How much time does it take for the certification paperwork to arrive?

ulta_pulta said:
What I meant is: Can this screen shot be used for applying for I-140 intead of the hardcopy of labor certification letter?

I am in same boat as you and my attorney confirmed i can't use screen shot to file 140. Original copy has to be used in the filing of 140.

ulta_pulta said:
CA-EB2-Nov 2002 Case
Online Status Check Certified when checked on 09/11
Certfied on 21st August as per 202-xxx number

Letter not yet received by my Attorney as well as my Company. So how to know if they have actually sent the letter or where it is stuck? When we contact PBEC by phone they say they have no way of confirming if the letter has actually been sent out or not.

Is this the situation for all cases or for CA cases only?

Could you tell me how to use 202_xxx source to check when the case was certified?

codex889 said:
Could you tell me how to use 202_xxx source to check when the case was certified?

Just call up 202-693-3010 and if some one picks up(depends on your luck but keep retrying) explain to him that your case as per the online screen shows only "certified" but no date of certification. Then ask for his help to know when it was certified and he is most likely to tell you the date. If you call PBEC @484-270-1500 some times they help but most of the times they are likely to tell you that your attorney or employer must call and not you.

codex889 said:
I am in same boat as you and my attorney confirmed i can't use screen shot to file 140. Original copy has to be used in the filing of 140.

Since it is more than two months waiting for the hardcopy and my PD is current my attorneys have told me that they are going to apply for concurrent I-140/I-485 requesting USCIS to request for a duplicate as it may have been lost. This is likely to be slower process but I don't want to wait any more as I want to get at least EAD and become eligible for AC21 faster. I think if you receive the letter afterwards you can submit it, I guess.

ulta_pulta said:
Since it is more than two months waiting for the hardcopy and my PD is current my attorneys have told me that they are going to apply for concurrent I-140/I-485 requesting USCIS to request for a duplicate as it may have been lost. This is likely to be slower process but I don't want to wait any more as I want to get at least EAD and become eligible for AC21 faster. I think if you receive the letter afterwards you can submit it, I guess.

Be careful to the concurrent filing, as per DOL, this is at risk of 485 being rejected. Please read the following doc from DOL:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/perm_faqs_3-20-06.pdf

My attorney didn't suggest me file concurrently but let me file 140 with duplicate LC first.

codex889 said:
Be careful to the concurrent filing, as per DOL, this is at risk of 485 being rejected. Please read the following doc from DOL:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/perm_faqs_3-20-06.pdf

My attorney didn't suggest me file concurrently but let me file 140 with duplicate LC first.

I think this is a document from DOL and not from USCIS. So I will be cautious. But, my attorney has emailed me saying that they have, in some similar cases, applied concurrently with a request to obtain ETA-750 from DOL and were successful in getting approvals.

2 months? It takes that long to receive the approval? Damn!
ulta_pulta said:

ulta_pulta said:
Just call up 202-693-3010 and if some one picks up(depends on your luck but keep retrying) explain to him that your case as per the online screen shows only "certified" but no date of certification. Then ask for his help to know when it was certified and he is most likely to tell you the date. If you call PBEC @484-270-1500 some times they help but most of the times they are likely to tell you that your attorney or employer must call and not you.

I called the number this morning and was told "they are not BEC and dont have the time info i am looking for". The lady then tranfered me to somebody in BEC and it turned out to be a message. Are you sure you got the certified time from this number? BTW, my case is with Dallas BEC.

codex889 said:
I called the number this morning and was told "they are not BEC and dont have the time info i am looking for". The lady then tranfered me to somebody in BEC and it turned out to be a message. Are you sure you got the certified time from this number? BTW, my case is with Dallas BEC.

Sure, that is the number (DOL at WashingtonDC) I called and I got the answer from a gentleman who was very nice. If you check this forum you will probably come across the same number and same or similar experience with the gentleman. He was very helpful. Keep trying.

Thanks, i will keep trying :) BTW, have you decided to file concurrent 140/485 with a request of duplicate LC? Some feedback i got from other forum is that i should file 140 first.

codex889 said:
Thanks, i will keep trying :) BTW, have you decided to file concurrent 140/485 with a request of duplicate LC? Some feedback i got from other forum is that i should file 140 first.

No, it will be attorneys who will decide. But I have submitted all paper work (as advised by them) as if I am going to file for concurrent so that if the LC is received in the mean time then concurrent filing is immediately possible. Otherwise, what sequence they are going to follow is not yet clear. I guess they will have to file I-140 first with a request for a duplicate copy of LC. Then what else? wait and wait.

Still not received

My attoreny says he still not received it . It was approved on 20th September. my employer also not received the courtesy copy. i do not know how long it takes to get 140 approve without original LC... Can not use premium processing .. can not apply 485 ...It is the hell waiting waiting .. more waiting after 4 years ..

AJV said:
My attoreny says he still not received it . It was approved on 20th September. my employer also not received the courtesy copy. i do not know how long it takes to get 140 approve without original LC... Can not use premium processing .. can not apply 485 ...It is the hell waiting waiting .. more waiting after 4 years ..

Mine was certified around Sep 14 and haven't received anything yet. Looks like cases approved in Sep was stuck somewhere. Please update your info if you have anything new.

codex889 said:
Mine was certified around Sep 14 and haven't received anything yet. Looks like cases approved in Sep was stuck somewhere. Please update your info if you have anything new.
I am some how suspecting that the delay may be due to address corrections or changes when the 45 day letter was replied. I had corrected my zip code. Were there any address corrections/changes in your cases?
When I requested the attorneys to send a fax stating this and request for sending LC approval copy they are saying that this is not a correct procedure and the correct procedure is to request for a duplicate LC while applying for I-140 and after some time (after getting the I-140 receipt) they can apply for I-485 as well.
What do your attorneys say?

ulta_pulta said:
I am some how suspecting that the delay may be due to address corrections or changes when the 45 day letter was replied. I had corrected my zip code. Were there any address corrections/changes in your cases?
When I requested the attorneys to send a fax stating this and request for sending LC approval copy they are saying that this is not a correct procedure and the correct procedure is to request for a duplicate LC while applying for I-140 and after some time (after getting the I-140 receipt) they can apply for I-485 as well.
What do your attorneys say?

My attorney suggest me file 140 with duplicate LC request. However, i still want to wait a few weeks to see if LC finally comes. If i follow my attorney's suggestion, i will still need waiting and waiting. Waiting time is much longer..

Lets track it

Looks like we are the only few whose lc's are missing.. Since our 140 will be applied with out original LC , i do not know how long USCIS takes to request lc from DOL and approve .. let's track the 140 .

FYI, my LC was approved on 10/31/06. The letter arrived today. Good luck.

NYS/EB3/RIR/March2002

xmmm said:
FYI, my LC was approved on 10/31/06. The letter arrived today. Good luck.

NYS/EB3/RIR/March2002

Which state are you at? Did youself get the letter or your employer and attorney? I am curious what the procedure is.

codex889 said:
Which state are you at? Did youself get the letter or your employer and attorney? I am curious what the procedure is.

My attorney called me on 11/6 and my HR called me on 11/7.