try my best to do this myself.

My situation is, I re entered on a expired visa and the lawyer told me I'd have to file some sort of 'pardon' first and then I could apply for my green card through my husband.

Could anyone sort me out please?

Hi, my parents with us 2 years ago.at that time, they were allowed to stay in USA for 6 months. then i applied to extend their visa but got denied by Immigration center. since we just had a new baby, I needed my parents to stay with us, so they stayed illegally for another 7 months.
then they went back to China. Right now I wanted to apply for Green Card for them, Do you guys think it is possible to get approved by IMS?

Application Questions

thank you guys for the help through this forum.

i followed the exact steps in the sticky DIY from nkumar7 using all the cover letters and have been approved for my conditional green card in less than 3 mnths with no RFE.

thank you guys!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sanename,

I'm applying I-130, I485 for my wife and have some questions in filling the forms. really appreciate if you could answer them.

Thanks

I-130

14. Date authorized stay expired, or will expire, as
shown on Form I-94 or I-95

My wife is here on student status. Completed her degree and is currently on EAD (Optional Practical Training) that started in 10/2009 and expires in 10/2010.

her i-94 says D/S which i think is Duration of Status. Her I-20 has 09/2009 as the completion date for the course.

Should i write 10/2010 or 09/2009 for expiration date for the above question

17. List husband/wife and all children of your relative.

Do I have to write my name again here

20. If your relative's native alphabet is other than Roman letters, write his or her name and foreign address in the native alphabet

I-485

Is the control number on the VISA stamp called non-immigrant visa number or is it different

I-765
16 C (9) - Is this the correct letter and number for this category of immigration petition

I-131

Part 3
1. Date of Intented Departure
2. Expected Length of Trip

Part 4

Best Regards

A# required for physical exam?

We bought my mom-in-law for the physcial exam yesterday in preparation for the GC application in NJ. The doctor office was asking for the A#. I don't think we will have the A# until we fill the I130, are I correct?

I guess, the fees for I-765 ($340) is not needed when we apply EAD along with I-485 ($1010) for an approved I-130. Can anyone, confirm this please ?

Thanks,

residence

There is a question about city and country of parents' residence in G-325A, Biographic Information. My dad died many years ago - how do i answer that question? I can't leave it blank, can I?

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and i'm joining here hoping someone could help me about my situation.
Been married for almost 5 years with my US citizen husband. He petitioned me and my 2 older children (my children with my first husband who died, I was a widow when me and my US citizen husband get married)) through k3/k4 visa. All 3 of us (me and my 2 older children got our 10 year green card).

Here's the problem: I have 2 more other minor children (they're illegitimate children and don't know the whereabouts of their dad) left in the Philippines. Right now,they're well-taken cared of and lives with my sister. Me and my husband wants to petition them now. We didn't do it together with me and my 2 older children because we can't afford to bring all 4 of them all at once. Now we got enough money to petition them, we will be getting them here in United States.

Now my question is: Don't we get in trouble with USCIS when we start the petition process for them because we did not name my 2 other minor children in the I-129F forms when we had our k3/k4 visa process? Please anyone who knows about this or have the same situation as we have can clear this up. Thanks and I appreciate if someone can help us on this.

GC for parents

My sis is USC and she applied I-130 for mom in Dec, 09. my mom has 10 yr B-2 and she is in US since aug, 09. her I-94 is expiring in Feb 1st week. what next my sis need to do? file I-485, It may take time and I-94 may get expired. Shall she apply for I-94 extension? please advise me for the procedure ASAP.

Thanks...

As you can see I just submitted my application for AOS last monday and I just realized that in part 2 of form I-485 I checked the 1st box which states "an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number That has been approved" instead of checking the 'h' box and state my reason for eligibility which I did not. I concurrently submitted along the I-130 form from my USC husband with my I-485. So i checked the wrong box.

Quick Question:

on my previous EAD card (issued after my undergrad in 2006) I do have an A#. Do I use that in the applications for GC?
Or should I leave the A# blank.

However, if I should use that A#, since I have just realized that I do actually have an A#, and my medical examination was done awhile back, on page #4 of i-693, my A# is mentioned as N/A, and the entire 693 document is in a sealed envelop! What can I do in that case?

Pls. Help!
Rid_prag

Please help!!!

It has been more than 2 months and no GC document in site. My I-485 was approved and the Welcome Notice came. The case status online has been the same for the last 60 days- post decision phase. I called the 1 800 number and they told me that is all they know, and they also did a service request to see what is going on. Also told me to wait for a response up to 45 days. This morning I took an Info Pass appointment in the local office here in Salt Lake City and there they told me that the document was produced and sent along with the Welcome Notice - and that I will have to file I-90 in order to get the new card and pay $370. how is this my fault? Why should I pay extra money for their mistake? How is it possible that online it does not say anything about the production of the document, while in the local office it says it was mailed with Welcome Notice and how is it possible that one came and the other one never did? What should I do? Seems like doing I-90 will prolongue the process to 3-4 months again and I will have to do the biometrics AGAIN!! Should I contact state officials? Any advice? Thank you!

mijenica: If the Green Card has disappeared in postal service, there is nothing that you can do. You may try to go to your district postal mail that serves you, ask for a supervisor there, explain that your green card package was lost, and you want them to take a look if its somewhere in postal office.

In case you need to reorder the new green card with USCIS its not a big deal, after you pay a fee, they stamp your passport and send the package within a month. There is no need to redo the whole thing. If postal can not help you, set infopass and ask them for a replacement green card.