H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

I will be going to Ottawa next week for 6th year re-validation. Can you please clarify on the $100 fees?

Do we have to go to a Bank and pay this or just pay in US$ at the Ottawa consulate itself?.

Thank you in advance.

aiyer100 said:
Thanks everyone for all ur inputs...heres my visa stamping experience..posted in my blog..
http://techie-iyer.blogspot.com/
Hope u all find it useful.
Good luck everyone.

NYT:
You need to pay an application fee of $100 (this is the H1 visa application fee)
and then once approved u need to pay a reciprocity fee of $50.(if u r a citizen of India)

Stamping in Ottawa Consulate

Any one who had recently visited Ottawa US Consulate, please help...
I got an appointment for Oct 26 for H4 stamping. The following are my questions:

1) The Interview confirmation letter generated by the on line system indicates that Stamping for 3rd country citizens needs to be done in their home country. Is this really true and matters?

2) How do I get the Canadian status/permit?

3) Does the stamped Passport return on the same day itself?

Thanks in advance,
KL

Go to the nearest Canadian consulate...dunno where u r from . they have Canadian consulates in Detroit, NY, DC, Buffalo, Seattle...
u r on an H4 visa right??? you would need your husbands I 797, ur appt letter at Ottawa, bank statements, pay stubs of ur husband..maybe ur wedding proof and related docs too..not sure about it.
Check with the Canadian consulate.

No...the next day at 3pm.

RK1971 said:
Any one who had recently visited Ottawa US Consulate, please help...
I got an appointment for Oct 26 for H4 stamping. The following are my questions:

1) The Interview confirmation letter generated by the on line system indicates that Stamping for 3rd country citizens needs to be done in their home country. Is this really true and matters?

Thanks in advance,
KL

Thanks Aiyer for the valuable info. I am from Los Angeles. I think there is a Canadian Consulate here as well.

Did you have any answer for my question 1.

-KL

Hello All
One of my friends recently came to US after getting his H1 stamped from Vancouver.
But the officer at the POE printed his company name incorrectly on the I 94.
Is this gonna be an issue? what can be done?..he noticed it after coming to the US.
please advice....

RK 1971
I have no idea abt ur 1st query...sorry.
I dont know much abt H4 visa stuff...I know that canada is a good option for ppl who studied in the US/Canada and need to get their H1 stamped.
I dont know how things work for H4 visas.
thanks
aiyer

Which is better - phone or NVARS

Hi All,
Can you all let me know what your experiences have been regarding taking an appointment in Montreal? Is it better to call the number provided on the NVARs site or to keep checking online for appointments? How did you all get your appointments at other consulates?

NAVRS.com is always better if you've internet at your work and home.

archuvs said:
Hi All,
Can you all let me know what your experiences have been regarding taking an appointment in Montreal? Is it better to call the number provided on the NVARs site or to keep checking online for appointments? How did you all get your appointments at other consulates?

Re to avis

Avisrp said:
He is indian muslim working in IT having bachelor degree from india .he went for restamping of H1 .they sent an email after 8 days saying still no response from washington after that no emails.

Any response yet from the US consulate??? when did he get interviewed??

avis[/QUOTE]
Still no response ..he gave interview on 7 sept

Anyone with revalidation Rejected but with Valid Visa & came back from Canada

Hi Gurus,
I've a very specific Question/query about the revalidation in CANADA?

Does anyone knows of any person whose New H1B Visa revalidation was rejected (missing one or more of the document requested by the officer) OR delayed (for any reason, could be security clearance) BUT had VALID VISA stamped for some weeks or month, was returned passport and came back to US, OR
Do they (VO) cancel the present stamped VISA (eventhough some weeks or months are still left in the presently stamped VISA) thereby NOT allowing any one to come back and wait there in CANADA itself.

Pls. share your's or your friend or any link/thread which could guide amswering this question.

thanks for all your help.

Hi all,

My appointment was for 17th 9:00 AM at Calgary (Canada).

It’s time to share my experience

I stayed at Marriot ($$$) five blocks away from consulate but I chose that cos it was walking distance, I could see consulate building from my hotel room.

I went to consulate at around 8:25 and waited in line for almost till 9:00 and then security guard took bunch of us to consulate floor with him ( you can not go by your self up there) and then waiting again for 20 minutes for getting security check done. Security guard provided me my number and asked to wait inside. I was called by my number and one lady check all my doc, asked many question (she was responsible for pilling up all of them right) related to my education and work history. I paid my fees at next window and was asked to wait and will be called by my name now. I waited again for half an hour and VO called me by my name ( I saw him checking all my information before calling me.

VO: So, how are you doing this morning?
My Answer: Not great cos I’m tired, arrived early this morning 1:30 at my hotel.

VO: hope you are staying in good hotel
MA: Ya, its better and have good bed.

VO: So, this is your company you work for (Looking at all my I797, total three)
MA: Ya, that’s the one. Company name you see there (I797) is parent company.

VO: start looking for more documents.

VO: Looking at my employment letter. This is what I was looking for.

VO: DO you know about reciprocity fee?
MA: Yes

VO: you have to pay $50 (US) at next window and give me the receipt back.

I Paid my fees and gave him receipt back and he ask me to come and collect my passport in evening after 3:00 PM

I guess that's all, I was all set. Collected my passport (same day) and back in US next day.

If any one have any questions, please do ask. I will be glad to answer them.

I thank this community for sharing all this information here and educating all of us.

:) :) :) :) :) Good luck to you all

Last edited by a moderator:
I797 approval notification

My I797 says that New Delhi has been notified of my approval. If I want to get the H1 stamp from another consulate then do I need to do file I824 necessarily?
Will the Ottawa consulate refuse the stamping if I go there without getting them notified/

Toronto - H1B visa revalidation

Hello,

I am scheduled for visa stamping on 31 Oct 2006 at Toronto. My date falls on a Tuesday. I believe I read it on the website that on Wednesday the Consulate is closed after 12:00pm or so. My question is do we have to collect our passports the same day (i.e., Tuesday) or the next day Wednesday at 3:00pm as usual.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am in the similiar situation dont know what to do?

I am in similiar situation
I want to get h1B & h4 visa stamped in canada from B1. I just got my PR visa for CANADA. currenty I came to US on b1 and got my H1 visa in US NOw I am in my 6th year on h1b with my wife.. I have nevr been out of US and never got the h1b Stamped on my PP. SInce i have to go to India would like to get it stamped. Is there any one who got there visa stamped from b1 to h1 recently in Canada or India please help.. my freinds have adviced me not to try it because you get refused many times... is it TRue???? What is the procedure... or the best way to get it stamped... PLEASE HELP .... my email is nyc691@yahoo.com Bombay Boy

Successful H1b and H4 stamping from Montreal

I just came back (today) from Montreal after getting visa stamp. I got 3 yr stamp based on I-140.
I saw officers focusing a lot on employer information.
Please take copy of I-140 and I-129 filed by your employer.
My employer had provided a very nice booklet having copies of I-129 and company information attached with H1B application. In Montreal, officers were focusing a lot on company information. I saw 3-4 H1 people answering a lot of questions about the company.
I stayed in Hotel Taj Mahal, around 1 mile from consulate. It cost me around 7 can dollars for taxi. Rountrip it makes $14. There is a Travelodge , 1 block from consulate. I will recommend staying there if possible.
For H4, only doc asked was marriage cert.
Please feel free to ask any other questions

yusuf691 said:
I am in similiar situation
I want to get h1B & h4 visa stamped in canada from B1. I just got my PR visa for CANADA. currenty I came to US on b1 and got my H1 visa in US NOw I am in my 6th year on h1b with my wife.. I have nevr been out of US and never got the h1b Stamped on my PP. SInce i have to go to India would like to get it stamped. Is there any one who got there visa stamped from b1 to h1 recently in Canada or India please help.. my freinds have adviced me not to try it because you get refused many times... is it TRue???? What is the procedure... or the best way to get it stamped... PLEASE HELP .... my email is nyc691@yahoo.com Bombay Boy

yusuf691, I am in the exact same position as yours. Went to Canada for Landing purpose and came back using AVR, did not go for Visa Stamping. I am also waiting for the good response from people who got their stamping from B1 to H1. Please let me know if you find an answer for this. I will do the same.

Good Luck

srisree23 said:
hi DSLstart, thanks a lot for the quick reply. I made the reservation just 6days ago and yesterday we have received the appointment confirmation papers. Can you please tell me what should I ask when I call the US consulate officer? Since we have all the paper work and we are Canadian PRs, I thought that we can go for stamping. Do you know when I call the US consulate officer, is it possible to explain all these details? Also is there any email that I can send my questions?

Thanks again for help!!

Hi DSLstart, if I apply for I824 to let the US consulate know in Canada about my H1B visa approval and let the visa officer know about the appointment in advance, is that helps in my situation?

Please share your opinion.

Thanks!!!

H1 stamping

Need some suggestions:

I'm a pakistani female with status changes from b1-f1-h1. I was wondering if I go to toronto for my stamping. Will I incur any problems or issues? Will be subjected to security checks?

Any response will be appreciated.