H1B applying for Asylum

SaagarC

Hi Everyone
I have got H1B visa approved effective from October 2008 but with the consular processing without I94 cards. My OPT will expire on June 2009. So I have to go back to my home country and get it stamped as H1B visa before June. But for that I need to have my recent paystubs. My company has laid me off. So I do not have recent paystub. Also the embassy at my home is very strict these days on H1B visa. If I want to change my status to F1 as well then I need to have the latest paystub which I do not have.

Last time I had came to US was on Jan 2008, which is already a year now.

I want to apply for Political Asylum now. What are the chances for me to get Polytical Asylum.

Thanks

Well, Are you being persecuted in your Home Country? You have to have a well founded fear of returning to your country, you can not base asylum on just not wanting to go back. You have to demonstrate that if you go back HOME you will be Tortured, killed, persecuted god knows what but you do have to have a valid reason and Proof of it as if it had happened in the past.
Good luck.

Chances? About Zero, it isn't going to work. It is quite clear that your visa running out is the sole reason for you wanting to apply.

Hi Everyone
I have got H1B visa approved effective from October 2008 but with the consular processing without I94 cards. My OPT will expire on June 2009. So I have to go back to my home country and get it stamped as H1B visa before June. But for that I need to have my recent paystubs. My company has laid me off. So I do not have recent paystub. Also the embassy at my home is very strict these days on H1B visa. If I want to change my status to F1 as well then I need to have the latest paystub which I do not have.

Last time I had came to US was on Jan 2008, which is already a year now.

I want to apply for Political Asylum now. What are the chances for me to get Polytical Asylum.

Thanks

Yes I have well founded fear of torture and killing in home there on the past. Thats why I cannot return back to my Country.

Oh then, if that is the case you have to apply for Asylum, explain it in a very serious interview, show proof of what you are saying, support your declaration with information related to your case back home and hope for the best.
PEACE

No offense but i have heard many sarcastic remarks from H1B holders in my office about when am i visiting home. I feel so insulted and just take it with a grain of salt. They proudly tell me how they visit their home country every year and i just wish i had this luxury.
But, posts like there make me feel happy about my decision. Asylum is not way to just find a crack into the system and stay legally in US. It involves lots of sacrifice and missing your loved ones. You'll freak out in few years.

What is your home country, and why have you not filed for asylum earlier?

Dafortycal has a good point - the sequence of events (and your own post) seems to indicate a desire to file for asylum based on your layoff. You will need to overcome this if your case is to succeed.