help me pls

nanok said:
his aslyum was granted in 1995 and then he applied for I-485 in 1996. he got his approval for green card in 2002. why is not possible? well, in my case, i was granted in 1998 and applied for I-485 in 1999 and still waiting for green card approval. after he got his green card approval he applied for citizenship in september and he got approve in 2003.

interesting, but i am totally confused, always thought apply after 4 years

hello again.

Remember my two sister got their interview date and they went for the interview and the officer didn't make any decision becasue half of my sister's file was missing and the officer said that they will make a decision and send it by mail. they said that send us their pics by mail. The officer said that it will take them at least one month for the decision. and it's been one month. the interview date was June 10, 2004.
Well today my 2 sisters got "NOTICE OF RECEIPT OF I-72 INFORMATION" it's says that:
"This notice is to acknowledge the receipt of the additional documentation you submitted in support of your Application for Permanent Residence, Form I-485. This information has been given to an officer of this Service for review and you should be receiving either futher instructions, or final decision on your case soon.
Currently such application are taking 120 days to complete. As such, it is requested that you not contact this office unless you have not recived notice of the final adjudication on your application by October 28, 2004".

does someone have same experience? what's next? is this is a good news or something? should i be worried.
please someone reply!!!!!!!!!!

I-72

I have the smae situation. Did your sister receive the I-72 form by mail form the Local Immirgration Office?
Any feedback will be appreciated.

no i am sorry.

they actually recived the "NOTICE OF RECEIPT OF I-72 INFORMATION" when they went to the interview they just asked for to send the pic. that'a all. then after one month they receved NOTICE OF RECEIPT OF I-72 INFORMATION telling us that they recived the pics. and my sister have to wait till October 28 to get something. that's all.

hi.
pls pls pls respond to this!!

remember that i told u that my sister is waiting for her green card approval? and they said that u should wait until october to get a decision. well today she recived a new issued travel document. i don't understand why? her travel document was expired this year. It has been expired. then why they gave her travel doecument for a year. Even the officer took her traval document.

Is it decision suppose to come? then why traval document. she never applied.

pls pls pls repsonse. if someone know, or had a same experience.
i will wait for your response.

What kind of travel document? Give us the name and the form number please?

nanok said:
hi.
pls pls pls respond to this!!

remember that i told u that my sister is waiting for her green card approval? and they said that u should wait until october to get a decision. well today she recived a new issued travel document. i don't understand why? her travel document was expired this year. It has been expired. then why they gave her travel doecument for a year. Even the officer took her traval document.

Is it decision suppose to come? then why traval document. she never applied.

pls pls pls repsonse. if someone know, or had a same experience.
i will wait for your response.

thanx for reply.

she is aslyee. but it's says refugee travel document. and i don't know what u mean by form number. can u explain that for me. so i can look for it and tell you.
pls response.

Hello guys!
I didn’t post anything for a long time but I am reading posts every day.
This conversation is very interesting and I decided to tell you my sister’s story.
Please , knowledgeable people, forgive me but this is TRUE .
I just remind you my story: came to US in Feb. 1992 , applied for asylum in April 1992, asylum was granted in 1997 by BIA, I-485 receipt day sept 1998 , I had 3 FP and July 5 interview. To make along story short, my case is a mess. It was lost for several years, was transferred from one location to another and finally they called my husband for interview last year to find out that he is derivative asylum and can not be approved without me being approved. So, anyway all my family had interview last month for the reason God knows, now I am waiting for their decision. But the story is about my sister (I know this is to long, but I had to tell you all this)
My sister and her family came with me, and she was granted asylum in 1993, she applied for her GC in 1994 , then a couple of years later she had interview (that time all people were interviewed) She applied for her citizen in 1998 and in 1999 she became a citizen. This is as I remember, I just called her and ask to look at her files , she still has all documents and she will tell me tonight. I will post her dates hopefully tomorrow. But I am almost sure that she applied for citizen less then two years having her GC.
Sorry for being to long, I thought you might be interested.

Tnx, Irina

Last edited by a moderator:
Irina

Check your PM. I have some information for you.

Irina_C said:
Hello guys!
I didn’t post anything for a long time but I am reading posts every day.
This conversation is very interesting and I decided to tell you my sister’s story.
Please , knowledgeable people, forgive me but this is TRUE .
I just remind you my story: came to US in Feb. 1992 , applied for asylum in April 1992, asylum was granted in 1997 by BIA, I-485 receipt day sept 1998 , I had 3 FP and July 5 interview. To make along story short, my case is a mess. It was lost for several years, was transferred from one location to another and finally they called my husband for interview last year to find out that he is derivative asylum and can not be approved without me being approved. So, anyway all my family had interview last month for the reason God knows, now I am waiting for their decision. But the story is about my sister (I know this is to long, but I had to tell you all this)
My sister and her family came with me, and she was granted asylum in 1993, she applied for her GC in 1994 , then a couple of years later she had interview (that time all people were interviewed) She applied for her citizen in 1998 and in 1999 she became a citizen. This is as I remember, I just called her and ask to look at her files , she still has all documents and she will tell me tonight. I will post her dates hopefully tomorrow. But I am almost sure that she applied for citizen less then two years having her GC.
Sorry for being to long, I thought you might be interested.

Tnx, Irina

Hi everybody I've been following the discussion and decided to post. I have a friend who was granted asylum in December 1999, and in January 2004 he received his green card. After that he applyed for citizenship and he got approved. Meanwhile I receiveed a fingerprint notice I didn't expect cause my I 485 ND is October 2002. Don't know if it means something, but hopefully they are working fast now. :)

to ign82

When did this person apply for the citizenship? Right after he received his GC?
If yes was did he receive a plstic gc or just had a stamp? This is very interesting....Kind of hard to believe.

This is update on my sister’s case as I promised yesterday. I so all papers myself.
She was granted asylum in June 1993 and she filed her I-485 in July 1994. She doesn’t have any letter when her GC was issue but she remembers it was send to her either in late 1995 or early 1996. I so copy of her CG and it doesn’t have issue date but expiration date is 04.01.06 . She applied for citizenship in Dec.1998 and received it in Jun.2000. This is it .
-irina

The last time when I spook to him was few months ago so I don't know what happent, all he told me was he got approved for citizenship. I know its sounds crazy I didn't believe at first but he's not the only person I have talked with about this. I wish to believe this is true cause its gonna make it easier on all of us. But honestly I haven't seen any papers or documents supporting what he told me, so only thing I have is his word.

i don't understand!!!

yesterday i went to the baltimore distric office to find out about my case. i used infopass to get a appointment from internet. anyway, i took my 3 other sister's appointment too. when i went to the counter and speak to the officer. the officer were very very rude. they don't know anything about my case. when i called to NSC service center to find out about my case, they said that they have transfered my case to baltimore on October 13 and i should talk to them. but when i went to the baltimore they said that my file is in virginia? they are saying that my case still pending? it's background check? as all of you that i took my fingerprint on april 30 2004. it's been 6 months now and didn't recive my interview date. what is going on? they said that they don't know anything. they just know that my file is in virginia and it's been transfered in this month (november). u guys help me what should i do? who should i call? the officer of baltimore is very rude to my other sister's too. they were not telling them about their cases too. even though we all have the same case and everything. except my two other sister who is now waiting for their decision. they said that they don't know where their file is?
what should i do? any experience on that?

Nanok,
My case was transferred to the local office San Francisco sept 2003, then it was transferred to the sub office , closer to the place I live now. And finally I was scheduled for the interview 0n Jul 07, 2004. After my interview it took them two month to make a decision on my case and then another two weeks to send me a plastic card. I was a principal applicant. My two children got GC as well, but they (INS) have not made any decision yet on my husbands and my older sons case.
So, it took 10 month to get an interview after my case was transferred
-irina