H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Any Update on Ottawa ?

What is the condition in Ottawa - have they restarted returning the passports the same day.

Also I need to know what are all the documents that i must carry with me when i go for my first time H1 renewal.
Pl. remember i am a BE(Non IT) degree holder from India and been working in US from the past 2 years.
Apart from D156,157 what other documents should i carry.Should i carry a LAC to support my non US/non IT BE.

Please share your Experiences of Ottawa Stamping ...

Friends,

Please share of Experiences of Ottawa Stamping, My appointment was scheduled for May 15th.

Thanks in advance. :)

H1-B stamping experience in Calgary

Hi,

I am planning to get an appointment to Calgary for H1 B Visa stamping.

Can anyone please tell me any experiences on stamping in Calgary and will be great.

thank you guys

I94 At Border crossing via Detroit

I have 3 yrs H1B visa extension approved. going to Canada on May 14 for stamping. I will be driving From Detroit, MI to Toronto, Canada couple of days before.

Question is: What Do I have to do with my hand written I94 card, which already expired couple of year before. Ofcourse I have new 194 card with my approval.

- Do I have to Submit my Old 194 at border?or Mention anything abou it?
- When I reenter in USA( by land) Do I have to get New I-94?
- At border crossing, What do you say purpose about purpose? Is it Visiting or Visa Stamping?

Your online appointment confirmation has everything you need to take with you.
Thanks

Hi BOE,

Congratulates on getting your passports back with Visa. Do you know or have any information about Pakistani passport holders. How much time the consulate in Ottawa is taking for their visa? Have you heard that Pakistani's got their visas next day?

Will appreciate for your response.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I have H-1B visa stamping appointment on 26 in Ottawa. Can you guide me on how to answer the questions below from DS-156:

Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business

How Long Do You Intend To Stay in The U.S.?

What is The Purpose of Your Trip?

Who Will Pay For Your Trip?

Anip

Last edited by a moderator:
I am schedule for an appointment in Canada on April 26. I started working in January and I have all docs. required by the consulate. I work for a very small company with 4 employees, would that be a concern?

Thanks

Hi Anip1,

Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business
- write your company name or name of manager/HR from your employer office. mention phone numbers as well.

How Long Do You Intend To Stay in The U.S.?
- as long as my visa is valid (xx-xx-xxxx :H1B end date)

What is The Purpose of Your Trip?
- employment (H1B)

Who Will Pay For Your Trip?
- self

I hope this helps.

anip1,
As long as you have the documentation, there should not be a concern even if you work for a company with 4 employees.

Hi,

I came to the US on F1 visa. Due to personal reasons, I had to start working and my H1 started on Oct 2005. Now, I just have to take one course to graduate. I want to go to India in July and I am going to take this course in August.

Can anybody please tell me if this is going to be a problem? In my H1 application, it was mentioned that I was doing MS and my degree was yet to be awarded.

Hello,
I am in Canada on Work permit (I just finished my contract job and presently not working). Is it possible my status in Canada may affect stamping of H1b visa ?
Can anybody suggest me where should I go for stamping (i mean at Ottawa or Toronto?

I went to Toronto 3 weeks back via Detroit.

- I did not submit my old I94 at border (but they took it out in the embassy)

- They did not give me a new I94 when I entered, the immigration officials said the one in h1b visa is good enough.

- I said my purpose of visit is for Visa stamping and they asked me when do I plan to return back.

I have 3 yrs H1B visa extension approved. going to Canada on May 14 for stamping. I will be driving From Detroit, MI to Toronto, Canada couple of days before.

Question is: What Do I have to do with my hand written I94 card, which already expired couple of year before. Ofcourse I have new 194 card with my approval.

- Do I have to Submit my Old 194 at border?or Mention anything abou it?
- When I reenter in USA( by land) Do I have to get New I-94?
- At border crossing, What do you say purpose about purpose? Is it Visiting or Visa Stamping?

I have my interview on April 26th at Toronto.

I had my previous H1 visa Stamped in 2005 which was valid until MAr 2007.I have gone thru a wait time for 4 months in my previous security clearance as i have a very common muslim name. Now i get my new H1b and i need to travel back to pakistan so i am hoping i will get my new visa from toronto without going thru security clearance again.

how much is the chance that i will go thru the same story again? is there anyone who have previosuly get the security clearance and have to wait for it again.

Hey goel_ar,

Everyone picks up their passport the next day from the consulate. The consulate will give you a receipt for your passport after your appt/interview. Show that receipt between 3-4pm (pick up time) the next day at the security office outside the consulate and they will give you your passport. The owner of the passport can have someone else pick up the passport for him/her just as long the receipt is shown. This was my experience at the Toronto consulate. I am not sure about other US consulates in Canada.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have an interview at Toronto Consulate on May 23rd. thanks.

Appointment

Ottawa is very easy to get an appt. Montreal is also OK. Toronto is the toughest to get an appt. Appointments for Toronto are difficult to get.
Try searching around 6 or 7 PM in the evening. Ive had good luck at that time in the past.

I was looking for appointment in Toronto consulate . I found one in 2-3 days. I got the appointment around 7pm.

Thanks,
Arun

Please do notify us of your experience at the consulate.
Thanks

I have my interview on April 26th at Toronto.

I had my previous H1 visa Stamped in 2005 which was valid until MAr 2007.I have gone thru a wait time for 4 months in my previous security clearance as i have a very common muslim name. Now i get my new H1b and i need to travel back to pakistan so i am hoping i will get my new visa from toronto without going thru security clearance again.

how much is the chance that i will go thru the same story again? is there anyone who have previosuly get the security clearance and have to wait for it again.

Thanks for reply

Praren, really appreciate your reply with information.
Did you take tunnel or Bridge?
Can you share of visa stamping experience with us?

I went to Toronto 3 weeks back via Detroit.

- I did not submit my old I94 at border (but they took it out in the embassy)

- They did not give me a new I94 when I entered, the immigration officials said the one in h1b visa is good enough.

- I said my purpose of visit is for Visa stamping and they asked me when do I plan to return back.