H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

vivek1122 said:
Can some one please let me know if we can take appts for H1 in both Chennai and Delhi at the same time ?

Like one of my friend's is going to India for stamping. He is from south India. But he is in US for 5 years. So can he go to delhi for stamping ? If he can, can he also take one more appointment in chennai by paying an extra 100 $.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vivek
I have appointment on Jan 31st in Chennai and am travelling back in Feb, I have not recieved any email about reschedule, can anyone post if they got a email regarding reschedule?

Anyone recd reschedule info for chennai january appointments.?

Hi all, i have january 06th appointment and as per the official site they say that reschedule mails will be sent. but i didnt recv any.

Please post if any of you have recd the reschedule mail.

laxmi

No letter no problem

I contacted the VFS office by both email & phone and they said if there is no email about the change of date, then there is no change.

Email response was general but when I called them the operator checked my status and confirmed it.

Awaiting anxiously status of Jan 4th H4 appointment,

That's good news. I will ask my parents to keep checking with them as I need to alter travel plans, this is going to mess up my work schedule.

NRI's can go to any american consulate in india during visit.

American consulate confirmed that a NRI from any country other than india can book appointment in any american consulate located across india. This is permitted becoz, he can book appointment in any of the consulates if available irrespective of the state he stays.

chanduv23 said:
I have appointment on Jan 31st in Chennai and am travelling back in Feb, I have not recieved any email about reschedule, can anyone post if they got a email regarding reschedule?

Change in petition details - please post your feedback

I have an appointment at Chennai US Consulate for H1B visa on Jan 19th '06, made through www.ttsvisas.com.

When I originally made my appointment (during Aug '05), I had provided my current H1B approval details. This includes the petition # (SRC-xx-xxx-xxxxx) and petition expiry date (which is April '06).

But since I got the advise that my visa will be rejected (since I am appearing for interview on Jan 19th '06 and my h1b approval I-129 expires in Apr '06 - people told me that it is a sure rejection since the consular officer will not give a visa for such a short time period), I had applied for an H1B extension (7th year extension) in Nov '05, for the time period starting Apr '06. Subsequently I also got the extension approval I-129 (surprisingly it only took 20 days for the extension to be processed). Now this extension approval has a new petition # (different from my current SRC #) and an expiry date of July '07.

Now I have the extension from April '06 to July '07, do I simply present that new I-129 along with my current one (which expired in Apr '06) when I go to the Chennai consulate for the visa interview? or Is there anything else I need to do in this regard? Can someone with the same situation share their experience?

Ideally I would like my H1B visa to be stamped until the expiry date of the extension approval which is July 2007.

Please provide your ideas and guidance. Appreciate the feedback.

If you also have any questions let me know. I will post my visa interview experience after my interview on Jan 19th.

Good luck to everyone!!

Thanks. it does make sense.
can you please post a link to where it has confirmed this?
laxmikrao said:
American consulate confirmed that a NRI from any country other than india can book appointment in any american consulate located across india. This is permitted becoz, he can book appointment in any of the consulates if available irrespective of the state he stays.

If you are currently residing in US you can go to any consulate. But all 4 consulates are equally booked till atleast till April.
The VFS systems is unpredictable. It shows some dates and then when you get an appointment, it shows some different dates.

Re: Re-scheduling of visa appointments

stocknsurf said:
The US consulate Chennai website used to say that the rescheduling of the appointments between Dec 30th '05 and Jan 31st '06 doesn't affect the appointments made through www.ttsvisas.com. But it doesn't tell that anymore at http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/visainfo.html

Can anyone confirm that the appointments made through www.ttsvisas.com are nor affected.

Thanks a lot.

Oh, on a second careful look at the site, I found the original notice which is at http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/niv_impinfo_appsch.html

which says that only the appointments made through VFS will be affected.

You can take the new one

Hi,

One of my freind wnet to chennai recently in the same situation like you,he got stamped on the new one,

so don't worry t,ake the new one along with the old

Please post your experience as I have appointment in chennai in feb'06

stocknsurf said:
I have an appointment at Chennai US Consulate for H1B visa on Jan 19th '06, made through www.ttsvisas.com.

When I originally made my appointment (during Aug '05), I had provided my current H1B approval details. This includes the petition # (SRC-xx-xxx-xxxxx) and petition expiry date (which is April '06).

But since I got the advise that my visa will be rejected (since I am appearing for interview on Jan 19th '06 and my h1b approval I-129 expires in Apr '06 - people told me that it is a sure rejection since the consular officer will not give a visa for such a short time period), I had applied for an H1B extension (7th year extension) in Nov '05, for the time period starting Apr '06. Subsequently I also got the extension approval I-129 (surprisingly it only took 20 days for the extension to be processed). Now this extension approval has a new petition # (different from my current SRC #) and an expiry date of July '07.

Now I have the extension from April '06 to July '07, do I simply present that new I-129 along with my current one (which expired in Apr '06) when I go to the Chennai consulate for the visa interview? or Is there anything else I need to do in this regard? Can someone with the same situation share their experience?

Ideally I would like my H1B visa to be stamped until the expiry date of the extension approval which is July 2007.

Please provide your ideas and guidance. Appreciate the feedback.

If you also have any questions let me know. I will post my visa interview experience after my interview on Jan 19th.

Good luck to everyone!!

This i read in appointments FAQ.

This i read in appointments FAQ on the consular site.

tusharvk said:
Thanks. it does make sense.
can you please post a link to where it has confirmed this?

Chennai Appointment on Jan 31st - Need details . Please HELP

Guys..., I have an appointment at Chennai Consulate on Jan 31st, 2006. The following are my questions:

1) I didn't recieve any notice thru email or phone about rescheduling. That means Iam good to go on Jan 31st. Right? (I booked my appointment through ttsvisas)

2) ARE THERE ANY HOTELS NEAR CHENNAI CONSULATE to stay?

3) What all documents I need to take?

Any links to the information regarding H1B stamping in Chennai will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

chanduv23 said:

Last edited by a moderator:
7th Year extention stamping in Chennai?

Can any one post the 7th year stamping experience in Chennai consulate here? What are the questions? Documents required? Easy? Tough? etc. I am planning around this May. - Thanks.

hi Immi_seeker
I had been to Chennai for the 7the year stamping on dec. I had taken all the doucmentaions(scan this form you will find the list) including all your W2 and tax filed documents. They(ithe lady who takes first DD at the counter and not the Intervier) asked my marriage photos which i didn't take because it was second stamping after the marriage.But it was ok..
Intervier asked following question
1. Which company are you working for
2. explain what are you working in your project
3.how long you have been working this company..

thats it...Make sure you take all the documents and if you w2,tax documents are fine...mine was ideal case where i was not in bench...or anything like that..Even my friend who also had the stamping in the month of nov was 7th year extension. He was also asked almost same above questions

i think you should be fine...

CHICAGO:
1. You can crosscheck by sending a mail to them...they were pretty quick
in replying ..
2. Hotels are very ridiculously expensive!!.. when compared to Blore..and they are not clean for the prices...There is Palm Groove hotel very near to consulate. it was around 1200 for AC..but u got reserve...they have nice south indian buffet itseems... There is Hotel BLUE DIMOND near DASPRAKASH STOP.(might take 15-20 to consultate).its ok and clean..but need to bargain... this is my openion...and i am not from chennai...so use your judgement...

Let me know if need any more details
Jay

successfull h4 stamping after 221g

I am very relieved that my wife got her H4 stamped today. Thanks to this forum for so much information.

Mine was slightly complicated....considering I am on 8th,9th & 10th yr H1B approval petition; no stamping on my passport; travelled to India on AP twice before; second marriage.

Interview date: 4th jan 06 (thro' vfs; preponed 4 times from mar 27th)
VO asked regular Qs to her: when I arrived first in US; company name; place; about marriage; about my pending GC, W2 & paystub [I am an regular employee with this company for 5yrs and as an consultant with this same company for 1.5 yrs prior to that, no bench period at all and i think :rolleyes: i had all docs in place]

VO collected her passport, issuance fees and :mad: gave 221g citing adminstrative reasons.

Visa was stamped on 12th Jan and recd by courier on 18th jan for 3yrs.I did not follow up with anyone and it seems a very quick response as there were 4 holidays during this period.

Good luck!
:D

Don't see any particular reason????

Hello Nimalan,

I don't see any particular reason why they issued 221g; I think you are missing that..You said you had all papers in place, so why they issued 221g.

I would appreciate if you could share reason, it might help others who thinks they have all documents uptodate but might something is missing...experience makes man perfect.

Thanks
Raj

Nimalan said:
I am very relieved that my wife got her H4 stamped today. Thanks to this forum for so much information.

Mine was slightly complicated....considering I am on 8th,9th & 10th yr H1B approval petition; no stamping on my passport; travelled to India on AP twice before; second marriage.

Interview date: 4th jan 06 (thro' vfs; preponed 4 times from mar 27th)
VO asked regular Qs to her: when I arrived first in US; company name; place; about marriage; about my pending GC, W2 & paystub [I am an regular employee with this company for 5yrs and as an consultant with this same company for 1.5 yrs prior to that, no bench period at all and i think :rolleyes: i had all docs in place]

VO collected her passport, issuance fees and :mad: gave 221g citing adminstrative reasons.

Visa was stamped on 12th Jan and recd by courier on 18th jan for 3yrs.I did not follow up with anyone and it seems a very quick response as there were 4 holidays during this period.

Good luck!
:D

I am planning to visit India this summer, I want to get my 8thyear Visa extension stamped during the time. How can I get the appointment and what are the procedure. I would be thankful if someone post the information. I heard that there is some change in obtaining appointment process.

Raj,
I think two reasons triggered 221g for me:
1st is no current h1b visa stamping on my passport.
2nd is my last travel on AP.

When the VO asked my wife to show the current visa stamp in my passport, she said I don't have one and showed my I94 stamp on the passport. Upon seeing AP on the I94, he asked about my GC status. He did not collect any GC papers but said he cannot issue today and need to check on it.