H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

H1-B stamping - got a call from US Immigration

Hi,

I made an appointment in Toronto Consulate for Dec.2006 (my 2nd time stamping visa in Canada). Today I got a call from the US Government and was told that my application may be subject to additional administrative checks – no explanation why and no idea how long it might take…

(My education is from US, 2nd H1-B, stamped 2 times previously, filed for Green card, but changed employer and refilling again. Need to re-stamp H1-B since changed the employer).

Did anybody have this experience?

Please help with any suggestions!!!

TVK

I am aware of that fact ....any clue how long does it take though .... assuming that I haven't done anything "wrong"??

Avis[/QUOTE]
My husband is in canada since 1 month still no response..I came across cases with 1 month 2 month & also 3 months.just pray & hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
web_guru2003 said:
Thanks sraghava.

I have got the impression from many posts on the forums tha being the parent of us citizen kids helps. Is this true? I cant understand how can that help? :confused:

It doesn't matter if you are parents of a US citizen child. BUT,
If, the Visa officer sees a minor issue and is auhtorised to apply his/her discretion, there is a good chance that he/she will use his/her discretion favourably if he sees a couple with a small child compared to a single hip fellow. That's human nature.
I remember a posting where a guy with wife and kid fell under TAL and was subject to additional checks, but the VO did not cancel his previous visa so he could return to the US.

LCA Issue

Good morning,
I have my H1 appt coming up om 10/10 in Ottawa... I was just reviewing my LCA papers....and noticed that on the top right hand corner it says....
Form ETA 9035E
OMB Approval: 1205-0310
Expiration date: 30 Sep 2005..

Now my H1 (and LCA) were filed last yr in Oct and my current H1 petition is valid from 01/2006 to 01/2009.

What concerns me is the header 'Expiration date: 30 Sep 2005' on the top of the page of the LCA.
Will this be a show stopper?? Any suggestions??
Thanks!!
anand

uzx said:
I am aware of that fact ....any clue how long does it take though .... assuming that I haven't done anything "wrong"??

Avis
My husband is in canada since 1 month still no response..I came across cases with 1 month 2 month & also 3 months.just pray & hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Hi

Is he a PhD with similar background and came here for H1 extension or restamping!!!! If that is the case I might think over various other options!!!

Avis

it is the LCA expiration date. The H1 application has to be filed before the LCA expires. It has nothing to do with the expiration of the H1.

aiyer100 said:
Good morning,
I have my H1 appt coming up om 10/10 in Ottawa... I was just reviewing my LCA papers....and noticed that on the top right hand corner it says....
Form ETA 9035E
OMB Approval: 1205-0310
Expiration date: 30 Sep 2005..

Now my H1 (and LCA) were filed last yr in Oct and my current H1 petition is valid from 01/2006 to 01/2009.

What concerns me is the header 'Expiration date: 30 Sep 2005' on the top of the page of the LCA.
Will this be a show stopper?? Any suggestions??
Thanks!!
anand

appointment confirmation letter

Please someone help me with this issue. I have an appointment at toronto on 12th of october. But i never received the appointment confirmation package. Is is something wrong?. or should i need to wait for that. thanks for the help

re to Avis

Avisrp said:
My husband is in canada since 1 month still no response..I came across cases with 1 month 2 month & also 3 months.just pray & hope for the best.

Hi

Is he a PhD with similar background and came here for H1 extension or restamping!!!! If that is the case I might think over various other options!!!

Avis[/QUOTE]

He is indian muslim working in IT having bachelor degree from india .he went for restamping of H1 .they sent an email after 8 days saying still no response from washington after that no emails.

rambab77 said:
Please someone help me with this issue. I have an appointment at toronto on 12th of october. But i never received the appointment confirmation package. Is is something wrong?. or should i need to wait for that. thanks for the help

You need to have the appointment confirmation package with you at the time of entering into the visa office. I believe you can download it in pdf format.

Wait time? H1 Visa stamping after 221(g) Suspension

SapZap said:
Dude,

You fall under TAL (Technical Alert List) or some other thing which specifys chemical research ro some other blah blah

They want to check your background and if you have not done anything wrong than assume coming out gracefully.

Any CLue when????

Avis

Same day visa stamping at Vancouver?

I booked an appt on Nov 9th for my h1b visa extension and I did not realize that Nov 10th is a holiday for Vancouver consulate because of Veterans day.

What is the trend these days at vancouver? Is the passport returned the same day or the next day?

thanks a lot in advance,

Hello All,

I went to Ottawa for my h1 stamping and I was given 221(g) saying that my case needs further administrative processing. I was asked to produce all client contracts my company has at this time including the fact that they have work for me at client. If I am not able to produce this with 2 weeks I have been asked to apply in home country.

I have contacted my employer but they are saying it will be difficult for them to produce this within 2 weeks.

Please help what I should I do.

If you can give us more detail to your case even more ppl can be aware of this and can even answer you better....like what u do what kind of doc they asked and one more thing...your company is simply get away with this....if your company should have all contract documented then it does not even take one week, this is what i think

Entry via Land after Visa Stamping in Canada/Mexico

I had my H1B visa stamped in Montreal last month. While entering into US after this stamping through land(Rainbow Bridge - Niagara Falls) - the immigration officer thought I do not need a new I94 -- even though my previous I94 had expired. From what I have learned - in this situation you are out of status. My employer and their attorneys (one of the best known companies) does not see it as a problem. Local INS is not willing to issue a new I94- they just say they have made a note of my entry into US in their system(God knows what that means). So at present I have no proof with me that I entered this country lawfully.

PLEASE MAKE SURE Before leaving whether you will need a new I94 after visa stamping and GET UR I94 on the entry post. BEST THING TO DO IS TO FLY OUT AND FLY BACK IN.......as I am sure they have better officials on the airports -- than on those TOLL-BOOTH immigration points.

GOOD LUCK

You do not need a new I94, where in the world did u learn that in this situation you are out of status. On what bases did you a new H1b stamped.
Look carefully into it and you will see new I94 on it. Usally the same I94 number but with a extend date.
Stop spreading fears, when you have no idea of what you are talking, keep your guess work to your self.

bosheng said:
I had my H1B visa stamped in Montreal last month. While entering into US after this stamping through land(Rainbow Bridge - Niagara Falls) - the immigration officer thought I do not need a new I94 -- even though my previous I94 had expired. From what I have learned - in this situation you are out of status. My employer and their attorneys (one of the best known companies) does not see it as a problem. Local INS is not willing to issue a new I94- they just say they have made a note of my entry into US in their system(God knows what that means). So at present I have no proof with me that I entered this country lawfully.

PLEASE MAKE SURE Before leaving whether you will need a new I94 after visa stamping and GET UR I94 on the entry post. BEST THING TO DO IS TO FLY OUT AND FLY BACK IN.......as I am sure they have better officials on the airports -- than on those TOLL-BOOTH immigration points.

GOOD LUCK

My trip to Toronto for H1 extension beyond 6yrs

I have my I-140 approved and got my 3yrs extension beyond regular 6yrs. The people I interacted with in Toronto Consulate were friendly & professional even though I had to face a little I am invincible kind of attitude from a staff member. I was asked to show just two documents. My approved I-140 and I-797 (apparently its mandatory to show I-140 or approved LC for visa extension beyond 6yrs). I had to pick up my pasport the next day evening.

gcforj said:
I have my I-140 approved and got my 3yrs extension beyond regular 6yrs. The people I interacted with in Toronto Consulate were friendly & professional even though I had to face a little I am invincible kind of attitude from a staff member. I was asked to show just two documents. My approved I-140 and I-797 (apparently its mandatory to show I-140 or approved LC for visa extension beyond 6yrs). I had to pick up my pasport the next day evening.

Congrats!!! Did you show original i140 or copy?

uzx said:
Hi

Avis

He is indian muslim working in IT having bachelor degree from india .he went for restamping of H1 .they sent an email after 8 days saying still no response from washington after that no emails.[/QUOTE]

Any response yet from the US consulate??? when did he get interviewed??

avis