How long did it take for your passport to arrive (NON-expediated request)...

Applied 9/30/09 regular and no status update after initial Application locator number. Any one in DC area applied in around 9/30?

Applied 9/30/09 regular and no status update after initial Application locator number. Any one in DC area applied in around 9/30?

I applied on 9/25 and received the passport book on 10/17; using regular service. I am in Richmond VA. You should get it this week.

I applied for my passport and passport card on Sep 12th, 2009 along with my wife. Both regular process. We have not received anything yet. The online status provides the file locator number and says it is processing. I called the National customer service number and I was told that the application was received on Sep. 16th and it is taking 4 - 6 weeks from the receipt date. There is no issue with the application.
We are in the Washington DC area. Right now we just have to wait it seems. BTW, we did not put any travel date because we don't have any in the near future. The customer service folks always keep on asking about travel date. So I am wondering whether no travel plans would relegate our app to the lowest priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied on 9/25 and received the passport book on 10/17; using regular service. I am in Richmond VA. You should get it this week.

richmondva,

Did your online status change to something like "process completed... will be mailed on xxxx.... " etc? I am trying to see if the online status gives the exact up-to-date status. I know it does for expedited cases but not sure for regula processing cases/

Richmondva, I don't think your passport got processed in DC processing center as it services DC ,MD and few adjoining VA counties only... That probably explains why you got faster

richmondva,

Did your online status change to something like "process completed... will be mailed on xxxx.... " etc? I am trying to see if the online status gives the exact up-to-date status. I know it does for expedited cases but not sure for regula processing cases/

cpzinga:

My status changed to the following "We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you. Your passport application locator number is..........You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 10/20/2009. Check the USPS status at................."

I got an email on 10/17 with the above status since I had also provided my email address. I then checked the USPS online tracking and it had already reached my post office early that morning. So out of curiosity I thought let me check my mailbox and "Wow!" it was in there and a separate envelope also had my nat. certificate. The exact same for my wife (passport and nat cert). So in affect we received it the same day my online status changed (3 days before the delivery date they had suggested in the email).

Also SunnyDays, I too had left the travel dates blank; so that is probably not causing your delay. Maybe as dp4k suggested it could be based on the processing center. I somehow thought that all passports are processed centrally except for the cases where one takes an appointment and goes personally to the processing center but I could be wrong.

Good luck to all of you waiting.

Yesterday, the status for our passport application changed. It says they are in the final stages of my application and I should receive it on or around 10/26/09. The same applies to my wife's application. So we are hoping to get it this week or early next week. All is good.

Thanks richmondva..

cpzinga:

My status changed to the following "We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you. Your passport application locator number is..........You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 10/20/2009. Check the USPS status at................."

I got an email on 10/17 with the above status since I had also provided my email address. I then checked the USPS online tracking and it had already reached my post office early that morning. So out of curiosity I thought let me check my mailbox and "Wow!" it was in there and a separate envelope also had my nat. certificate. The exact same for my wife (passport and nat cert). So in affect we received it the same day my online status changed (3 days before the delivery date they had suggested in the email).

Also SunnyDays, I too had left the travel dates blank; so that is probably not causing your delay. Maybe as dp4k suggested it could be based on the processing center. I somehow thought that all passports are processed centrally except for the cases where one takes an appointment and goes personally to the processing center but I could be wrong.

Good luck to all of you waiting.

Thanks richmondva..

cpzinga:

One quick question for you! Did you sign your passport book with your full name signature or just your regular signature? The instruction card received along with the passport says to sign full name but I want to stick to my regular signature as far as possible.

cpzinga:

One quick question for you! Did you sign your passport book with your full name signature or just your regular signature? The instruction card received along with the passport says to sign full name but I want to stick to my regular signature as far as possible.

richmondva,

I haven't signed yet but planning to sign using regular signature with a ink pen. Looks like it really doesn't matter.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=289670

Received all 4 passports today. Online status did not change since "Application Received". Mailman left all 4 packets on the door.

We've applied for our passports on 10/29 in bay area (Alviso, CA) and today (11/07) we got the email notification that it got approved and mailed to us.

Just 10 days!

Got my passport book, passport card and Natz certificate in one mail package in 10 DAYS( non expedited ofcourse )!

Passport application received at a local Post office in Houston, TX.

Passport recd-Houston

Recd both the PP and the Nat.cert in the mail yesterday!
Now for the OCI card..just hope the procedure is done with quickly !