H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

sanjna

Registered Users (C)
I cant find the old tracker, my case sent on July 9th waiting. Hoping to get it by end of august. Lets start a new tracker for pending cases.

hi rameshmishra

you are right, you will probably get by 15th, did u send it by fedex with return envelope?

Got My Passport stamped on 08/09/2002

hi,
I have sent my passport on 8th June and got it back with a temporary refusal asking for new photos with white background. I resend my application and passport and new photo back but unknowingly and out of anxiety to the same address where I sent it before. i.e. to St. Louis instead of Washington on 8th July. I got my passport back this morning with visa stamped. Thanks to all you guys on this forum for providing useful information. All the best to all who are waiting for their passport to be revalidated.
Thanx
Vicky
:) :D

Need help on validation

Friends -
Got my H1 extension approval recently from INS, CA. Want your expert help on the following please -

a) Where do I need to send it for the visa stamp - St. Louis or Washington? Is one better over the other?

b) What forms/other materials do I need to send? I presume the passport, approval notice (original or copy??), photographs (how many? what type - size/background/etc.??) will be required. What are the application forms (i heard that there are 2 forms now?), and other things i need to send?
(If it matters at all, my nationality is Indian.)

c) Typically how long is it taking - assuming all paperwork is in order?

d) My current H1 VISA runs out on Oct 1, but the extension is till JAn, 2004. So i guess if the revalidation runs beyond Oct 1, then the only fallout of that will be my inability to travel? Is this correct?

e) Any other info on this that you can give me will be great.

Thanks and eagerly awaiting your responses.

Take care and good luck to all.:confused: :confused: :confused:

list of document for h1 revalidation

Thanks ramesh mishra

Here the list of documents to be sent to St Louis office ( not washington) for fresh application :

1. Original Passport ( it contains 'H1B' visa stamp from
previous employer )
2. Original I-94, stapled in the passport(first one not the one which came with h1 transfer or extension)
3. Form DS-156
4. 2 Passport size photograph with frontal view( I made a mistake to send photo taken 2 years back. so make sure its taken recently with white background)
5. Visa Processing Fee $65 (Money Order) ( changed from June 1, 2002)
6. Reciprocity fee $75 for Indian Nationals (Money Order)
7. Photocopy of Valid Employment Petition (New I797, Notice of Action showing new I-94)
8. Letter from Current Employer(Comprehensive letter).
9. A self addressed stamped envelope. (FEDEX) (priority mail)
10. Form DS-157

You can get Money order from local U.S.P.S office. That's it you are all set. Hope this helps. It takes abut 4-6 weeks to get your passport back. Check out more info at
http://www.travel.state.gov/hlop.html
This is the best time for you to send your passport coz its less then 60 days left for your visa to expire.

Relax and enjoy your weekend :)
Good Luck

hey Vicky,

I sent the bank cashier checks instead of money order for the visa revalidation fee.. I hope this should be accepted too..

thanks,

As per the instruction :
Payment may be made by bank draft, money order, or corporate check made to the order of the "U.S. Department of State.

I am not sure about the cashier's check. Cashier's check is same as cash . But if you have not received any reply for a week or so, affter sending your application, then you should be fine I guess.

If you go to bank asking abou the bank draft they give the bank cashier check which is payable to the recepient (in this case U.S department of state) whose name is mentioned on that Bank check. So, I guess it can not be treated as simple cash.

Also, Bank draft are send directly to the recipient by the banks here. The payee can request any bank to issue a bank draft directly to the recepient. In our case we, ourselves have to send it with the application so we can get bank checks only.
I think, it is treated as Corporate checks.
By the way they recd. my application on Aug'2 so 1 week is over now..
Still I am tense now..:(

thanks for the reply..

Vicky,

If they have to reject the application, it is done in St Louis or in Washington??.
And how much time do they take to reject any application. I know it's kind of weird query but would appreciate if you answer this..:)

thanks,

H1 extension in CA

Hi
Can anyone who recently got their H1 extension in CA, let me know how long it took for the extension to come by. I am planning to go to India in Nov end and come back around 10th Jan but my H1 and I94 expire on 2nd jan. Just wondering if I my lawyer applies next week then will it come in time............

Thanks Vicky_m

Thanks a lot for the list and the pointers. Very useful.

rb2002 - You do have sufficient time. Seems like extensions are taking around 2 months (hearsay though). But if you want to be really sure then you might want to consider Premium processing for the extension. Mine literally came through in 3 days after my lawyer mailed them the response to the RFE. And the RFE itself came within 2 days of the original application. The flip side is a $1000 fee...so your employer should be willing to foot the bill. That said, I fully expected an RFE for my case - and was looking at a gut wrenching relocation as well. So went for the premium proc. - at least to get an early indication of what the future held for me!

The "assured" turnaround time with premium processing (and that means they need to issue an RFE at least, if not adjudicate the case fully) is 15 days.

Good luck :)

Visa Fee increased

Hi Guys

Looks like the Via stamping fee has increased from $45 to $65.

Filed July 1sr got it back on August 9th

Hi AGS

Did u get back the approved passport, or did they send back because of incorrect fees?

Visa Stamping in Washington

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the visa stamped in Washington?
I sent mine on August 9th as my money order was only $45 its changed to $64 effective June 1st, 2002

Thanks