help me pls

address change problem

Hi, I closing to a house on May 13 and I'm planning to move out that date as well. I'm planning to terminate my apartment lease on May 31. I filed my 3 EAD on March 31 and I'm getting worried that I may not get it by May 31, so I'm looking at extending my apartment for 1 more month. I don't like doing this since it will cost me $900 for rent. Is there any recommended alternative options? Like put my mails on hold in the post office, knowing that USPS does not forward any mails from USCIS (label in the envelope, "don't forward"). The assumption here is my EAD will be renewed in more or less 2 months. My last 2 EAD took 2.5 Months. Thanks, any suggestion is welcome!

ix470001 said:
Hi, I closing to a house on May 13 and I'm planning to move out that date as well. I'm planning to terminate my apartment lease on May 31. I filed my 3 EAD on March 31 and I'm getting worried that I may not get it by May 31, so I'm looking at extending my apartment for 1 more month. I don't like doing this since it will cost me $900 for rent. Is there any recommended alternative options? Like put my mails on hold in the post office, knowing that USPS does not forward any mails from USCIS (label in the envelope, "don't forward"). The assumption here is my EAD will be renewed in more or less 2 months. My last 2 EAD took 2.5 Months. Thanks, any suggestion is welcome!

Aliens granted asylum do not even need EADs to begin with.

Lol

ix470001 said:

I doubt Nanok got the hint. LOL

Change of address works

ix470001 said:

2 yrs ago I moved and left a forwarding address in ANOTHER STATE. My EAD came and was indeed forwarded to the new address. Do not panic. Just go the the local Post Office and fill out a change or address form.It is free. OR u may want to do it online. It costs a Dollar if you do it online.

Last edited by a moderator:
augustasylee said:
2 yrs ago I moved and left a forwarding address in ANOTHER STATE. My EAD came and was indeed forwarded to the new address. Do not panic. Just go the the local Post Office and fill out a change or address form.It is free. OR u may want to do it online. It costs a Dollar if you do it online.

I want to disagree. Back in 2002 I also had to move right before my EAD should arrive.
I left forwarding address with the postal service.
They never forwarded my EAD to my new address. They returned it back to INS.
Two months later I got a letter from INS saying the EAD they issued was returned to them as undelivered and they asked to verify my new address.
I did, I also asked them to return me my EAD, which was completed and ready anyway…
They replied that I need to file another application with new fees. I was mad, I wasted time and money refilling for EAD and now I know – USPS does not forward government issued mail.

ix470001ix470001,
you have to change your address with USCIS. I a meantime you can put your mail on hold. I believe they will keep it up to 1 month, free of charge in a post office.

what is EAD stand for?

i think it's the employment thing right? well if it is then sorry i have no problem with this becasue i am a full time student and i don't work. I didn't renew the EAD becasue i didn't need it.

GC Interview

nanok said:
same as mine!!

we all sister applied I-485 together. got our fingerprint together expect two of my sister did get their interview but didn't get stamped right away. but one of my sister who took interview got apporved today. and one who didn't get interview as same as mine got approved today. only one sister is left to be approved. we all still waiting for her.

Could you ask your sisiter what kind of questions that were asked in the Interview by uscis? Is applicant's passport required during the intermview?
My passport has expired and I don't know what kind of id document should I bring to Interview with CIS?

Please advise.

Thanks

AANL

aanl said:
Could you ask your sisiter what kind of questions that were asked in the Interview by uscis? Is applicant's passport required during the intermview?
My passport has expired and I don't know what kind of id document should I bring to Interview with CIS?

Please advise.

Thanks

AANL

Just bring your expired passport. They know that ur passport is probably expired. Most of the time the national passport is not even required.