H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

uzx said:
Any response yet from the US consulate??? when did he get interviewed??

avis
Still no response ..he gave interview on 7 sept[/QUOTE]

Hello....

It took about 38 days (38 CALENDAR DAYS not 38 working days) in my case to receive Clearance response from Washington DC, my interview was on 12th september.

Back in US after 38 CALENDAR DAYS from TORONTO.

Avis

Calgary Appointment

I had interview on Oct. 19, 2006 in Calgary. They want to do my background check so they want me to wait for couple of weeks. I don't know how long will it take. I am still in Canada. I think usually it will take 3-4 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avisrp said:
Still no response ..he gave interview on 7 sept

Hello....

It took about 38 days (38 CALENDAR DAYS not 38 working days) in my case to receive Clearance response from Washington DC, my interview was on 12th september.

Avis[/QUOTE]

Did they ask you any question when you back to consulate office? I am in same situation , waiting for clearance..I have 1yr canadian visa but only 30 days of valid stay? what should I do?

-Ramesh

srisree23 said:
Hi DSLstart, if I apply for I824 to let the US consulate know in Canada about my H1B visa approval and let the visa officer know about the appointment in advance, is that helps in my situation?

Please share your opinion.

Thanks!!!

Can anyone answer this please?

ramesh418 said:
Hello....

Avis

Did they ask you any question when you back to consulate office? I am in same situation , waiting for clearance..I have 1yr canadian visa but only 30 days of valid stay? what should I do?

-Ramesh[/QUOTE]

Ramesh-

When was ur interview?
Was the decision held for Interagency Clearance/Security Clearance?What does ur sheet which u recd from them say?

Is ur older US visa expired?....if not did they cancel ur old visa?

What is ur last valid stay date in Toronto?

Avis

Avisrp said:

-Ramesh

Ramesh-

When was ur interview?
Was the decision held for Interagency Clearance/Security Clearance?What does ur sheet which u recd from them say?

----------------------------
my interview was in oct 19th, sheet says security clearance required. my last visa was F1 and they cancelled that one. My valid stay in canada expires on nov18th 2006.

-Ramesh

Avis[/QUOTE]

All – I just got back from a successful H-1B (7th and 8th year)
stamping in Calgary. Thanks to all those who posted their experience and
list of things to take.

The whole process was very smooth with a little bit of waiting. Had a
9.30AM appt. got there at 9am. Was out by 11am. The CO just asked three
basic questions about how long I have worked at my present house, when I
expect to get my Green Card and whether I owned or rented my place. The
passports were ready for pickup at 3pm same day. Talked to a bunch of
people there and actually one could hear everyone’s interview going on.
Everyone got their visa, a few with some more detailed questions.
Document wise, I submitted the following Passport, I797A, 100 in Cash,
Copy of LCA and I29 and Employer letter along with the DS 156 and 157.
Wasn’t asked for anything else, even though I was prepared with a couple
of folders full.

A lot of H-1B people before me were asked to show their Employer ID
cards and a couple were asked to show their degree copies. One guy was
actually asked for a pay stub.

All in all a very smooth experience. Thanks to all who posted their
experiences and helped me prepare. Anybody has any questions, please
post here, I will check back periodically.

Hi Ramesh...

The clearance takes atleast 30 calendar days that is "minimum". .for most cases..(Mine took 38 days)....if it comes before that it is great....

Regarding ur valid stay in Canada...I would advice you start working in direction of extending ur stay, to be safe.

Believe me .....you are absolutely helpless....Just wait for the time...I went through whatever you must be going now...its pain..!!!!

Avis

ramesh418 said:
Ramesh-

When was ur interview?

----------------------------
my interview was in oct 19th, sheet says security clearance required. my last visa was F1 and they cancelled that one. My valid stay in canada expires on nov18th 2006.

-Ramesh

Avis
[/QUOTE]

H1B Stamping in Vancouver help..

Hi,
will be going to Vancouver on December 18,2006 for H1B Stamping. I've completed masters here in Electrical engineering and currently working for an IT firm, will that be of any issue during stamping?, also will be carrying only 2months paystub though worked with the firm for almost a year. CAn anyone advice me if i'm in a risk doing so...

Thanks.

shakeer said:
Hi,
will be going to Vancouver on December 18,2006 for H1B Stamping. I've completed masters here in Electrical engineering and currently working for an IT firm, will that be of any issue during stamping?, also will be carrying only 2months paystub though worked with the firm for almost a year. CAn anyone advice me if i'm in a risk doing so...

Thanks.

Hey Shakeer,

I think its always better to take more pay stubs but if you don’t have more than two is better than nothing, also include your tax documents of previous years with your business card (If any) and your company ID (secure badge or any thing which states your existence in that company where you have contract or permanent). Take more proof as much as possible in case if they doubt your work history or anything. I think it better to carry more than to get rejected cos if they ask more questions, then you can at least show them something and will have more chances of approval.

shakeer said:
Hi,

Thanks.
I am an Indian citizen residing in Toronto since that last 1.5 years. I am here on a work permit (HRDC), this year I got my H1B petition approved (my company got it done for me from India). My stamping is in Toronto in Nov, and I am really very tensed up. is it safe to get it stamped from Toronto when it is the first time stamping case?

One of my friends got interviewed for his H1B stamping from Toronto more than a month back. He is still awaiting his approval.....so I am scared to death!!!

Actually I got my B1/B2 stamping in 2005 from Toronto and have been to the US almost half a dozen times....do you think I will face any issues to get my H1B stamped from Toronto?

I need the inputs from the experts now...please let me know in case you know of anyone who is working here and got his visa stamped from Toronto.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Also to add on...my husband is in US on a H1b visa...thats the reason why I go to US from Canada once a month at least for a week. Should we be telling the consulate people about this - I cannot lie right if they ask me why I have been going to US every month. So thought that I will tell them the truth that my husband is working there. I am really scared...please suggest if I should carry on with my stamping from Toronto...Hopefully I will not be facing any issues.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

GCwantby2020 said:
Hi,
I am going to montreal,canada on 30st oct for H1 stamping, do we have to fill DS158 form ? Pls let me knos ASAP.

Thanks

I'm also going for H1 visa stampin for 30th october. it is clearly mentioned that SA 158 is required only for F1, J1 visa and M visa. btw my appointment is for 9 :30 AM. See you there

Any one to Toranto on 11/8

Hello there,
Any one going to Toranto consulate on 11/8 ?

Thanks
PD

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 Stamping in Vancouver - How to get I -94?

Hi All,

I am planning to get my H1 revalidated on Nov 27 at Vancouver. I am planning on flying to Vancouver from San Jose, CA.

I am also getting canadian visa from LA. When I board the plane, Am I supposed to handover my 1-94?

How do I get new i -94 after my visa is stamped?

I am planning to get my H1 revalidated on Nov 27 at Vancouver. I am planning on flying to Vancouver from San Jose, CA. I am also getting canadian visa from LA. When I board the plane, Am I supposed to handover my 1-94?

-- If you are using the visa revalidation, DO NOT surrender your I-94. If you are going to Vancouver for your H1 stamping and if you want to surrender the I-94, there are two places where you can do this. 1) When you get the boarding pass, ask the airline officer to remove it 2) if they do not take it, then surrender it to the cdn immigration officer in Vancouver.

How do I get new i -94 after my visa is stamped?

-- You will get it when you go through the US immigration in Vancouver, on the way back to the USA.

US born children in the appointment?

Do we need to include US born children in the appointment so that they will be allowed inside consulate building?. Is baby food allowed inside?.

Thanks
Project_A

web_guru2003 said:
can someone please post the template of letter that i need to get from client? what contents should go in there?

Thanks

I am assuming you are referring to a client of your employer, right? In that case I don't think that you need any letter from them. A letter fron your employer validating your employment, start date, designation role, main resposibilities, current salary and one line of accolade should suffice.