How and should I report GC fraud?

Oops my bad :) but since you agree, I just want to understand the reasoning behind this. I tried to speculate but all I could come up with was actually things ALL immigrants have in common in terms of their intent/desire to immigrate here. I couldn't come up with a single reason why legal and illegal immigrants are fundamentally different (again regarding decision to immigrate. I understand that they have differences in other aspects of immigration, (il)legality being one of them).

You answered your own question. I personally, repeat personally, do not want to be associated or classified with those who break the law. I have immigrated twice (US and Canada) during my life time and stayed in the UK as a student for 4 years. Each place I went, I ensured I abide by all laws and regulations governing my stay. I give a lot of importance to upholding the law, and those who break it are not held highly by me.

legality being one of them

I see your point and it makes sense to me, though I don't agree that I have answered my own question. I am strictly talking about decision to immigrate. I think legal and illegal immigrants have the same kinds of reasons to want to immigrate. They are not different in that regard.

In any case no big deal.

I applaud your high sense of ethics. I like to think that I hold myself to similar standards as the ones you describe. I just try to avoid self-righteousness, to hold judgment on (let alone condemn) others who haven't had the same opportunities as I have, and/or to generalize.

Triple Citizen I am curious as to why you "personally think that it's an exceptionally dangerous political strategy for legal immigrants to make common cause with the illegals"

Because illegal immigration has very little support among Americans. Many of those in favor of CIR are doing so because of practicality, little more. I don't support deporting 15 million individuals solely because I don't think it can be done and I don't believe that fantasy is a good basis for a political program. Most Americans were quite upset with the rallies a while back, with a lot of people who snuck into the country, waved their own flag (not America's) and then demanded citizenship and legal rights.

As a legal immigrant, it concerns me to get lumped in with that crowd in the eyes of most Americans. 99% of the time you see "immigrant" prefaced by "illegal", and for legal immigrants it means that our valid concerns (decent processing times, qualifications based on merit instead of relatives) get pushed back. I don't want to see that further reinforced by making common cause with lawbreakers.

I support some semblance of amnesty for illegal immigrants. But I also favor stricter border checks, much stricter workplace enforcement and a day-for-day penalty when applying for citizenship. If you lived here 10 years illegally, you need to wait an extra 10 years before you get to become a citizen.

I hope this isn't intended for me? I only stated my opinion and that too when you insisted that I explain my stance :)

I just try to avoid self-righteousness, to hold judgment on (let alone condemn) others who haven't had the same opportunities as I have, and/or to generalize.

You answered your own question. I personally, repeat personally, do not want to be associated or classified with those who break the law. I have immigrated twice (US and Canada) during my life time and stayed in the UK as a student for 4 years. Each place I went, I ensured I abide by all laws and regulations governing my stay. I give a lot of importance to upholding the law, and those who break it are not held highly by me.

Tripple Citizen you need to chill out.. Rules are meant to be broken. You keep referring to how well you are such a law abiding citizen... my gut instinct is that you might not be. Remember Eliot Spitzer??

Myredskins,

As a resident in the USA, you cannot pick and choose which rules (laws) you are going to obey. Individuals may not like a particular law - I don't happen to like the speed limit on the major street near my house - but that doesn't mean that an individual can violate it as he pleases.

That is why Americans are so opposed to illegal immigrants; no reason an illegal - yes they are illegal and have committed a CRIME by entering this country the way that they did - can give justifies them breaking the laws of this country to enter it.

I suggest that since you obviously do not intend to abide by the laws of this country if you don't happen to agree with them, that you would be better off going elsewhere. We don't need any more criminals - especially one who choose to come here with the intention of thumbing their nose at everything this country stands for.

I find your comment to Triple Citizen extremely offensive!

Get a life and listen to your husband. else if you go ahead and report them and they prove u are wrong. They can file a lawsuit against you for slander and defamation.

So once you meddle into their affair they can harm you via a lawsuit and if they win $$ damages.

Ps: USCIS is looking more people so maybe you can apply for the job and approve our GC faster.

Good luck.

The problem with Green Card Fruad is that too many people are willing "mind their own business." Getting an illegal Green Card is every American's Business. Foreign Nationals come to American with no respect for American and ususally know that the system is in their favor. Little wonder, they often have no respect for Americans. It does not even seem to be Green Card Fruad that bothers INS, if the stopped it, they lose revenue. As far as I can tell, when Fruad is reported, INS totally ignores it and turns on the one who reports it. Yet, ignoring it is not the answer. Injustice for one is Injustice for all (Martin Luther King, Jr)

Because illegal immigration has very little support among Americans. Many of those in favor of CIR are doing so because of practicality, little more. I don't support deporting 15 million individuals solely because I don't think it can be done and I don't believe that fantasy is a good basis for a political program. Most Americans were quite upset with the rallies a while back, with a lot of people who snuck into the country, waved their own flag (not America's) and then demanded citizenship and legal rights.

As a legal immigrant, it concerns me to get lumped in with that crowd in the eyes of most Americans. 99% of the time you see "immigrant" prefaced by "illegal", and for legal immigrants it means that our valid concerns (decent processing times, qualifications based on merit instead of relatives) get pushed back. I don't want to see that further reinforced by making common cause with lawbreakers.

I support some semblance of amnesty to illegal immigrants. But I also favor stricter border checks, much stricter workplace enforcement and a day-for-day penalty when applying for citizenship. If you lived here 10 years illegally, you need to wait an extra 10 years before you get to become a citizen.

Just my own opinion. If we give amnesty to illegal immigrants, then there'll be more and more illegals ones flooding to america. As we can see in the rally, these illegal immigrants don't classify themselve as "illegal"..all we see signs are "immigrant rights"..when you are here illegally, how can you get legal immigrant rights? if you want immigrant rights, come to america the legal way.

Wrong!!!

They DO have rights, whether they should or should not be here it's another story, but of course they have rights, this is what makes America such a great country.

They DO have rights, whether they should or should not be here it's another story, but of course they have rights, this is what makes America such a great country.

They have the rights to go back home, no one can stop them but they don't have the immigrant rights because laws don't protect illegal immigrants, therefore, they don't have the immigrant rights like the legal immigrants does. I am just voicing my thoughts. Why during the rally, they don't say they want "illegal immigrant rights"? All the signs, people speaking to the reporters are all saying about they are immigrants, they want immigrants rights. They should be saying they are illegal immigrants but had contributed somewhat to this country such as paying taxes so they need to have some laws to protect illegal immigrants whereas they just simply demand legal immigrant rights.

And being "undocumented person" is morally right? Well guess what it is very offensive to me who came here legally, spent thousands of dollars and after 8 years still don't see light at the end of the tunnel!

^^^this exactly. If one wants to get technical on this, then what the lady in question is doing isn't any better (or worse) than the Original Poster's husband's past behavior. Just because he choose not to marry for his papers doesn't make him more honorable as he lived for a period of time breaking rules and regulations of the US while living undocumented in this country. Same idea, different situation.

Having said that, lunajuna, I think you should stick to worrying about your own lissues as their personal dealings aren't messing up your life. Leave it be, not your business. Especially since you don't really know the situation factually, and are relying on second hand information.

Edit: well, this sucks, I just realized this is an old thread:D. I hope she didn't turn them in!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You should tip USCIS.
Let's not forget that we go through a long, painful and inconvenient process just because there are (many) people out there who cheat the system.
Without them we would have got a green card pretty much on the day of our wedding.