H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

neverknow said:
Hi Gurus,

I m going to india in 1st May and i got appointment on May-10-05 for visa stampting at Delhi but I fall under Chennai jurisdiction.Due to busy at Chennai, i booked appointment at dehli.

Does anyone expericence the abv suiation.?

What are the questions i may expect?

your help is appreicable.

I had the same issue. I fall under chennai and the time-period, I was in India, there were no appts at chennai. I took Delhi.. and it went on real well. They did not ask as to why I came to Delhi, though I fall under chennai, if that is ur concern.

All the Best,

Visa Stampting at Delhi but I fall under Chennai jurisdiction

yes right that was my concern.what if they ask me why i come to delhi instead of going chennai.Thank you vry much for help.Hope they dont ask any questions and send me back to Chennai under section 220g

Visa Stampting at Delhi but I fall under Chennai jurisdiction

did u get stamp first time at chennai? i did get stamp at chennai and St.louis and now planning to Dehli for stamping.

I heard if i did get stamp at chennai first time then there are chances are sending back to chennai for stamping.

plz help me

stamping in calcutta

hi am from hyd and planning to go for stamping calcutta in june
since i dint get an appointment in chennai.
does nay one know how the stamping in calcutta is?
and is there any risk in applying from calcutta

thanks
raghu

Urgent Help regarding H1B stamping at Chennai Consulate

Hi,
I lost my passport 2.5 years back in US and got a new one from the indian consulate in NewYork. My lost passport had F! stamping on it. My new one has nothing. Later I got my H1B and am working for a very reputed insurance company.
I was told not to go to H1B stamping for the risk of getting a query. Could any of you guys advice me whether to go for H1B stamping in Chennai?
I have all the required documents that the consulate needs and am never out of status through out my stay in US.
Is loosing passport, a really serious risk for H1B stamping ? By the way I was denied a canadian visa beacuse there is no F1 stamping on my new passport.

I have copies of my old passport and the F1 Visa stamping?

Guys I really need your valuable inputs on this.

Thanks
KC

Homeownership and H1 stamping

Hi Guys,

I am going to India first time after 4 years on H1 and have to get my H1 extension stamped in Delhi.

Can anyone tell me if owning a home here in California effect visa stamping?

Has anyone been in such a situation?

Do I need to carry any document related to this?

Please share your opinion and experiences with me.

Thanks,
Cal2002

Please Help..

Guys, if any of you have faced this situation, please help.

I was in US from April 2000 to July 2003. In the month of July 2003, I have applied for H1B transfer from Verizon Communications to Softengg Inc, a San Diego based company. Before that when I was traveling from India to US in April 2002, the officer at US port of entry stamped the date from my old H1B by mistake. This was noticed by the attorney while applying for H1B transfer in July 2003. This caused around 2 months of me overstaying in US. This was informed to BCIS immediately along with H1B transfer application. BCIS issued my H1B transfer but asked me to get the stamping done in India according to the overstay regulation they got. When I appeared for personal interview at Chennai in July 2003, I have submitted all the requested documents of mine and as well the company’S. The consulate referred the case to BCIS to check the facts/photos about the company. Later I came to know from that attorney that everything is okay with my personal details and they are investigating the company details and company photographs. This is the information that law firm got from BCIS. After that my supporting documents were returned to me after a year in July 2004. Unfortunately, BCIS did not close that case which is a strange and odd condition here.

I have atteneded for another interview last week through another reputed empoyer via Business executive program. The officer who interviewed me is okay to issue me the visa until he realized that BCIS did not close the past case. He discussed with other officers and decided that they are not allowed to issue visa until they get some information from BCIS to close the old case. As I am not applying with that company anymore, any kind of report from BCIS about that company should not affect my visa stamping this time.

Guys, what are my options here......... please help.

cal2002 said:
Hi Guys,

I am going to India first time after 4 years on H1 and have to get my H1 extension stamped in Delhi.

Can anyone tell me if owning a home here in California effect visa stamping?

Has anyone been in such a situation?

Do I need to carry any document related to this?

Please share your opinion and experiences with me.

Thanks,
Cal2002

Saw that you did not get a reply. I don't remeber anything is DS-156 about ownign/renting a house. So this should not matter. I've got revalidation 3 times so far (last for a 7th year extension), and there was no question about this, or my W2 or my pay stubs any time.

And my sponsor was different the first 2 times (Boston first, LA for the first revalidation & Detroit the next).

kanthetykc said:
Hi,
I lost my passport 2.5 years back in US and got a new one from the indian consulate in NewYork. My lost passport had F! stamping on it. My new one has nothing. Later I got my H1B and am working for a very reputed insurance company.
I was told not to go to H1B stamping for the risk of getting a query. Could any of you guys advice me whether to go for H1B stamping in Chennai?
I have all the required documents that the consulate needs and am never out of status through out my stay in US.
Is loosing passport, a really serious risk for H1B stamping ? By the way I was denied a canadian visa beacuse there is no F1 stamping on my new passport.

I have copies of my old passport and the F1 Visa stamping?

Guys I really need your valuable inputs on this.

Thanks
KC

Did you file a report with the police about the loss of your passport? with INS or with the newarest Indian embassy? You must have a copy of some such report, and that should help, along with copies of your lost PP with the F1 stamp on it. Better consult your company lawyer about it, since most members, including me are not lawyers!

neverknow said:
did u get stamp first time at chennai? i did get stamp at chennai and St.louis and now planning to Dehli for stamping.

I heard if i did get stamp at chennai first time then there are chances are sending back to chennai for stamping.

plz help me

My first stamping was in Mumbai, second and third in Chennai & the fourth in Mumbai. My dependents had their first stamping in Mumbai, the second in Mumbai, the third in St. Louis.

My PP was issued at Ahmedabad. Maybe that's another thing they look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stamping questions

My wife got her F-2 visa based on my PhD I-20. But, I got a job & did not complete my PhD. We are going for our H1B & H4 visa stamping next week. What's the best answer to give if the consular officer asks "Why did you not complete your phD?".

I am working in an aerospace company. Do you think this would cause any stamping problems due to the nature of work that I do?

I accidentally filled out 1040 for my tax returns this year. recently my friend told me that I should have filled out 1040-NR. Is this something serious that the officer might ask?

Any suggestions please?

These questions have been bothering me a lot. So, please answer them. Thanks a lot.

Iam going for my 7th year extension stamping, does any body have any experience

Iam going for my 7th year extension stamping, does any body have any experience

Hi,
I am planning to go to the chennai consulate for my 7th year extension stamping, will there be any problem in chennai.

Please post any suggestion or experiences if any.

Thanks

IS their a forum which discusses experiences in the Delhi Consulate for visa validation. Please post the link if so. Else I would appreciate any one's feedback on their experience in the Delhi Consulate. I am on my 8th year H-1B. Would really appreciate input from people on this forum. Also, do you know, how much in advance they open these dates for visa appointments?

Please advise.

THank You

Hi KC

I'm in the same situation like you are. But I had a H1B visa and I lost it in the US. Now I have a blank PP issued at Chicago Indian embassy. But I have all the required documents including the police report for the lost items. What else do I need to get teh visa stamped at Chennai consulate.

Thanks for any reply
Mill

My wife is attending visa interview (H1B)at Chennai Consultate end of this month. She was previously on H4 visa and changed her status to H1B 7 months ago. She has the paystubs for all the months she worked and carrying relevant documents given by her corporate attorney.

Could somebody advise the possible questions/problems that she might encounter during the visa interview?

Thanks in advance

ind

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible questions.

1. How long have you worked for Previous company?
3. Who was your previous employer?
4. How long have you been married?
5. where do you work?
6. what does the company do?
7. Do you have your relatives in US?
8. How did you apply for this Job?
9. where did you find this job.
10. Why are you leaving the current job?
11. how long you have been working with the current skills?
12. Do you have current and Previous Experience letters
13. Do you have current company pay stub?
14. What visa do you need ?
15. What do you do ?
16. (pointing to I-797): Do you have a copy of this ?
17. Have you been on H-1B before ?
18. Whats your Current Salary/Pay?
19. What is your salary/pay in US?
20. What does your company do?
21. What is your role in the company?
22. What computer languages do you know?
23. What computer languages are you currently using for your company?
24. For how long have you been working for your company?
25. Since how many years are u working in the present company?.
26. What is the annual turnover of the US company ?.
27. What is ur role in the company ?
28. What visa are you applying?
29. Which company you currently working on
30. What company are you working for in US?
31. What do you do there?
32. What were you studying at university?
33. When did you graduate from university?
34. What were you doing after you graduated and before you started working ?
35. Do you have your original degree certificate from university ? Can I see it ?
36. Where is your company located ?

Good Luck

Needed docs to avoid 221g

1. A fully completed and signed Visa Application Form - DS-156
2. All male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45 must also submit a fully completed and signed Supplemental Application Form DS-157
3. One recent (within the past six months) passport size photograph, 50mm X 50mm with a white or off-white background. Click here for details.
4. I-797 -- the original notice of approval,
5. The complete I-129 petition submitted by your prospective employer including the Labor Condition Application
6. The originals of your university diplomas mark sheets and any certificates you may have. (Secondary school information is not required)
7. Letter from petitioning employer confirming employer's intent to hire the applicant
8. Your work experience letters from your previous employers
9. Photo Copies of All the above mentioned Documents.
10. Demand draft for visa application fee.
11. Demand draft for visa issuance Fee.
12. Demand draft for Logistic service fee.
13. Pay slips from current or most recent place of employment
14. Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at the applicant's present and past jobs
15. Photographs of the inside and outside of current or most recent employer's place of business
16. Names and contact information of two co-workers from your current or most recent place of employment
17. Names and contact information of two co-workers from past jobs
18. A complete resume/bio-data and cover letter describing current job duties in detail
19. Personal bank records for the last six months
20. US company information: photographs of the inside and outside of the company's offices, prospectus, brochures, and annual report.

my wife was on H4 visa before she received her H1B. It's been little over 6 months since she started working. Now my wife is planning to attend H1B visa interview at Chennai Consulate.

1) Does it, working for just 6 months, cause any issues in getting visa approval?

2) My wife's H1B was approved as of Oct 1 2004, but she hasn't started until Dec 1 2004 due to delays in receiving SSN. Does this TWO months gap raise any issues at the visa interview?

Thanks
ind