Help with Filing Form I-131

THIS NEW PROCESS HAS SLOWED THINGS DOWN. this is certainly not an improvement by USCIS although it says it is! I sent check more than 3 weeks ago and they cashed few days ago but still no receipt or finger print notice.

they slowed things down by having to first send to USCIS LOCKBOX IN PHEONIX, then transfering case to NEBRASKA.

fee increased but service decreased and gotten worst? complain guys!

My RTD is still valid till the end of August but I'm thinking about applying for a new one ( based on my I-485 application that I filed recently ). Do I need to send the old one?

My RTD is still valid till the end of August but I'm thinking about applying for a new one ( based on my I-485 application that I filed recently ). Do I need to send the old one?

I heard that RTD without GC is useless because it doesn't garantee that you will be able to re-enter the US. Is that true?

I heard that RTD without GC is useless because it doesn't garantee that you will be able to re-enter the US. Is that true?

Where did you get this ridiculous nonsense from?

That's not true. Else, the entire purpose of getting a RTD gets defeated.

Where did you get this ridiculous nonsense from?

That's not true. Else, the entire purpose of getting a RTD gets defeated.

I heard it first from the lawyer and then I saw it on USCIS website. This is not ridiculous nonsense. It is a law and a lot of people don't know about it.

To be on the safe side, RTD without GC shouldn't be used if the asylee is inadmissible or the asylee had unlawful presence before receiving the asylum status.
Inadmissibiltiy for unlawful presence gets triggered if the asylee leaves the US before getting GC and re-enter successfully using RTD.
If this happens, then he/she will have to file form I-602 when applying for GC. Form I-602 is a waiver for asylees when they apply for GC and form I-601 is for family-based applicants.

Using RTD without GC is safe if and only if the asylee is not subject to any inadmissiblity or the asylee did not have any unlawful presence in the US for 6 months or more.
For more information about the unlawful presence for asylee with RTD, google the law section of 212(a)(9)(b)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys! my online case status was updated and they mailed out my travel document today. i did call them yesterday to ask them why my case is not being updated and it is still at the acceptance stage. the lady said there is nothing that we can do. so i don't think that was a nudge for them. i hope u all get ur travel documents soon.

p.s. just to give u guys the timeline of my application processing: application express mailed on april 8th, the receipt notice date was april 22nd, the receipt came at the end of april, got the finger print notice on may 6th, did a walk in for the finger printing on may 7th (scheduled for may 10th), got a few LUD's during the last week of may, case updated today from acceptance stage to document mailed.

I heard it first from the lawyer and then I saw it on USCIS website. This is not ridiculous nonsense. It is a law and a lot of people don't know about it.

To be on the safe side, RTD without GC shouldn't be used if the asylee is inadmissible or the asylee had unlawful presence before receiving the asylum status.
Inadmissibiltiy for unlawful presence gets triggered if the asylee leaves the US before getting GC and re-enter successfully using RTD.
If this happens, then he/she will have to file form I-602 when applying for GC. Form I-602 is a waiver for asylees when they apply for GC and form I-601 is for family-based applicants.

Using RTD without GC is safe if and only if the asylee is not subject to any inadmissiblity or the asylee did not have any unlawful presence in the US for 6 months or more.
For more information about the unlawful presence for asylee with RTD, google the law section of 212(a)(9)(b)

Interesting.