H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Re: Number to call

202-663-1225, Option 1 and then option 6

Originally posted by HelpWanted
guyz
St.louis received my pp on Jan 16th and have NOT received my pp yet.

can you please give me the number to call to find out the status?

Thanks,

Not received PP yet - received Jan 20

I sent out my PP for H1B revalidation on Jan 19.
It was received on Jan 20 at St. Louis.

Not received it yet.

Anyone around this time received their passport?

22g

Hi guys,

I got my passport with the visa stamp today, below is my info for others who are waiting

Sent Date: St Louis 3rd Jan
DC system date: 9th Jan
DC temp rejection: 22g employment letter not proper, 11th March
Resent to DC directly: 14th March
Recieved passport with stamp: 26th March

My observations/suggestions/tips

1) Make sure the employment letter is addressed to VISA Services, Dept of state only ( That was the only reason for my earlier rejection)
2) It takes 10 - 12 days after 22g which is a temp refusal to get the passport back hopefully with a stamp.
3) Calling the visa office to get a status upadte is a excercise in futility, for not only does it not make the process any faster, it just creates more anxiety. I was guilty of calling them almost every week before I got my 22g. But this time I just patienlty waited and VOILA i got it back in decent time.
4) If everything is right the first time it takes 8-9 weeks to get a stamp.

DC is at snails pace!!!

Congrats rock369!!

St. Louis RD Jan 17th
DC Date Jan 28th

I am still waiting it already 9 weeks over and 10th is going to complted, I called up on Tue Jan 25th, they says it is in still process. It's better to give up and just wait!!

Pal

HI,
The following is my situation.If anyone has similair experience to this or some valid suggestions or in sight,please let me know

I had sent my I-797(Notice of Action),DS-156 form (with my photo according to the specification),DS-157 form,my employer's letter regarding my exployment,I-94(old),valid passport, two money order's of amount 100 and 175 dollars towards Department of State,plus an additional photo with my signature at the back for visa revalidation to Saint Louis, Missouri.

I got my passport back without stamping.No reason has been specified.In the top right corner of my DS-156 form,which is for official use only,the issued category is circled.And issued date is mentioned as 3/10(This year).Also someone have marked their
initial next to it.Also my visa category(H1B) has been circled in MULT OR part.Also under (not in it) Refusal reviewed by line it has been written Recp-15.Recp is legible.Rest of the part,seems like that.DS-157 form also got returned.

MY I-797 is till feb'2005.My old visa stamping got expired March 2002.I had sent for my new visa stamping on Jan'2003 which is within one year stipulated period,if I have to get my stamping
in U.S.
What are my options? Can I resend my papers to Washington for stamping or should I get stamped in my home country.
Another point is,I sent my papers through fedex to Saint Louis.But it seems it got returned from Washington.
This information I got when I tracked my return fedex tracking number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would call up DC, I think it was a mixup on their part, for even if it was a refusal they would or should not send the DS 156 back in any case. To me it looks like they approved your visa and instead of it getting passed along to the room where they actually stamp it, it got mailed back to you.

Also in case of a refusal, you should recive a 22g letter explaining the reason for the refusal.

Call them up, brace yourself for a long wait though.

Goodluck

Still Wating guys!!

Vasu306,

No, I didn't. Still waiting!! I don't know what are they doing ? Is could be incresed processed steps or just sleeping !

hi,

Mine is the same case as ramkar..I got the passport back without stamped..I waited for 2 months, and i got it today. My visa is expired on Feb14,2002 and i sent the passport on Jan20,2003.
They asked me to send reciprocity fee of $75 and also an additional of $110. I dont know what this $110 for. Is it ok if i send after the one year of expiry of my visa. I got my H1 extension until june,2005. And also i got stamped on my previous h1 visa in my passport with "cancelled without prejudice". what does this mean? And how long will it take to process this kind of case.
could anyone reply to this kind of case...thanks in advance.

Re: Additional Fees

Anuj,

Did you not send the reciprocity fees ($75) and MRV fees($100) earlier or did you get your passport back without stamping inspite of sending those fees earlier asking for addiitonal 75 + 110. somehow the 110 number looks odd should it be 75 + 100.

Did u get a 221g letter along with you application.

Please respond. I have also been waiting for 8 weeks and anxious to know you case details for me to be prepared. For your info I sent mine on Jan 31st and waiting to get my PP back ASAP. Any inputs from your experience will keep me prepared.

Thanks

hi,

I sent reciprocatory fee of $75 and $45. I think that is why i got my passport back. Previously for my extension in Nov 2000, i sent the same amount and i got my passport stamped and got back within 6 weeks. I did the same thing this time. I didnot check the exact amount..so may be you will be getting your passport within this week. i tracked it thru fedex. anyways all the best

Thank You

Was curious because after Jan 15th case received on March 15th there was no update about any cases sent after Jan 15th. Since your case Jan 20th has been processed, I see hope in another week or two, processing seemed stalled for almost 2 weeks in between.

Thanks for the information.

anujkrish:

"They asked me to send reciprocity fee of $75 and also an additional of $110. I dont know what this $110 "

The correct fee is 100+75=175
why they have asked for 110 and 75?
-----------
for ramkar:

"two money order's of amount 100 and 175 dollars towards Department of State,plus an additional photo with my signature at the back for visa revalidation to Saint Louis, Missouri."

why did you sent 100 AND 175? The correct fee is 100+75, i hope this could be the reason .

Status

Hi AnujKrish & Hyd2002,

My case is the same, I sent my passport for stamping on Jan18th 2003, and DC date is Jan 30th.

I sent 100+75 money order.

I too have the problem of my previous visa which is stamped on the passport expired over one year, but had another visa continuing to that date which I did not get it stamped and also another one after that, which as I changed company and sent it for stamping.

I still haven't heard from them.
If anyone else has any experience on this - with the passport stamped visa expired over a year can you please reply to let me know what happened.

And also what are the alternatives.

Called DC office this morning. They are still processing end of Jan applications and lots of backlogs...
Cross your finger and wait....wait.. and wait...

VJ

Status

Hi AnujKrish & Hyd2002,

My case is the same, I sent my passport for stamping on Jan18th 2003, and DC date is Jan 30th.

I sent 100+75 money order.

I too have the problem of my previous visa which is stamped on the passport expired over one year, but had another visa continuing to that date which I did not get it stamped and also another one after that, which as I changed company and sent it for stamping.

I still haven't heard from them.
If anyone else has any experience on this - with the passport stamped visa expired over a year can you please reply to let me know what happened.

And also what are the alternatives.

Re: 22g

Originally posted by rock369
[
Sent Date: St Louis 3rd Jan
DC system date: 9th Jan
[/B]

Hi Rock..

I want to know about DC system date. How to find that date?
I have send my visa revalidation in January and I could track it from fedex, where the recived date of St.Louis is January 31.
I'm yet to get my Visa back.

Thanks
Saran

Call DC office. They will tell you what's their system date. You have to wait for atleast one hour talk with them

VJ