H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

tusharvk said:
the post talks about visa revalidation unit at DOS. what is this about?
i thot visa revalidation program did no longer exist. is it up an running again?
that is can one apply for visa stamp to DOS when their petition is approved and get this stamp within the US itself?
No, the revalidation within US by DOS is still not active. The article is about visa revalidation at overseas consulates and what security measures and checks applicants applying for US non-immigrant visa at different consulates overseas face.

h1b&H4 stamping was success

We went to mexico last week. Office asked about....1)How long I have been working for the current employer 2) When did I came to USA? 3)What is your job responsibilities 4)what is your salary?(Asked paystubs) 5) What is your annual salary 6)where do you live 7)where did you lived previously 8)Show me the proof that you are working this employer(I showed employer letter).....Then he asked me to go and pay the reprocity fee. There were no rejections on that day.

My friend and his family went last week to Canada -toronto. He also got stamped without any hassle. They asked only two questions. 1)Show me your paystubs. 2)Employer letter....Done.

appointment letter

Any recent experiences regarding how much time it is taking for one to receive the appointment letter after booking visa interview appointment through the 900 number associated with nvars.com.

also, how much time in advance of the pp expiry can one apply for indian passport?

would appreciate any insights.

experience in VAncouver

Well folks.. Vancouver seems like the best place to get Visa stamped

Breezed thru the POE in Canada, since already PR

Stayed in the hotel, checked out the direction the same day so that next morning there is no issue.

Stayed in Sandman hotel in downtown, pretty nice hotel a little far to walk to US Consulate though.

Went there around ten since appt. was at half past ten am. Dropped off the bag at cafe Goodfellas in front, charges five bucks.

Stood in line :) chatted around. DO not take any bags or cell or ipods etc. nothing is allowed. Checking took a while, went to first floor and waited there, then went to 20th floor waited there, listened to some pretty interesting interviews. The elderly immi. officer was pretty easy going.

Went for my turn. Asked about the employer, paystubs, asked about my family. Then asked about my traffic arrest, checked my old passport. Asked a few more question about court record on traffic arrest. I was not nervous, since I had all the docs ready.. in case

Luckily didn't need to show anything. He asked me to pay the money at cashier's and come at 3 pm. picked ppt. at 3 pm, same procedure.. no bags etc.

Stayed over the weekend sightseeing, flew back on Monday. No questions asked at POE for USA.

My advice, take all the documents, be..... prepared and then don't fret !!!

If I can get it, you can get it.

good luck

speeding Ticket

Hi VMI

you said you had a traffic arrest. can u tell me what sort of traffic violation was it. i have a speeding ticket about 2 years back. hence need to know more info. it a 70 in 55 zone. i just paid the fine. Do i need to carry any documentation or any other thing.

Thanks
Andy

VMI said:
Well folks.. Vancouver seems like the best place to get Visa stamped

Breezed thru the POE in Canada, since already PR

Stayed in the hotel, checked out the direction the same day so that next morning there is no issue.

Stayed in Sandman hotel in downtown, pretty nice hotel a little far to walk to US Consulate though.

Went there around ten since appt. was at half past ten am. Dropped off the bag at cafe Goodfellas in front, charges five bucks.

Stood in line :) chatted around. DO not take any bags or cell or ipods etc. nothing is allowed. Checking took a while, went to first floor and waited there, then went to 20th floor waited there, listened to some pretty interesting interviews. The elderly immi. officer was pretty easy going.

Went for my turn. Asked about the employer, paystubs, asked about my family. Then asked about my traffic arrest, checked my old passport. Asked a few more question about court record on traffic arrest. I was not nervous, since I had all the docs ready.. in case

Luckily didn't need to show anything. He asked me to pay the money at cashier's and come at 3 pm. picked ppt. at 3 pm, same procedure.. no bags etc.

Stayed over the weekend sightseeing, flew back on Monday. No questions asked at POE for USA.

My advice, take all the documents, be..... prepared and then don't fret !!!

If I can get it, you can get it.

good luck

VMI,

Do you have an MS from US ? I read somewhere that people with non-US degree may have some issues.

H1 stamping

Hello All

I went for my H1 stamping to ottawa. This was my first H1 stamping. I had converted F1-to-H1. My F1 had been stamped in India. When my turn came I handed all the documents. The officer asked me if this was my first H1. I said yes. THen he asked to see my masters degree from US. After sometime he told me that since I dont have any H1 stamp I need to go to my home country and get my H1 stamped there. I told him that since I am busy at work and my company cannot grant me that much of time to make the trip to India. But he said I should have planned accordingly and India consulates give emergency appointments.

I dont know what to do now.

Please share any insights that you guys may have.

sorry to hear about this. do you have a company lawyer that can help you?
this strange.
have heard lot of first time h1b stampings w\out US degrees.
also, emergency appointment program is not working for indian consulates. when one tries to make an emergency appointment, one will see the same dates as the regular non-emergency appointment.
whether non\emergency appointment, what abt the time & money spent in actually making the trip to India just for the purpose of visa stamping?

ash_shah said:
Hello All

I went for my H1 stamping to ottawa. This was my first H1 stamping. I had converted F1-to-H1. My F1 had been stamped in India. When my turn came I handed all the documents. The officer asked me if this was my first H1. I said yes. THen he asked to see my masters degree from US. After sometime he told me that since I dont have any H1 stamp I need to go to my home country and get my H1 stamped there. I told him that since I am busy at work and my company cannot grant me that much of time to make the trip to India. But he said I should have planned accordingly and India consulates give emergency appointments.

I dont know what to do now.

Please share any insights that you guys may have.

Succesfull stamping on the 19th in Toronto

I had a succesfull stamping on the 19th in Toronto

Thank God.... It was very easy. I never thought it would be so easy.

I am at Ramada Inn, which costs around 68 US $/day. Booked it directly by calling them. The consulate is around 1 1/2 mile from the hotel and we also walked there yesterday.

My case is F1-OPT-F1(Phd Discontinued)- H1-H1-H1

My case was a bit complicated as I discontinued my Phd, joined in a desi consulting company, got trapped , didnt have pay stubs for the year 2003 ( for the 2 1/2 months I was with this desi company). Then changed another company, after that I moved a very biggg corporation to finally get rid of the consulting companies who just try to squeeze you.

Sent my passport and my fiancee's to Detroit , got the canadian visa in 10 days.

Today morning, went to the Scotia bank on 44rth king st at 8:30, paid the 100 $ fee, took the reciepts, went to the consulate at 8:40 and my appointment was at 10 am
Surprisingly, there was no rush at all, it took me just 15 mins altogether to give my forms initially. The lady noted all the dates of my F1 and H1. asked my previous H1B copies. I just gave her photo copies of it (as the consulting company didnt give me the original). She just cheked the dates and gave them back to me. She also put a green slip in my file.

After 1/2 hour around 10:20 or so, I was called at Window # 3, she just asked me two questions as where I went to school, which degree, how long I am working with my present company, and where I worked before. Thats it. He asked me to pay the fee. I didnt have to open the big files, which I carried at all. The interview lasted only for about 15 seconds. I just trusted God and it worked for me.

I paid the fee and was out by 10:30.

I was browsing this website for almost an year now. So please ask me if you have any questions. I would be very happy to answer.

There were only 2 counters open and two guys aged above 50 are interviewing. All the time I was there, every one got their visas.

Just have your documents and eveything would fall in pace.

Thanks,
Vivek

questions

Congratulation..............I also have interview in toronto in February.........I am on H1B but got stamped in London.....and this would be my second stamp.......Will it effect my stamping as i have no stamp from home country.......plus i have education from home country only.....Does it matters.......
looking forward......

vivek1122 said:
I had a succesfull stamping on the 19th in Toronto

Thank God.... It was very easy. I never thought it would be so easy.

I am at Ramada Inn, which costs around 68 US $/day. Booked it directly by calling them. The consulate is around 1 1/2 mile from the hotel and we also walked there yesterday.

My case is F1-OPT-F1(Phd Discontinued)- H1-H1-H1

My case was a bit complicated as I discontinued my Phd, joined in a desi consulting company, got trapped , didnt have pay stubs for the year 2003 ( for the 2 1/2 months I was with this desi company). Then changed another company, after that I moved a very biggg corporation to finally get rid of the consulting companies who just try to squeeze you.

Sent my passport and my fiancee's to Detroit , got the canadian visa in 10 days.

Today morning, went to the Scotia bank on 44rth king st at 8:30, paid the 100 $ fee, took the reciepts, went to the consulate at 8:40 and my appointment was at 10 am
Surprisingly, there was no rush at all, it took me just 15 mins altogether to give my forms initially. The lady noted all the dates of my F1 and H1. asked my previous H1B copies. I just gave her photo copies of it (as the consulting company didnt give me the original). She just cheked the dates and gave them back to me. She also put a green slip in my file.

After 1/2 hour around 10:20 or so, I was called at Window # 3, she just asked me two questions as where I went to school, which degree, how long I am working with my present company, and where I worked before. Thats it. He asked me to pay the fee. I didnt have to open the big files, which I carried at all. The interview lasted only for about 15 seconds. I just trusted God and it worked for me.

I paid the fee and was out by 10:30.

I was browsing this website for almost an year now. So please ask me if you have any questions. I would be very happy to answer.

There were only 2 counters open and two guys aged above 50 are interviewing. All the time I was there, every one got their visas.

Just have your documents and eveything would fall in pace.

Thanks,
Vivek

Successful Stamping at Toronto

Guys..Had Successful Visa Stamping at Toronto Last week. Looking at this forum for last 3 months..My turn to post my experience.
First stamping at chennai and Second St.Louis and a Bachelors degree holder.

Stayed at Days Inn 5 miles from the consulate. Nice hotel. Free breakfast plus internet access.
There is a parking spot opposite to the consulate entrance for $10 max per day. Had appointment at 9 AM. Showed the appt letter and had the security check . They did not allow cell phones. A guy before me had a cell phone and was asked to dispose the cell phone outside the consulate and enter again.

Then I joined a line of people waiting to submit the application in this order
Passport
Apt letter
Scotia Bank $100 receipt
797 Approval

There was a person before me without the scotia bank receipt. He told he can pay cash. But the lady gave a scotia bank receipt and showed the directions to the nearest scotia bank and asked him to go and get the $100 receipt. They are nice and helpful. BTW I am still wondering how come that guy entered the consulate without the scotia bank receipt..

The lady at the counter checked my forms and asked me to fill some information which I missed in form 156. She noted how long I have been in H1. Then I was waiting in the hall. I took a book with me to read during the waiting time. During my waiting period I was able to hear clearly some interviews by the officer. General questions...But I didnt see any rejections.

My name was called and I greeted the officer. He asked me
When I entered in H1
How long I have been working in the current company
What does my company do
He also asked me to show the I129 petition..he checked a few things and gave it back.

He told me - Everything looks okay and to go and pay the reciprocity fees. Paid the $50 fees in the 3rd floor and came back and gave the receipt to the officer and he issued a token to come and collect the passport the next day. Remember the 797 approval also is being taken and issued the next day along with the passport.

Once the appt is over, You can do some shopping in downtown. Lot of Indian restaurants in Toronto..You can have authentic food there. There are 2 Saravana Bhavan hotels (branch of a popular restaurant joint in chennai,India)

The next day went around 3 PM and collected the passport and approval. I noticed they took the I94. Drove back to detroit. At the border they told me to go to the immigration office and get the I 94. Paid $6 and got the I 94.

Before going to Toronto like every other individual I was also worried..But I guess there is nothing much to worry if we have all documents.

Was this your First H1?

Hi ,

I am going for my first stamping just wanted to know whether this was your first stamping? and on what visa were you before.

ciscodude said:
Guys..Had Successful Visa Stamping at Toronto Last week. Looking at this forum for last 3 months..My turn to post my experience.
First stamping at chennai and Second St.Louis and a Bachelors degree holder.

Stayed at Days Inn 5 miles from the consulate. Nice hotel. Free breakfast plus internet access.
There is a parking spot opposite to the consulate entrance for $10 max per day. Had appointment at 9 AM. Showed the appt letter and had the security check . They did not allow cell phones. A guy before me had a cell phone and was asked to dispose the cell phone outside the consulate and enter again.

Passport
Apt letter
Scotia Bank $100 receipt
797 Approval

There was a person before me without the scotia bank receipt. He told he can pay cash. But the lady gave a scotia bank receipt and showed the directions to the nearest scotia bank and asked him to go and get the $100 receipt. They are nice and helpful. BTW I am still wondering how come that guy entered the consulate without the scotia bank receipt..

The lady at the counter checked my forms and asked me to fill some information which I missed in form 156. She noted how long I have been in H1. Then I was waiting in the hall. I took a book with me to read during the waiting time. During my waiting period I was able to hear clearly some interviews by the officer. General questions...But I didnt see any rejections.

My name was called and I greeted the officer. He asked me
When I entered in H1
How long I have been working in the current company
What does my company do
He also asked me to show the I129 petition..he checked a few things and gave it back.

He told me - Everything looks okay and to go and pay the reciprocity fees. Paid the $50 fees in the 3rd floor and came back and gave the receipt to the officer and he issued a token to come and collect the passport the next day. Remember the 797 approval also is being taken and issued the next day along with the passport.

Once the appt is over, You can do some shopping in downtown. Lot of Indian restaurants in Toronto..You can have authentic food there. There are 2 Saravana Bhavan hotels (branch of a popular restaurant joint in chennai,India)

The next day went around 3 PM and collected the passport and approval. I noticed they took the I94. Drove back to detroit. At the border they told me to go to the immigration office and get the I 94. Paid $6 and got the I 94.

Before going to Toronto like every other individual I was also worried..But I guess there is nothing much to worry if we have all documents.

Sorry to hear that, I can understand the stress you are going through right now. I went to Ottawa in Jan 2005 to get my H1 stamped and that was my first time going from F1 to H1, i was held there for over 2 months , I was able to get my passport stamped but the only difference between your's and my case is that I was Canadian resident. Did you tell your current situation to your employer, these conulate people usually wont listen to anything, they have their own mind set..honstly i am not sure what advice should I give you..

tusharvk said:
sorry to hear about this. do you have a company lawyer that can help you?
this strange.
have heard lot of first time h1b stampings w\out US degrees.
also, emergency appointment program is not working for indian consulates. when one tries to make an emergency appointment, one will see the same dates as the regular non-emergency appointment.
whether non\emergency appointment, what abt the time & money spent in actually making the trip to India just for the purpose of visa stamping?

221(g)

Hello All,

Please help !!! This is urgent. A friend of mine suggested this site to me.. I went for H1 stamping in Toronto, Canada yesterday. This was my second stamp. It was a straigtforward renewal.I got my first H1 stamp from Mumbai Consulate. I have a BE with over 7 years of experience in IT. I work for a big networking company. The visa officer asked for my I129, 797,company letter, pay stubs, my BE degree certificate, transcripts for BE. After sometime he gave me the passport back saying that he cannot evaluate my credentials and that I need to apply in my home country. I showed him all previous experience letters,pay stubs, 797 approvals.But he insisted it is difficult for him to issue stamp based on a foreign degree even though I work for employer which is among top 7 networking companies in the world. He marked my passport as 221(g) and asked me to apply in mumbai consulate where I got my first stamp. He told me that it is nothing to worry about and lately lot of people are getting 221(g) if their foreign education cannot be evaluated properly. I saw on this thread that few more people got rejections.. guys if u are reading this please advise...please... I am already in the process of booking an appointment with Delhi consulate as mumbai consulate is not issuing any early emergency appointments...

Please any advise will be appreciated....

I do not know what to tell you..Bad luck..
Is your US visa expired or unexpired or the consulate people cancel your current visa. If not expired you can come to the USA and then plan for your stamping in India.

If your Visa is expired..which sucks...Be patient..sit on the internet frequently and try to get an appointment soon in India...I really understand the amount of pain you are undergoing right now..Just a few words of consolation my friend..Good Luck

vijayshah,

I can understand. I just went through the same thing. I am in India right now and have an appointment in Delhi. I think you must first have a cool mind. try to get appointment in delhi as it is better as of now for emergency apt. I will keep u posted my experience at Delhi consulate. I think if we had just come to India for stamping that would have been better instead of going through so much. The only thing I see common between you and me is that we have same last name. But still the reason for rejection for u and me are completely different. You can have my personal email to communicate with me further if u would want to know my delhi stamping experience.

ciscodude said:
Passport
Apt letter
Scotia Bank $100 receipt
797 Approval
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience. I am new in this and gatherin as much info as I can since I am planning to go to Canada for stamping next year. What are the 156 and 157? (I'm very new in this)

What is the I129 petition?

Don't the immigrant officer at the Canadian border take your I-94? Did you enter Canada from USA or India? I thought the US immigration officer keeps the I-94 whenever you leave USA.

I'm sorry if I sound dumb not knowing many things, but I do not know many things. The firm I work with did the whole process with their lawyers which I never met. The only things I have are a copy of the I-979C and a new I-94.

Thanks for any additional information