How long did it take for your passport to arrive (NON-expediated request)...

Passport received

it was surpirse to us . We applied by routine service and sreceived them in 6 days . Dont apply for expedite process. Just your travel date little early they will process quickly

Good luck

Passport has been mailed

Hurray! Received an e-mail that the passport book was mailed yesterday! :D

And another e-mail yesterday, that my wife's case has been sent to local DO for interview! :)

I applied for passport on 12/30/09 at the post office. Paid by money order (there is no way to find out if it was cashed :eek:). Online system still showing that it hasn't been found. I want to travel on 2/6/10, but hesitating to buy tickets in case my passport doesn't arrive on time. Any thoughts?

I applied for passport on 12/30/09 at the post office. Paid by money order (there is no way to find out if it was cashed :eek:). Online system still showing that it hasn't been found. I want to travel on 2/6/10, but hesitating to buy tickets in case my passport doesn't arrive on time. Any thoughts?

It took 10 days for me to track online.

If you look at the timelines, it is not taking more than 4 weeks, it could be even sooner. You should be safe, what with another month away.

I'm still waiting for mine (applied 18 Dec) but I'm also suffering from Naturalization Certificate Separation Anxiety Disorder (NCSAD). Could someone confirm if the Passport Place will mail the stuff back certified, registered, fourth class, in a big envelope that says "PASSPORT", etc???

How do a passport / card / original certificate get mailed back to you?

I'm still waiting for mine (applied 18 Dec) but I'm also suffering from Naturalization Certificate Separation Anxiety Disorder (NCSAD). Could someone confirm if the Passport Place will mail the stuff back certified, registered, fourth class, in a big envelope that says "PASSPORT", etc???

How do a passport / card / original certificate get mailed back to you?

The certificate was mailed back in a large yellow envelop and the passport book was mailed in a medium Priority Mail envelop. They arrived the same day.
I too had the NCSAD!!! When I received the letters, I went for the NC first because I missed it so much and did not have the time to enjoy it before :)

Yesteday I got a tracking number. I'm somewhat released that NC has not been lost :) Now impatiently waiting for a change in status: "Your PP has been mailed" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Applied last Tuesday(12/29) (regular processing) . Got all our passports in mail today. This is lightening fast ! Yet to receive any of our passport cards and my other documents.

Applied last Tuesday(12/29) (regular processing) . Got all our passports in mail today. This is lightening fast ! Yet to receive any of our passport cards and my other documents.

Wow!! :eek: Are you sure you didn't request turbofast service? :D

Yesteday I got a tracking number. I'm somewhat released that NC has not been lost :) Now impatiently waiting for a change in status: "Your PP has been mailed" :)

Same here. Now I have to (a) get the passport and (b) find a good reason to travel outside the US... Just to check it out :)

Passport Mailed

Hi Folks,
I just got an email saying that my passport is mailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine and my wife passport in the mail today.:)

Congratulations!

I have tickets for 2/4 and swetting for my passport to be received on time... It's most likely I'll get it on time, but what to do if NOT? I'm about to pay $75 to expedite... I read in other threads that US passports are being produced in China, but where do they get mailed from? I wonder if the processing time depend on a state where you live or only on luck...

Congratulations!

I have tickets for 2/4 and swetting for my passport to be received on time... It's most likely I'll get it on time, but what to do if NOT? I'm about to pay $75 to expedite... I read in other threads that US passports are being produced in China, but where do they get mailed from? I wonder if the processing time depend on a state where you live or only on luck...

From what I understand, only the covers with the embedded RFID chip are produced in China. They are then sent to the U.S., where the final assembly is completed and the blanks are distributed to the issuing authorities. Since you're from NYC, your passport will most likely come from New Hampshire. Mine came from there.

This morning I checked the status online and....MY PASSPORT WAS MAILED YESTERDAY!!! I should get it by January 20! It was mailed from Arizona. Now I can prepare for my trip with no worries and with extra $75 in my pocket