H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

Why nobody is posting in this thread after nov 27th.Nobody has gone to chennai for visa stamping after that day??????

My freind's wife got H4 visa after 1 year wait in the 3rd attempt from Chennai consulate..Here are the sequence of steps during her 3 visits..

1 Query) Asked 10 Queries like Company & Apt photos, Paystubs, all W2 forms, assignments for the next 12 months, previous client contact informations, bank statements for the past 1 year.

2 Query) Tax returns from IRS from the beginning

3 Query) got a call from consulate to provide Present client contact information (like PM,PL details), recent paystubs. Also received a letter from TTS visas for recent Bank statements. Finally she got the visa after 1 hr interview.

H1 B 7th year travel to India

I also plan to travel in Feb of 06 to India. I am on my 7th year. Should I get it stamped in Canada before go? Or is the process risk free. If there is risk can somebody let me know what the issues are?

Also on the VFS interview appointment website, I see that if you from the US, you have to wait a month before to get an appointment. is that true or can I book now?

where did you see that you have to wait for one year before getting an appointment? can you specify the link?

is emergency appointment possible for ppl working in US and just needing to do their visa renewal?

garp said:
I also plan to travel in Feb of 06 to India. I am on my 7th year. Should I get it stamped in Canada before go? Or is the process risk free. If there is risk can somebody let me know what the issues are?

Also on the VFS interview appointment website, I see that if you from the US, you have to wait a month before to get an appointment. is that true or can I book now?

it is an error in my message, i guess. but do you see any appointments available in one month from now?
I am not seeing any. even emergency appointments (for h1b renewal people returning to work in US) are not available. may be I am missing something?
garp said:
my message states 1 month

Hi Vgsss,
When you have all experienced letters when you went for visa interview why do u need to give additional documents. Those documents Co asking for should be given by your new employer.They need to give cleints names,projects names you r going to work, Their description,their time period,location,middle agents(if applicable).I think this is impossible if the employer is a small consultancy or medium one. Its only possible if its infosys,wipro,tcs,satyam or cts becos they already have client and sends employee to these clients only.
Only god can save new H1 applicants.All are ridiculous rules from consulate.If this is the case Consulting companies cannot survive and has to close in new H1s case.

vgsss said:
Hi friends,

I have attended Visa interview at Chennai last week and has been issued 221G.Consular officer asked me to submit the following documents. When I informed this to my employer I had a positive response ,at the same time they have informed me like I need to prepare some documents.In their words "We have gone through the 221g. the documents asked from previous company that is client and work experience and point of contact is for you to prepare.

But what I believe all the following list of documents has to be given by my Employer .

---> A list of all of the petitioner’s active projects. Identify the client and point of contact with the client, including a phone number and email address of that person. If the contract with the client is held by a third party, provide names and contact information for that party as well. Do not send a batch of contracts in lieu of this documentary requirement.

---> A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which the beneficiary will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned to it, location of the worksite, and a marketing analysis for the final product.

---> A complete itinerary of services or engagements specifying the dates of each service or engagement, the names and addresses of agent, the names and addresses of actual employers, and the names and addresses of the establishment, venues, or locations where the services will be performed.

Could any one of you please confirm that whether all these documents to be given by my Employer (OR) is there anything I need to prepare from my side for the above 3 documents.

Kindly let me know your experience / comments on this.

Thanks and Regards

SV

What should I answer for this question for my wife who will be applying for h4

question 36. Has any one ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf
Yes or no
if yes ? who ?

My wife has applied for I-485 (adjustment of status). should we answer yes or no?.

Is filing 485 considered as Immigrant visa or only the 140 applicant should be the immigrant petitioner.

if she filed 485, then she can also apply for ead\ap and get these in six months; after that there would be no need for h4 stamp on the passport.
gc_mar_2004 said:
What should I answer for this question for my wife who will be applying for h4

question 36. Has any one ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf
Yes or no
if yes ? who ?

My wife has applied for I-485 (adjustment of status). should we answer yes or no?.

Is filing 485 considered as Immigrant visa or only the 140 applicant should be the immigrant petitioner.

Chennai Consulate - Rescheduling Of Visa Appointments - Important!!

Nonimmigrant Visas
Important Information About The Re-Scheduling Of Nonimmigrant Visa Appointments Made Between December 30, 2005 And January 31, 2006

***(This only applies to appointments made with VFS.)***
A regrettable error has resulted in an over-scheduling of nonimmigrant visa appointments for December 30 and for each day in January. The Consulate does not have sufficient staff to process the overbooking and we have been forced to re-schedule some January appointments to February.

We apologize for the inconvenience the re-scheduling may cause applicants and we shall make sure that applicants who booked an appointment in January will be accommodated by the end of February. In an effort to accommodate all applicants, the Consulate plans to open on two Saturdays in January (the 7th and the 21st) and three Saturdays in February (the 4th, 11th and 25th).

VFS will inform applicants of their new appointment date via e-mail or telephopne. Applicants who come on the originally scheduled date will not, repeat, not be processed. Please bring the VFS e-mail with you. The text of the e-mail is as follows:

“Dear Applicant,

“The Consulate General of the United States of America regrets to inform you that your appointment has been changed from January____________, 2006 to February________, 2006 as detailed below.

“Due to an error, there has been a significant overbooking in the nonimmigrant visa appointments scheduled for the month of January 2006. The Consulate has been forced to move some appointments from January to February”.

“We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please note the time and date of your new appointment and be assured that we shall process your application on that date.

“Please do not come to the Consulate on the date originally scheduled, as your name will not be in our records and we will not be able to process your application.

“If the new date is not convenient, please reschedule an appointment in March or April or later in the year. You may only reschedule via the VFS website after your original appointment has passed.”

In re-scheduling the overbooked appointments, we have moved all appointments made for December 30, 2005 to January 7, 2006. We have not changed any student visa appointments except for those scheduled on December 30th.

Please do not request an emergency appointment during January and February 2006. If any surplus capacity does become available, we shall add it to the VFS website.

Again, we regret the inconvenience this has caused you just as we regret the additional work that it has made for us.

jay22 said:
Hi
I am on H1 visa with 7th year running and i got an 7th year extension as my labor is more than year old. I am going for Visa Stamping appointiment on Dec 15th in Chennai ,and i had taken the appointment through tts website around August month..
i have following questions.
1. Is it 3 DD's ? Two of 4,600,2300 payable to "American Consulate General,Chennai"
and another DD of 441 payable to "TT Services"?
2. Should i take DD's in HDFC Bank only or can take any other bank?

3.What are my chances of getting visa stamping. I was never out of status,W2 and tax papers are clean..

I would appreciate your respone
Thanks
Jay
Jay 22,
How was your visa interview experience? What questions were asked? Please post your experience. Thanks!

www.ttsvisas.com site down ?

I had made an appointment for Jan 19th '06 through www.ttsvisas.com site several months back. But I hadn't taken a print out of the appointment receipt previously.

So I tried to go to www.ttsvisas.com site today to take a print out of the receipt. But to my shock, the site www.ttsvisas.com couldn't be found any more. It says 'Cannot find server', 'page cannot be displayed' error. I am really shocked to see this happen. I need to take a print out of my appointment confirmation notice ASAP.

Does anyone here know what is going on? Is this a temporary problem with www.ttsvisas.com (meaning the site will be up again soon) or have they permanently closed the site forever (which will be really bad) .

Does anyone else face the same problem (needing to take a print out of the appointment confirmation through www.ttsvisas.com and couldn't find the site) ?

Appreciate any responses/help.

The site is up now, I just checked. If not here is the contact details, I would email, call them first, they are pretty good at replying. If not email US consulate, the last I heard is they honor all appointments taken from ttvisas.

Chennai
Address Raheja Towers (Facing G.P.Road)
S001 - Omega Wing
No: 113 - 124, Anna Salai
Chennai - 600 002
Phone 91 44 2860 3164 , 3165
Fax 91 44 2860 3167
Email chennai@ttsvisas.com

Re: www.ttsvisas.com

Thanks for your reply and for providing the contact details of ttsvisas. Yeah, I checked and the site is up now. But only the home page seems to be up and running. All the features from the site like, printing the appointment receipt, reconfirming appointment etc. takes you only up to the login page. But once the login information is provided, it simply comes up with a blank page. So even though the site itself is available, they are having issues with the site.

I will send them an email as a first attempt to contact them about this. If there is no response and if the site is still having issues then I might contact them by phone.

Thanks a lot again for the information you have provided.

Chennai Consulate - Rescheduling Of Visa Appointments - Important!!

Did anyone get email or phone call about rescheduling of visa appointments for Jan 06? I have an appointment in Jan 1st week and have no email or phone call. I even sent an email and there is no reply.

Please post if you have received any information regarding this.

Can we take appts for H1 in both Chennai and Delhi at the same time ?

Can some one please let me know if we can take appts for H1 in both Chennai and Delhi at the same time ?

Like one of my friend's is going to India for stamping. He is from south India. But he is in US for 5 years. So can he go to delhi for stamping ? If he can, can he also take one more appointment in chennai by paying an extra 100 $.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vivek

vivek1122 said:
Can some one please let me know if we can take appts for H1 in both Chennai and Delhi at the same time ?

Like one of my friend's is going to India for stamping. He is from south India. But he is in US for 5 years. So can he go to delhi for stamping ? If he can, can he also take one more appointment in chennai by paying an extra 100 $.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vivek

Vivek,

I am not sure about Delhi. But, as far as I know you can walkin any tuesday or wednesday in Chennai without any appointment. Check it out.

Hi PHGUY,
Are you sure about this walk-in facility that is available to applicants WITHOUT appointments in the CHennai Consulate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays? Is this kind of official? Please advise...

how to make the emergency appointment for H1B first stamp

Hello Everybody,
I need to travel to India and elsewhere in Feb, so I made an appointment,
but the earlier I could get was 8th march, even after I clicked on the
emergency appointment option.
I was wondering if there was an email I’d, phone number where I could call
and get assistance on requesting an emergency appointment.
Any relevant help is deeply appreciated.
Thanks ppl

could you post a link that gives this detail regarding walk-in appointment availabilty in chennai?
PHGUY said:
Vivek,

I am not sure about Delhi. But, as far as I know you can walkin any tuesday or wednesday in Chennai without any appointment. Check it out.