Help with Filing Form I-131

yeah i think the whole enotification thing is bogus! it's been almost a week since i sent out my I-131 package and i haven't received anything!

Same here. No receipt. No check cashing. As a matter of fact, this whole lockbox thing is highly likely to slow everything down.

I had a quick question about my RTD - it is currently set to expire in August but since I can get a free one by submitting my I-485 receipt, can I apply for renewal right away or do I need to wait until it gets expired?

no u can apply for the new one whenever u want, u just have to send the previous one in if it is still valid at the time of ur request.

If it looks like the current RTD will expire when they get to processing the new one, you can keep it then too by writing "set to expire."

Thank you both.
I'm contemplating on whether to apply for one right away or wait till I receive my GC. Say my GC was approved in June ( that's the latest I'm gonna wait to apply for either ), can I file for RP with the same receipt?

seems like USCIS is not interested in waiving fees for bIOMETRICS. I filed i-131 AND PAY THE $305 FEE BUT not the $80 biometric fee cos I filed for FEE WAIVER request. everyhting was done properly. after 2-3 weeks, got a letter stating you failed to pay the biometric fee and that I have about 3 months to pay that or get the application denied! They have given no response to my fee waiver request, nothing like , request deined or not proved! strange!

Jonny1, in all fairness, If you can pay $305, I don't see how your request for a fee waiver could get approved. Don't get mad at me, I'm just playing the devil's advocate here.

I still haven't received any notifications from them. My I-131 package was delivered at their PHOENIX Lock Box on the 10th.

Most of the time I was getting something in a mail only two weeks later after they received, just relax you will receive it. It is only 12 days pass, think this way it is not just you who applied there is a lot of people out there.

Even i am Waiting for Check to be cashed i have send my i-131 pact to PHOENIX i have mailed by courier it was delivered on 12 of this month,do any one have an idea how long will it take to encash the check for RTD.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I sent for my RTD it took like 12-14 days and when my mom and sister sent for GC it was like 15 days. It was Nebraska Service center

Thnaks for the reply and i do have two more question its is ok if i send RTD packet to office insted of sending to lockbox becz i have send by courier i was thinking it may reach faster and process faster. i have applied unrestrected SSN on 3 of this month and i havent recived it so do any know how long it takes.

well i was just talking about e-notification, which according to USCIS, will be sen to u within 24 hours of the delivery of ur documents!

i just received the e-notification (text and email) from DHS. just like the message said, looks like we have to wait and receive the official receipt notice through the mail in order to check the status online. right now, it's not available!

why am i getting the feeling that this Lockbox thing is slowing things down. it took them 2 weeks to receive and reroute my application to NSC. it is going to take them another 10-14 days to recieve my application at NSC and then process it. at least before, your application would have reached it final and only destination.

one quick question pls m filing I-485 in tx so i want to file I-131 too i just want to make sure does i-131 goes to TSC or NSC.any input will be highly appreciated

after u send the the package to lockbox address. it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for them to cash ur check and receive reply. this due to re routing from lockbox in phenix to USCIS center in texa,s nebraska and california.

i am done with fingerprinting. just have to wait for the document now. i really hope it doesn't take them more than 2 weeks.

I just have question on FP for RTD i got a Recepit on 26 of April does any one have idea what is the time frame for FP.

I sent the application for my mom on April 27th. FedEx confirmed delivery April 28th. It's now May 14th and I have yet to receive a receipt that they have processed our money order.

Is this normal? She has to leave to get treatment right away. How long does it normally take to even get a receipt for the I-131?