****Hearing date rescheduled to June 3, 2004****

I guess the CIS is playing 'time' game with us.

Since the GAO may approve 2-year EAD before June 3, CIS tries to delay the hearing date to weaken one of our arguments in the lawsuit. On the one side, it may not be a bad thing. The government may try to make up their problems by 'improving their services' through buying some court time.

Cheer up! As long as we persistently fight, it would be a continuous pressure to the government. I hope the whole western world knows that we are fighting with the bureaucratic part of the U.S. government. We are doing our part to advocate democracy.

lowell said:
Since the GAO may approve 2-year EAD before June 3, CIS tries to delay the hearing date to weaken one of our arguments in the lawsuit. On the one side, it may not be a bad thing. The government may try to make up their problems by 'improving their services' through buying some court time.

Cheer up! As long as we persistently fight, it would be a continuous pressure to the government. I hope the whole western world knows that we are fighting with the bureaucratic part of the U.S. government. We are doing our part to advocate democracy.

You are probably right. Looks like they want to implement "delay strategy" everywhere.

If they plan to do some quick fixes before next date then I am concerned since they may have more in their plate to show pseudo-progress. :confused:

Rajiv, in general, are there any action items for us before June 3rd ?

Thanks.

Approval before hearing

I think they want to clear as many cases as possible before they go for the hearing and show the statistics to the judge to win their argument.

For example in last two weeks, the 485 date in Texas moved by two months.

My case of Feb end 2002 was approved this week. (Texas).

That should give you an idea what is going on.

Blame the Tower of Babel

vi00 said:
Not that you need anything Rajeev, but this just to lighten your mood and at the same time pump up your adrenaline.
Best of luck.
I will remember your effort for the good part of my life.

Here is a quote for you from the person of the century ( I am a fan of Einstein). ( and a couple more)

There is not the slightest indication that [nuclear energy] will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will.
- Albert Einstein, 1932.
( Morale -- Anything is possible -- just have the will)

There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home.
- Ken Olson, 1977, President, Digital Equipment Corp.

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.

And finally my favotire sher from Mirza Ghalib's work ( see this in perspeptive to Immigration and GC) -- Also Amitabh said this in Sharaabi.
"Aaj ittna bhi nahien maykhaane mein,
jitna kabhi chhod diya karte thein paymaane mein"

maykhaane ( bar )
Paymaane ( good times)

Best of luck

How about a translation for those of us that are not familiar with the language of Amitabh (or who s/he is/was) :)

The govt. had nothing to do with this

The rescheduling came from the court. We may want to add more plaintiffs. So far we have 30.

This can delay things a couple of months but I think that is the safest strategy we have. And, we will try to avoid the delay by making special request to the court in June.

Fund collection update

Let's keep fighting. The total fund collected so far is $15,700 (approx). To keep it growing, every day we need new contributors. So if you haven't contributed yet, please do so now and then post it here to encourage others to do so.

That means the lawsuit is working :). They better approve everyone (at least those in 2002) before June.

myopinion said:
I think they want to clear as many cases as possible before they go for the hearing and show the statistics to the judge to win their argument.

SirZ said:
How about a translation for those of us that are not familiar with the language of Amitabh (or who s/he is/was) :)

Amitabh is a he. He is considered to be one of the greatest actors that Bollywood (nickname for the film industry in Bombay, India's commercial capital) has ever had.

As for the couplet this is the literal translation -
"Today there is not so much in the bar,
as compared to what I would leave back during the good times."

Hope this helps.

TSC is still mess

myopinion said:

At the same time, people like me whose cases were filed in TSC in August 2001 remain pending! I think I am not alone, I have a feeling that at least 20% cases from these early dates still remain untouched. The guys who are scanning have hard data that will support what I am saying here. Couple of years back they forgot to send us our FPs while applications filed in 2002 were getting FP-ed and approved. Then they sent us our FP and now those are expiring and they are approving cases from 2002. How ridiculous!

I got my FP after 15 months of filing I485 and now 15 months have gone by and I have been told that they will reschedule my FP when they open my file. The current processing date is 2 (two) months past my Receipt Date- when are they going to open my file?

sg_rg2

Little correction , could't help my self cuase i just luv those lines.

"Aaj ittna bhi nahien maykhaane mein,
jitna kabhi chhod diya karte thein paymaane mein"

paymaanne means wine Glass

As for the couplet this is the literal translation -
"Today there is not so much in the bar,
as compared to what I use to leave back in the glass after drinking."

I have a feeling they staged this delay , guess they have this much influence . Did someone check if oly our case was given different date in that court or others were changed too
. The way they have picked up speed they will come back with numbers thats they hv done this much in last 2 moonths and expect to finish this thing in next 6 months or so and make excuse of security checks. And once the case goes away go back to same way. I do't trust them , We must find a way to nail them .

reduction plan

Chat User : Good evening, Murthy. With the new I-140/I-485 procedure as of April 30th, what does this mean for pending CP I-140 cases?

Attorney Murthy : No one knows for sure, as we have written in our MurthyBulletin article, since it is too early to tell. We hope that it does not mean putting existing cases on the slow track, but that seems to be the plan. We had a meeting on Friday, May 7th, 2004 with a senior USCIS official in Washington, D.C. where I was speaking on labor certifications with the Chief of the U.S. Department of Labor for the U.S. The USCIS official mentioned that the game plan is to catch up and bring along all newly filed cases so that they are processed within the 180-day timeframe and then slowly go back to playing catch-up with the previously filed cases. That is their backlog reduction plan.

hidden_dragon said:
Chat User : Good evening, Murthy. With the new I-140/I-485 procedure as of April 30th, what does this mean for pending CP I-140 cases?

Attorney Murthy : No one knows for sure, as we have written in our MurthyBulletin article, since it is too early to tell. We hope that it does not mean putting existing cases on the slow track, but that seems to be the plan. We had a meeting on Friday, May 7th, 2004 with a senior USCIS official in Washington, D.C. where I was speaking on labor certifications with the Chief of the U.S. Department of Labor for the U.S. The USCIS official mentioned that the game plan is to catch up and bring along all newly filed cases so that they are processed within the 180-day timeframe and then slowly go back to playing catch-up with the previously filed cases. That is their backlog reduction plan.

a very good reason why our drive and lawsuit shouldn't lose steam - the activity on forums seems to have stagnated since the hearing got postponed... behind-the-scene activities, if any, should keep us abuzz...

We are in court

CouldNotPost said:
a very good reason why our drive and lawsuit shouldn't lose steam - the activity on forums seems to have stagnated since the hearing got postponed... behind-the-scene activities, if any, should keep us abuzz...

While in court, there can be no stagnation. We are working on various angles.

CSC Instructs Not to Withdraw Previously Filed Cases

Is this funny or what:
As we reported earlier, the California Service Center (CSC) has started a pilot program for processing I-140/I-485 cases. See our April 9, 2004 MurthyBulletin article, CSC Pilot Program on Concurrent Adjudication, available on MurthyDotCom. The program seeks to adjudicate all concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases within 90 days of filing. The program was to start with labor certification-based EB2 cases. As a reaction to this, some people apparently have been withdrawing and refiling cases in an attempt to have them "fit" within the pilot program. The CSC issued an announcement in mid-May 2004 requesting that this practice cease, as it is counterproductive to the backlog reduction efforts.

Not only we are forced to suffer from the backlog, we don't even have the right to withdraw our case. In other words, CIS ordered us to stay put and enjoy the delay. Rajiv, can we use as evidence for their discrimination?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Is it a "request"?

They come up with all sorts of stupid plans to reduce backlog and expect everyone to keep shut? This is ridiculous. Rajiv, please do something about this. GOD BLESS!!!

hidden_dragon said:
Is this funny or what:
The CSC issued an announcement in mid-May 2004 requesting that this practice cease, as it is counterproductive to the backlog reduction efforts.