H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

As far as I know, you should be just fine. They usually don't cancel the exisitng visa. Only thing, they may not stamp the new one. So, you can get back in to the country using the old unexpired visa.

Risk is only a probability of getting into background check etc. No one can predict exactly what will happen to your case.

If you have a muslim name or you are from muslim country (I know Malaysia has some muslims - however, I am not sure if it is considered as "muslim" country) you risk is high.

The way I look at it, if you HAVE to have the visa, then you will have to take the chance. If you don't need to travel for the next 2 to 3 years, then you can postpone.

In your case, since you still have the old visa left, I think you are just fine.
ela
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpunna
Hi All,

I have appointment at Ottawa on July 23rd for h1b renewal. My education is from India and my previous h1b is issued in Malayisa.

my questions are:
1) will it be risky to attaned for visa?
2) my h1 is until oct 2007. i am going before 2 months. incase if they ask to go to india, can i come back to US?

Pls help me

I have appointment in Ottawa on 23rd July. What time is yours. I'm flying directly to ottawa. Planning to stay in Downtown hotel.

As far as I know if your VISA is declined for any reason, CO will generally cancel all the existing visas.unquote

I also have an appintment on Aug 22 2007 at 8.30 AM

Please let me know how you guys are going there . I mean by air or by raod . which is the best place to stey there . if any body is going there by road I am willing to join him please e mail me cpahelp999@yahoo.com or you can call me on my cell which is 718-312-2777

Thanks

Malaysia is indeed a muslim majority country (60%) and a founding member of the OIC. However from a visa perspective, it is considered a "low risk" country by the State Department. Individuals may be delayed on a case by case basis, but in general Malaysian citizens have not had problems acquiring visas from the US and other western hemisphere countries.

If you have a muslim name or you are from muslim country (I know Malaysia has some muslims - however, I am not sure if it is considered as "muslim" country) you risk is high.

I have visa appointment in Tijuana,Mexico on Aug 2nd 2007. If anybody is attending the interview on the same day and going from LA, let me know.we can go together or we shall meet there. My email ID is chatdharmi@yahoo.com

Mani..

As far as I know, you should be just fine. They usually don't cancel the exisitng visa. Only thing, they may not stamp the new one. So, you can get back in to the country using the old unexpired visa.

Risk is only a probability of getting into background check etc. No one can predict exactly what will happen to your case.

There wouldn't be much point in a background check for a visa application if anyone could just re-enter the US on some other visa, would there? Of course they'll cancel any existing visas. The point of the background check is to determine whether someone should be issued a visa. If the answer is no, but the person has already gone back to the US, it would have been a lot of wasted effort for the US government to do the background check, wouldn't it?

Some people have been able to re-enter the US while background checks are pending. After the TB guy was able to enter the US, this might not be as easy as it used to be.

Urgent Help Needed

Friends

I have changed my appointment from 08/22/2007 to july 16, 2007.

My biggest problem is that JULY 16 is Monday and I have an appoinment at 9.00 clock . I need to deposit $ 100 before 9.00 am but the scotia bank open at 9.00 clock and I am reaching ottwa on sunday and bank will be closed on sunday what should I do

1- Can I deposit the money on 9.00 am and go to embassy five minute late

2-Can I ask my friebds in canada to deposit money today in any branch of scotia bank

3-what about deposit slip will I have to fax the deposit slip as well to my friend in canada ???

If any body can help me in this matter please please e mail me at cpahelp999@yahoo.com or call me at 718-312-2777

Tanveer

Hotel

Hi,

Any one please give me some details which hotel is very near to Ottawa US consulate and less price?

Thanks
jdk98

H1 stamping at canada strategy

hi,
i am planning to get my h1 stamped in canada. my first 3years were stamped in india, this is the second 3yrs that i need to get stamped now. my h1 is valid till may 2008.
i must say that going through the posts here has scared the s*** out of me in terms of what people have to face if they are put on the background check.
i have an engg degree from india and is in the us for the last 5 years.
i also have an approved 140 (narrowly missed the 485 filing on july 2nd)

should i go ahead trying to stamp my h1 in canada ?
if yes, where should i attempt ? ottawa or quebec ?
is there anything that i need to worry about, specialy about the TAL ? i work for a software company that makes software for pharma companies.

are there any dos and dont or general strategies that i need to be aware of ?

i know i am looking for a lot of guidelines here. any help will be appreciated.

H1b visa stamping in Toronto

Hello everybody,
I got approval for h1b visa. I am thinking to go Toronto Consulate for visa stamping. Right now my status in Canada is “work permit”.
Could anybody suggest me.....which kind of questions, I may have to face?
I will appreciate it.

Thank you,

Pari

please share experience / H1B interview

Hi:

I've got my H1B approval but as I check the website of US consulate in
Dubai the very first day is September 15th and considering that the
work will start 1st Oct what would you recommend?

by the way would the Us consulate in Dubai contact me once they
recieve the documents from USCIS or should I get an appointment for
the interview online?

Thank you in advance

I am trying to combine Paris2007s question also.
First of all, they don't ask any trick questions. So, there is no reason to be nervous about questions. These questions (if out of the ordinary) comes out due to your background/circumstances. These days, except for your backgroun (muslim country) or if your background is history degree and you are doing software (doubts arise about the authenticity of your documents) or you work in a field that is listed under TAL, you have higher risk, otherwise you will be ok.
You can work for a pharma company, however if you work strictly in the IT (not doing scientific experiments) then you don't fall into TAL.

General risk categories have been discussed above. So, if you don't fall into it, you are going to be fine.
thanks
Ela
hi,
i am planning to get my h1 stamped in canada. my first 3years were stamped in india, this is the second 3yrs that i need to get stamped now. my h1 is valid till may 2008.
i must say that going through the posts here has scared the s*** out of me in terms of what people have to face if they are put on the background check.
i have an engg degree from india and is in the us for the last 5 years.
i also have an approved 140 (narrowly missed the 485 filing on july 2nd)

should i go ahead trying to stamp my h1 in canada ?
if yes, where should i attempt ? ottawa or quebec ?
is there anything that i need to worry about, specialy about the TAL ? i work for a software company that makes software for pharma companies.

are there any dos and dont or general strategies that i need to be aware of ?

i know i am looking for a lot of guidelines here. any help will be appreciated.

thanks @ela6.
my background and paperwork is crystal clean and my work is strictly IT.
is it worth the effort going to canada and getting it stamped ?
in the rarest possibility if i get stuck i'd rather get stuck in india.
what do you think ?
but if its a breeze getting it done in canada i'd do it. would save me one more thing to do when i go to india.
your opinion matters.

First of all, they don't ask any trick questions. So, there is no reason to be nervous about questions. These questions (if out of the ordinary) comes out due to your background/circumstances. These days, except for your backgroun (muslim country) or if your background is history degree and you are doing software (doubts arise about the authenticity of your documents) or you work in a field that is listed under TAL, you have higher risk, otherwise you will be ok.
You can work for a pharma company, however if you work strictly in the IT (not doing scientific experiments) then you don't fall into TAL.

General risk categories have been discussed above. So, if you don't fall into it, you are going to be fine.
thanks
Ela

The biggest issue with getting stuck is about work. Basically, you may not be able to enter back for 2-3 months which in many cases mean that one cannot work.

In case you get stuck in Canada, you can always fly to India from there that way you get to spend time at home. (just in case)

If your docs are find, you have a good degree, don't work in a scientific field, don't have a muslim name, I really don't see a problem. I know that time and again people had looked for assurance that they will get the visa. The truth of the matter is that it is only a probability factor and in your case the probably of getting visa (without getting stuck) is high.

These days they give you a fixed appt back home in India. All it means is that you will spend 2 days of vacation there for visa (I do understand how valuable it is). If you do that you will save on the travel, visitor visa for Canada, etc.

Both options are fine for you. So, go for any of the two. Good luck.

Just take all the docs (if possible originals- useful if they want to verify) that you could including a letter from your employer that explains your job responsibilities.

Thanks
ela

thanks @ela6.
my background and paperwork is crystal clean and my work is strictly IT.
is it worth the effort going to canada and getting it stamped ?
in the rarest possibility if i get stuck i'd rather get stuck in india.
what do you think ?
but if its a breeze getting it done in canada i'd do it. would save me one more thing to do when i go to india.
your opinion matters.

My wife applied for H4 to H1B(change of status) which is approved now.But after applying she did go out of country for 1 month.
Now she is back to US.But INS mentioned in approval notice that applicant left the country so it won't be change of status now.
Can we still go to Canada(vancouver) for stamping.
Do we need to apply for I-824,application for action on approved petition to change the consulate to Canada rather than India.

What are the risks associated in going to Canada for stamping?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks ela,
As I'm going to work as software developer.....Is it possible I may be in problem ?
one more question....do the people from consulate really worry about the status in canada....

Thanks again,

thanks
Ela

Software engr should have no problem

The residency status of Canada has no bearing on visa stamping...
thanks
Ela
Thanks ela,
As I'm going to work as software developer.....Is it possible I may be in problem ?
one more question....do the people from consulate really worry about the status in canada....

Thanks again,

Hello,
I have heard that the chances of rejection in Toronto is more than that of in Ottawa. Is that right ?
Please anybody advice me which is better for h1b visa (first time) stamping-toronto or ottawa ?

Thank you,

Please help me

Hello ,
I have very confussing situation. I am in Canada and I have implied status in canada...That means my previous status is already expired and I have already applied for my stay in Canada on new status but not received any reply from the canadian consulate yet. This status is legal status to stay in Canada until I get reply from Canadian consulate regarding my application which I have already made.
Now I also want to go for H1b visa stamping. Should I go for visa stamping on this status in Canada or I should go to my home country for h1b visa stamping.
Please advice me.

Thank you

Stuck in Vancouver

Hi..

I had my H1B visa interview on 18th July 2007 in Vancouver. I am an F1 converting to H1B. My PhD/MS is in Chemical Engineering. After the interview I was given a white sheet with title "Further Processing Required". Then the VO asked me to fill up an information sheet with questions related to my education background and work experience. This I submitted at a separate window, where they told me that this is a regular check that they have to perform. They kept my passport and other documents - I797 original, letter from employer. They said they will email me in 3-weeks or so. This is very frustrating. Anybody in similar situation please reply. I am a bit shocked and confused as to what to do. I would appreciate anyone telling his/her experience.

Does anyone has any idea how long it actually takes.

Thanks..

BTW -
1. I donot have have a common name and I am from India.
2. The white sheet does not say 221(g) or any case #. In the main text of the white paper it does not say it is pertaining to TAL however, there is a small footnote refering to the document as TAL.page1.doc
3. I asked them if I could leave Canada and go to my home country and they said it will be easier to get the visa from here.

Hi all
I have my visa interview for h1b next month in the halifax consulate in canada, could anyone help me as how the process will be. Currently I am doing my masters in computer science from a canadian university and I have not yet finished my degree , in the mean time I also got a call for interview as my h1b is approved- How do i face this situation if the embassy people ask me , pls help???

Hi All
I have my visa interview for h1b next month in the halifax consulate in canada, could anyone help me as how the process will be. Currently I am doing my masters in computer science from a canadian university and I have not yet finished my degree , in the mean time I also got a call for interview as my h1b is approved- How do i face this situation if the embassy people ask me , pls help???