How much time does it take for the certification paperwork to arrive?

Got in 7 days.

I actually checked online and saw it was certified on 12/28. The lawyer said he received paperwork on 12/29. But again I didn't really check everyday. The "final determination" letter from DOL is dated on 12/22. So it only took 7 days for DOL to send of FD letter and certificate.

Do you guys also get FD letter? This is the first time I ever know there is something like this and it is in PDF.

Hard Copy Received

The hard copy of my labor arrived over the weekend (according to the attorney), it took a month from the approval date (12/06/2006).

Hard Copy Received

I just rec'd a hard copy of my ETA 750 this afternoon.
The approval date on ETA 750 was on 12/28/06.

Good luck for all of you.

cherrygums said:
I just rec'd a hard copy of my ETA 750 this afternoon.
The approval date on ETA 750 was on 12/28/06.

Good luck for all of you.

Finally my lawyer applied for I-140 regular processing requesting duplicate copy of labor approval. No Sign of hard copy even after 3 months
:mad: My bad luck just doesn't leave me :( :(

ssp123 said:
Finally my lawyer applied for I-140 regular processing requesting duplicate copy of labor approval. No Sign of hard copy even after 3 months
:mad: My bad luck just doesn't leave me :( :(

I'm with you my friend .... still no paper in sight. I will wait another couple weeks before applying for I-140 with request for duplicate. I am waiting to complete my immigration physical and see if there is any sign of the original at that point.

:(

When you thought they couldn't screw you any more, they still find a way :mad:

my case approved on 10/16/2006, still waiting for the document. like most of you said, the nightmare is not end yet.

MDwatch said:
I'm with you my friend .... still no paper in sight. I will wait another couple weeks before applying for I-140 with request for duplicate. I am waiting to complete my immigration physical and see if there is any sign of the original at that point.

:(

When you thought they couldn't screw you any more, they still find a way :mad:

Same here. My PD is Dec. 01, from MD, EB3, RIR. My LC was approved in Nov. 06. What I have received is just the apporval letter but no ETA 750. My lawyer waited a month and send the I-140 application on 12/22/06 with request for duplicate LC.

I was suppose to be able to file concurrent 140/485 but now I can't thanks to them. :rolleyes:

ftsoh said:
Same here. My PD is Dec. 01, from MD, EB3, RIR. My LC was approved in Nov. 06. What I have received is just the apporval letter but no ETA 750. My lawyer waited a month and send the I-140 application on 12/22/06 with request for duplicate LC.

I was suppose to be able to file concurrent 140/485 but now I can't thanks to them. :rolleyes:

Let us know how long it takes to get the approval for I-140 with request for duplicate.

I am still hoping to get something back from DOL before the end of the month and then file with premium processing.

MDwatch said:
Let us know how long it takes to get the approval for I-140 with request for duplicate.

I am still hoping to get something back from DOL before the end of the month and then file with premium processing.

Sure will. I did not file premium because my lawyer advice against it. He said while the USCIS can process 140 within 2 weeks, he is afraid that the DOL will drag their feet on issuing dupicate LC which made the premium process useless.

I forgot to mentioned that I am a state employee. And apparently I didn't get any special treatment. ;)

I did my physical right after I know my LC is approved. But now I am worry that it will be expired before I can file 485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for the original approved labor. I called PBEC and the lady was nice enough to look up my case in the computer. She recommended faxing them a letter. So I got my lawyer to fax them a letter today. She had already sent them a letter amonth ago. Now if I don't get the original next week, I will have to file I-140 with a request for duplicate :(

MDwatch said:
Still waiting for the original approved labor. I called PBEC and the lady was nice enough to look up my case in the computer. She recommended faxing them a letter. So I got my lawyer to fax them a letter today. She had already sent them a letter amonth ago. Now if I don't get the original next week, I will have to file I-140 with a request for duplicate :(

Sometimes, no matter what you have tried, it simply doesn't work. I tried everything - having my attorney wrote letters, emails, fax..I still didn't see my ETA original come in. I filed 140 with a request of duplicate LC and had receipt dated Dec 1st 2006. After seeing a few people here file 485, i decided to do so. The only risk, per my attorney is if my 485 is rejected because of nonavilability of original ETA750, i will refile when 140 is approved and i will have to pay one more time.

My labor got certified ( online status) on 01/09/2007. still i didn't receive any paperwork. Anyone knows how long it takes the labor certificate paper work to arrive?? who receives it ?? lawyer or employer.

pl reply me.

alabor said:
My labor got certified ( online status) on 01/09/2007. still i didn't receive any paperwork. Anyone knows how long it takes the labor certificate paper work to arrive?? who receives it ?? lawyer or employer.

pl reply me.

Your lawyer will receive the original. Regarding the amount of time necessary to receive the original .... :rolleyes: it varies from a week to months :mad:

I just wanted to share some good news. My labor just got approved after 5 & 1/2 years. My employer just received the notification in the mail today.
The certifying date was January 17th, 2007.

I am not sure how to react because I am in complete shock. The website still shows "In-Process"

I would like to thank this forum for their support through the hard times.

NYC2001 said:
I just wanted to share some good news. My labor just got approved after 5 & 1/2 years. My employer just received the notification in the mail today.
The certifying date was January 17th, 2007.

I am not sure how to react because I am in complete shock. The website still shows "In-Process"

I would like to thank this forum for their support through the hard times.

Congrats NYC2001, it is always a pleasure to see guys from the earlier years getting approved. I hope you get all your forms soon and move onto the next stage :)

yesterday my lawyer called the officer who approved my case. the officer said the ETA-750 sent out in later Oct last year. but my lawyer never got the ETA-750, but just an approval letter. and the officer said he can not re-send the letter because of department rules, only INS can request duplicated copy.
i don't know how many guys out there have the same situation as mine, but looks like i have to file the I140 with duplicated form request. the lawyer said it may take 10-12 months to get i140 approved.
it is really a bad day for me. :mad:
btw, my case approved at 10/16/2006

received hardcopy

MDwatch said:
Congrats NYC2001, it is always a pleasure to see guys from the earlier years getting approved. I hope you get all your forms soon and move onto the next stage :)

Thank you for the best wishes.
The funny thing is we received the hardcopy in less than a week from date of approval, but the website still shows "In-Process".
Now I am working on the next steps.

shoutout said:
yesterday my lawyer called the officer who approved my case. the officer said the ETA-750 sent out in later Oct last year. but my lawyer never got the ETA-750, but just an approval letter. and the officer said he can not re-send the letter because of department rules, only INS can request duplicated copy.
i don't know how many guys out there have the same situation as mine, but looks like i have to file the I140 with duplicated form request. the lawyer said it may take 10-12 months to get i140 approved.
it is really a bad day for me. :mad:
btw, my case approved at 10/16/2006

I hope your lawyer is just being overly conservative. On contrary, mine is still optimistic that I can get I-140 approval within 6 months. Not that I can trust him because he also said that I will get my LC within 6 months but it eventually takes almost 5 freaking years.

I've been tortured enough by the DOL/PBEC. Do anyone of you think we should bring a class action lawsuit against them on mental abuse? Why not? Their out of orderness in the PBEC and the mistakes of missing ETA 750 causes us further delay in the GC process.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,ftsoh, i really hope what my lawyer said is wrong. i waited more than 4.5 years to get the labor approved. now i still can not apply for concurrent I140/I485 because of DOL mistakes, and IF what he said is true, i have to wait another year to get I140 approved. anyway, the nightmare just not ends yet.

ftsoh said:
I hope your lawyer is just being overly conservative. On contrary, mine is still optimistic that I can get I-140 approval within 6 months. Not that I can trust him because he also said that I will get my LC within 6 months but it eventually takes almost 5 freaking years.

I've been tortured enough by the DOL/PBEC. Do anyone of you think we should bring a class action lawsuit against them on mental abuse? Why not? Their out of orderness in the PBEC and the mistakes of missing ETA 750 causes us further delay in the GC process.

I am in the same situation. Never received the approval letter. My case was certified october last year. Applied for I-140 regular with the request for duplicate LC on Jan 10th 2007. Still haven't received i-140 receipt number. How long did it take for you to receive the receipt number?

thanks..