H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Thanks TC for update. I am stuck in Vancouver since 1st week of Nov. Common first name "Muhammad". Knows at least 5-7 other Muhammad waiting for 8-12 months. At least some one got clearance. Does your relative also spell as "Muhammad" . Its very difficult time of life but inshAllah we will go through it ....

I guess now people with name "Muhammad" if get stuck are taken for a long time like 12-18 months and there is no guarantee. This is ridiculous but there is nothing but to wait.

Do any one of you know any "Muhammad" who got the visa b/w 6-9 months ?

Triple citizen could you please reply.

My brother's brother-in-law did not have "Muhammad" (or any other spelling variant) in his full name. He did have an "Ali" however.

Hi guys,
You are scaring me so much.
My middle name is Mohammad and I am from Syria.
I applied for B1 and J1 visa from Damascus before and it takes 2-4 weeks to get the stamp...
I am now planning to apply for H1 visa from Toronto soon. I have to start my job soon.
Is it really taking so long to get the stamp here in Toronto.
In Syria ( one of the evil access countries :) ) it takes only 2 weeks to get the stamp these days.

I am thinking to travel to Syria to get the stamp their after I read your posts....

What si your advice friends...

Urologist , one word for you "Don't go unless it's damn necessary" Google "Murthi forums" where you would find tens of stories people stuck in security clearance.

Its awlays risk and if you get stuck, you would lose job , car , apartment every thing.

Decide wisely and if you think you can wait for couple of years then apply for your green card and get advance payrole and then you would not need this stamping. I am stuck for last 8 months and I had awesome job in top company with 101% perfect paper work for 5 years stay in US, issue is too common name "Muhammad"

I am sorry to hear that many people are stuck in toronto; if you know you are going to be stuck, you can plan accordingly (arrange with the employer, apartment, etc.) to spend enough time in canada. It is expensive; but no choice.
I had also heard that they will call people who are going to get stuck due to security checks. So that gives you some hint to be prepared before departing for canada.
Anyway, does anyone have any idea if it is possible to obtain a list of h1b approved for FY09? Is this public information? Where to obtain it and further does it show the name of the employee in it?

Thank you for any help.

have H1B approval letter but my employment has been terminated(Urgent)

Hi all,
I have my H1B approval letter but my employment has been terminated. I do not have my H1B stamped in my passport as I needed to wait till October to get this done.
I am currently working with TN visa for a new employer and was wondering if I can transfer my H1B now. Is it too late? What is the process?
Thanks

Hi all,
I have my H1B approval letter but my employment has been terminated. I do not have my H1B stamped in my passport as I needed to wait till October to get this done.
I am currently working with TN visa for a new employer and was wondering if I can transfer my H1B now. Is it too late? What is the process?
Thanks

I understand your dilemma and see that you came here to seek advice. However, let me recommend you to talk to an immigration lawyer, asap.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to do Canada landing and I have expired H1 Visa but valid H1B Extension till Nov 2009 and I also have GC filed (waiting for 140/485 as PD is May 2007 EB3).

I have done my Bachelor's in Engineering(Computer Sc) from India.

So which option is better use AVR or go ahead with H1B Renewal Stamping at Ottawa (I have an appointment for Aug 28th).

Any comments :)

Thanks.

Want to Visit my Country

Gurus,

Please help me!

I have been waiting for my green card for past three years. There was a light at the end of tunnel but after an infopass appointment today, I don't even have that hope. There is no telling when I will get my green card, all I have been told is to 'wait'. No one knows how long !!

Last time I visited Pakistan was year 2003. I havn't gone back to pakistan since then and kept waiting. I can't wait any longer. My mom is old and sick, I would like to go back and visit my country and friends.

I am using my EAD card and not using H1-B. I do have 'Advanced Parole' or permission to travel abroad which I have never used becuase of risk involved.

Please tell me what do I do in this siutation :(

Thanks for your response.

Risk

Risk being no body back home understand what it means. i have heard they give hard time to people who have green cards.

Many people have advised me not to use Advance Parole specially when travelling to Pakistan.

Please advise Gurus
I have a very different situation.
I have H4 stamped Visa till August 2009 and I have unused Advance Parole valid till October 10, 2008.
I have EAD as well.
I- 485 Pending more than 180 days.
Approved I-140.
Rest of the world category.
I-485 Receipt Date September 29,2007.
If I travel abroad , do I have to apply for new Advance Parole because I will leave in first week of October for six months or more.
Q 1: Can I come back to US in August before the H4 expires on valid visa but expired Advance Parole?
Q2: If principal applicant applies for third extension of H1 while I am (H4)out of country, is there going to be a problem for dependent H4 third extension ?
Q3: If H4 gets extended, is US consulate abroad going to stamp new extension on H4 candidate who has EAD and expired Advance Parole?

Risk being no body back home understand what it means. i have heard they give hard time to people who have green cards.

Many people have advised me not to use Advance Parole specially when travelling to Pakistan.

I know couple of people who traveled Pakistan on AP and had no issues. Go Pakistan and see your mom, you know it's life and you don't want to have any regrets for all your life. Believe in Allah and don't listen to people who are advising you not to travel. Just make sure you have every thing valid and in place.

hello there
i got my fist stamping at Toronto consulate on 12th aug 2008,
i didnot have any US /Canadian Exep. not any certification ... but still the interview was cool and they haven t ask uch

1)ask for the approval notice from USICS
ok
2)Support Later
provided by employer
3)any family in USA
not the close one ..friends only
4) how many times u have visited ?
after 2004 every year for family and friends

ok we are approving your application u will get the passport in couple of days

best of luck to all of you

Canada visitor visa?

I got the approval for my H1 renewal. The current one expired (with the same employer) so planning to get it stamped in Canada? Do I need Canadian visitor VISA?