H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

suggestion pls.

Hi Guys,
I keep track of all ur coversation. I spoke to visa off today regarding visa revalidation since i send my pp on Feb 3 2003.
They told me that it take app 10/11 week to process the request due to the back logs. I ask my DC sys date but she told me that her system does not show the date. May be some other system will show the date.It looks vague to me. She also suggested to call back next week.Do you guys come across like this answer from visa off, and other question here is any body is still awating for more than 10/11 week for the passport.

Thanks

I called twice and lady was very soft. She gave me DC date even without asking for it. Depends on whom you get. Look like you got someone who woke up on wrong side..

VJ

Nope. She asked me to wait for 3 more weeks. My st.Louis date is Feb 10 and DC date is Feb 24...

VJ

You dont' have to call st.louis

St louis received my appl no Jan 11th
I received my stamped passport yesterday (April 7th)

It took 3 months.

Please dont' call St louis for status... they will send you when they stamp ur passport.

Status Update

Sent to St Louis: Jan 31st 2003 (friday)
St Louis Received date: Feb 3 2003 (monday)
DC Received date: Feb 12 2003 (Wednesday)

The operator says it may take a weeke or two to get to this date as they are working on Feb 3rd cases.

BTW, I got the telephone number from this forum as
202-663-1225 options 1,6 but option 6 is not available
I dialed 202-663-1225 options 1,0, got thru in 30 minutes when I called at 8:45 AM EST

Thanks,
hyd2002

filling DS-156

Could someone please assist me in filling DS-156.

- Which address should I put in 15. Home Address? My address in India or in US?
- Box 25. Name and address of persons you'll be staying with?
- 28. Who will pay for your trip?
- 22. When do you intend to arrive in US?

Thanks

for Immportuser

Immportuser,

Following is something that my friend and I answered. My friend got his passport back with visa with no problem.

Q. Which address should I put in 15. Home Address? My address in India or in US?

Ans. Your Address in US

Q. Box 25. Name and address of persons you'll be staying with?
Ans. Already living in USA ( with spouse).

Q. Who will pay for your trip?
And. Already in USA.

Q. When do you intend to arrive in US?
Ans. Arrived in USA on mm/dd/yy at LAX.

Good luck!

thanks vsaxena

Thanks for your reply.

- What about the two pp photographs? Official doc says only ONE pp photo.

- Is it necessary to include any covering letter?

- Recently our company changed their name. I can have my employer write the employment letter on new letter head but mention this name change in block letters or something at the top. Would this be a problem?

- There is an error on my approval notice about start date. Our attorney said that they have already requested INS to rectify that error. Maybe its better to include a covering letter and mentioning this.

- If I want to have my wife's passport to be stamped too, should we fill in another DS-156 and send another set of $100+$75 checks?

Please advise.

thanks

Re: Status Update

Originally posted by hyd2002

Sent to St Louis: Jan 31st 2003 (friday)
St Louis Received date: Feb 3 2003 (monday)
DC Received date: Feb 12 2003 (Wednesday)

Thanks,
hyd2002

Hi Hyd2002

Did you send the new forms, which have been introduced from feb 2003 or the old one?

My St Louis Received date: Jan 31 2003

Thanks,
saran

Can anybody advise me whether I need Transit visa at Frankfurt just change flight? I don't want to get out of airport. My H1 visa stamped on passport expired on Jan 2003 and I have I-797 upto Jan 2005 which I am trying to get stamped at this in this vacation.

Please advise.

thanks,
VJ

Re: Status update - saran_v

To saran_v

I sent the form that was available as of Jan 30 2003 on the official. I am not sure if that was old and if they send back for new form, that would be the worst part after waiting for almost 3 months. As I talked to the office today and she said they are workinf on Feb 3 DC date cases and my DC date is Feb 12th. We've got to wait for another week or two. It really got worst after Jan 15th cases.

hyd2002

received H-1B stamped passport

Passport was received on Jan 20 at St. Louis
Got it back stamped on April 7 from Washington
(Never called them up, so I don't know anything
about system date)

pleasant surprise. meant to post it here..

Pleasant surprise
Sent my Application for Revalidation of Visa on the 23rd of Jan.
They returned my application asking for a better photo. Received that on March 27.

Responded back with the new photo and big 221(g) marked on the fedex cover. Package sent on 4/3/2003. Received at DC on 4/4/2003.

Guess what, they sent my application back in 4 days. on the 9th received my PP all stamped and good. I was kind of surprised because in all the discussions here, it is mentioned about 2 weeks time get feedback on 221 (g).

I guess the trick is to respond quickly with the corrections.

I can definately see people at DC are starting to more efficiently.

I wish they extend that kind of services to all sections of immigration subjects.

So guys relax and good luck.

P.S : this is the first I am posting something on this.

Re: Status Update

Hi hyd2002
I too send the app to the stLouis at the same date and st louis received date is feb 3 2003. But I could not able to get the DC receive date. So can you please update form once you received the pp, so that i will be knowing the status of mine.

Thanks

Hi,

I have sent applications for me, my wife and my son. If I withdraw the application, all the three will be sent back or I can ask for my wife and my son only. Please advice