How long did it take for your passport to arrive (NON-expediated request)...

GhostRider

Registered Users (C)
I applied for my passport on Sat. 8/22 and was just wondering, out of curiosity how long did it take for you passport to show up (non-expedited, regular processing)...

TIA

:)

I think approx 4 weeks is normal. But I got mine in a week. Not sure what happened. I did apply regular processing, online status showed regular processing.

a) I applied by filling out form online and then printing.
b) I applied only for passport book initially and then called in to add passport card and paid the passport card fee using credit card.
c) I applied on saturday.

Not that any of this made any difference .. could be just luck. :)

I think approx 4 weeks is normal. But I got mine in a week. Not sure what happened. I did apply regular processing, online status showed regular processing.

a) I applied by filling out form online and then printing.
b) I applied only for passport book initially and then called in to add passport card and paid the passport card fee using credit card.
c) I applied on saturday.

Not that any of this made any difference .. could be just luck. :)

Cool, I too, filled out the form online and printed it, applied on a Saturday (through a public library), and opted for the book only. :)

Cool, I too, filled out the form online and printed it, applied on a Saturday (through a public library), and opted for the book only. :)
Check to see if your check is cashed today or call in to get the confirmation number so you can check status online. You can add card option over the phone if you want it.

Check to see if your check is cashed today or call in to get the confirmation number so you can check status online. You can add card option over the phone if you want it.

Thanks,

Just out of curiosity: What's so special about the card? I mean, I know you can travel with it in north America and to the Caribbeans, but why not just use a plain good ol' passport? I really don't see any reason to throw more money on something that a passport book can get me.

Thanks,

Just out of curiosity: What's so special about the card? I mean, I know you can travel with it in north America and to the Caribbeans, but why not just use a plain good ol' passport? I really don't see any reason to throw more money on something that a passport book can get me.
I was thinking, its only (I know times are tough) $20. And I can shove it in safe place and use it to get passport book in case I lose passport. Its rigid, dont worry about taking proper care (unlike Nat), kids cant scribble on it (unlike Nat :)).

I was thinking, its only (I know times are tough) $20. And I can shove it in safe place and use it to get passport book in case I lose passport. Its rigid, dont worry about taking proper care (unlike Nat), kids cant scribble on it (unlike Nat :)).

And don't forget that passport card is waterproof. :) It can be used as backup if you lost your passport or certificate of Naturalization.

Ghostrider,

My son's passport was received by the post office on Saturday and we received his passport the following Satuday. So, it took about 5 business days. However, they have mispelled one of his names and I walked into the US Passport Agency on Friday morning at 11am and had his newly corrected passport by 3pm of the same day. However, I live in DC area, so because we have the DoS here, it might make a difference in the speed. We applied for a passport card for him, but I am yet to receive it in the mail. :cool:

That's interesting. It's been 4 business days (6 in total), since I've applied and the checks have not been cashed yet :(

Relax ;) My cheque was not cached until four business days have passed even though my passport application was expedited.

Passport received

Question on US passport and I-130

Hi,
I have a quick question on I-485 and I-130. I am now a U.S citizen as of last week. I have applied for my U.S passport, so I neither posses my GC or 'Certificate of Naturalization' currently.

From what I read in I-130 instructions form, do I need to submit my 'Certificate of Naturalization' for petitioning for my wife. Is it compulsory to "mail in" the original certificate and the U.S passport. It will be another 4-6 weeks before I get my certificate back and U.S passport. Please advice.

Hi,
I have a quick question on I-485 and I-130. I am now a U.S citizen as of last week. I have applied for my U.S passport, so I neither posses my GC or 'Certificate of Naturalization' currently.

From what I read in I-130 instructions form, do I need to submit my 'Certificate of Naturalization' for petitioning for my wife. Is it compulsory to "mail in" the original certificate and the U.S passport. It will be another 4-6 weeks before I get my certificate back and U.S passport. Please advice.
Please read the instruction (as I havent in a while). I believe they ask you copy of Nat Cert, not original.

This is right out of the instructions form. I do not have the certificate number, neither did I make a copy of the certificate. Instructions

1)A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.

2)A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport

3)An original statement from a U.S. consular officer verifying that you are a U.S. citizen with a valid passport.

Where can I get no 3 above? I guess I have no choice but to wait for my passport and certificate to arrive before petitioning , right?

:D GR, I think I have seen that comment somewhere else before. :D :D

Caaalllmmmmm. Hommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:D

Well... at least I now see the checks have been cashed, there is a processing/tracking number, so everything looks good so far. Hopefully a few more days and I can get a nicer evidence than that 'diploma'.... :)

:D

Well... at least I now see the checks have been cashed, there is a processing/tracking number, so everything looks good so far. Hopefully a few more days and I can get a nicer evidence than that 'diploma'.... :)
I can't help but look at passport book and card every other day. Its sweet. :)
I hope I get over this.

See a status change on DOS website(finally!)

Your passport application is in the final processing stages.

Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxxx.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/06/2009.