****Hearing date rescheduled to June 3, 2004****

So are we attending Court Hearings on June 3rd?

Hello All,
Not a lot of days to go before the June 3rd Hearing, due to upcoming Memorial day Holiday. Is anyone interested in attending the June 3rd courtroom proceedings? I know the last hearing did not go as planned, but we've got to put it behind us and carry on. I think we should start a discussion about possible attendees.

Rajiv do we have any idea on the new venue, Courtroom #, timings etc?
Thanks and hope a few of us can make it!!

GC_YEAHRIGHT! said:
Hello All,
Not a lot of days to go before the June 3rd Hearing, due to upcoming Memorial day Holiday. Is anyone interested in attending the June 3rd courtroom proceedings? I know the last hearing did not go as planned, but we've got to put it behind us and carry on. I think we should start a discussion about possible attendees.

Rajiv do we have any idea on the new venue, Courtroom #, timings etc?
Thanks and hope a few of us can make it!!

I will attend, if I'm in town, else I might not be able to attend, as I will be knowing about my travel only on 06/01/2004.

In tonights speach President Bush wants to give hope to the middle east.. Did they ask for it ? May be not publicly..

I think the Bush government should focus on giving hope to law abiding, tax paying, SSN funding people so that they don't become Law breaking people due to no fault of there's but due to inefficiencies of the government providing all the doors that lead to becoming illegal tax paying aliens waiting for green cards.

I think President Bush needs to come out with a press conference giving hope(real one not the iraqi hope) on to the immigrants so that we can plan our lives...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bush's Dubya speech

The people of Paris rose up and decided to march on the Bastille, a state prison that stood for the absolute despotism of the Ancient Regime.

For all citizens of France, the storming of the Bastille came to symbolize liberty, democracy in the struggle against oppression.

Occupaying force is not in the position to establish or demolish symbols of oppression.

immigrationportal.org Fund Update

"Get 50 people to donate $50 each" campaign
--------------------------------------------
Just donate $50, nothing more. This is a campaign to get 50 people (from all the forums together) to donate exactly $50 each. Based on number of users, i have set the folowing targets for each of the forums as follows :

VSC forum ----- 23 people
CSC forum ----- 12 people
TSC, NSC and Complaint Forums ---- 5 each (total 15 people)
-----------------------------------
Total contributors 50
Total target collection 50*50 = $2500
*CURRENT BALANCE = $17,620 (as of 5/26/2004)
Since the amount ($50) is very less, i request people who havn't contributed yet, to join this campaign and make it a success.
It is time to go to low budget campaigns

Note : After you have contributed, please post it here.

Come on folks , jump in and fill in the following slots for Hall of Fame (Just 5 people)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

--------------- STOP ---------- HALL OF FAME CLOSES ------------

Muppaneni,
Thanks for contributing earlier. This new campaign is for those who have not yet contributed before. I want those people to come forward and contribute $50. It's a small amount and so it's doable :p . I need just 5 people from this forum. In Vermont forum already 8 people have contributed (the target for that forum is 23 people). See the VSC thread :

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128012

Paid $50 - From Nebraska Service Center

dsatish,

Just paid $50.00 through Paypal. I am from Nebraska Service Centre..

Regards,

Sanvibha

Thanks, Sanvibha.
The total fund collected is $18,800.
We need 4 more contributors here to reach the target for this $50 campaign.

1) Sanvibha
2)
3)
4)
5)

Contributed $50 thru PayPal today 05/31/04. Keep up the good work.

dsatish said:
1) Sanvibha
2) EAD2003
3)
4)
5)

pilot program of I485

Here is a little story to share of buying I485 ticket. Hope it is not out of place.

There are several long, very long, lines for buying the train tickets to the same destination where life is a dream, the America dream. The ticket service center usually assigns a policeman to each line to prevent anyone from jumping in line or blocking the access to the ticket window. This practice has been established for years and years. Finally, one big day came when the director of the service center felt the embarrassment of seeing these lines winding and winding, and winding outside the building. The director stewed a bright idea in his big head to improve the efficiency of the service. Here is his decree that one policeman or two should cut his line by half and move the rear half in parallel with the front half, then should make sure that the customers step in from today on should get served first, after then these whoever already in the lines should be served randomly if and only if should the sale person have his/her right mood, and also should have the time left from processing these new comers.

Note: When I am writing this story, I kind of getting to have walked from the line where I have been standing, waiting and worrying for almost two and half years. No wonder not so many people really care about those in lines because of being detached. Not so many care about the suffering either. It is so remote for the unconcerned human to such suffering, so weightless for the lighthearted being to such a burden of uncertainty. However, a civilized, educated and well informed director should have known better than just simply cut the line and forget these people with longest sufferings and disregarded the fairness grows up with civilization.

Many of you have not contributed yet thinking that God will solve the problem or thinking that nobody can solve the problem or some body else will fight against the problem. Take a minute and think about it and you will surely realise that all the three guesses are bad ones. There is no alternate to contributing for immigrationportal.org . This is not a marketing pitch, just a sheer frustration at seeing people facing all kinds of problems at the hands of INS and yet not joining the cleary defined fight against these delays. If any of you have not seen our action plan, please click on "CLICK HERE TO CONTRIBUTE" link in my signature.
Those of you who want to contribute now, may please do so by going to www.immigrationportal.org

Donated 100 $ just now

I have donated 100 $ just now , will ask couple of my friends to donate as well.
I will continue to donate..

Thanks to this Rajiv and all friends who are fighting for all immigrant communities.

visa_chakkar said:
I have donated 100 $ just now , will ask couple of my friends to donate as well.
I will continue to donate..

Thanks to this Rajiv and all friends who are fighting for all immigrant communities.
Hey,
Thanks for joining the fight against GC delays. As you said, it is very important to ask our friends to contribute. People can also collect checks from their friends and post it themselves. The checks should be made in favor of "immigrationportal.org". The address is mentioned on the website (or) click on the FAQ link on my signature.

The total fund collected is $19,000.
We need 2 more contributors here to reach the target for this $50 campaign.

1) Sanvibha
2) EAD2003
3) visa_chakkar
4)
5)

Rajiv,
I wish you good luck for tomorrow's court hearing. Hope they don't postpone it again. I am sorry that i can't make it this time.

I am all the way out in San Francisco and won't be able to attend the hearing. Good luck Rajiv and REPRESENT!