H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

status update

I called the DOS at Washington DC again this morning, Wait time 15 minutes

The statsu has not changed, the officer asked me to wait for a couple of weeks more. I was hoping to receive my PP middle of this week, but looks like I'll get it at the end of this month.

Sent to St Louis: Jan 31st 2003 (friday)
St Louis Received date: Feb 3 2003 (monday)
DC Received date: Feb 12 2003 (Wednesday)
Still Waiting.....

DOS Number to call 202-663-1225, press 1 and 0 to talk to an officer.

hyd2002

Still waiting

St.Louis SD Feb 10
St.Louis RD Feb 11
DC RD Feb21

Still Waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent St.Louis Jan/28th
St.Louis Receive DT Jan/29th
MO encashed Feb 6th/2003
DC Date -- Dont Know

Still Waiting.......

H1B VISA Stamping

Could anyone please let me know how long it is taking to get the VISA stamped. I sent my papers on 24th of Feb. Recv date at ST Loius office is 25th Feb.

Now my situation is that I need to go to India and I have already booked the ticket for 8th of May.

Is it okay to get the VISA stamped in India if I dont get it before 8th of May.

your advise would be highly appreciable.

- AK

takes 10 to 12 weeks....

Hi amar_archana,
Per this website(http://www.travel.state.gov/withdraw.html) it takes 10 to 12 weeks as of now for stamping in US. I had sent mine on Feb 11th and still waiting. Also for withdrawal it may take up to 5 working days per the above website. So plan accordingly.

Thanks,
Sankaran

Hi Shankaran,

How tough it is to get the VISA Stamped from India..Any Idea...And What all documents they need..I guess I have no other alternative options left except withdrawing my papers from ST Louis.

It's not tough if you have all proper documents...

It is not tough. It just depends on your document. Provide all required documents. And if you are applying for H1, also take photographs of your work place from inside and outside, tax filing papers and recent pays stubs(2 to 6 months) too.

For detail document listing look at www.ttsvisas.com and go to the respective consular section(Chennai/Delhi/Calcutta.....)

With all proper documents you should get it without any issue.

Thanks,
Sankaran

Got my VISA stamped

St. Louis SD: Jan 30 2003
St. Louis RD: Jan 31 2003

Recieved stamped visa: April 21 2003.

So its approximatly 11 weeks.

Best of Luck
Saran

Re: Re: Hi anz1974

HI

HOW TO GET DC DATE. MY ST LUOIS DT 02/22/04
I called on 202-663-1225
but unable to contact an officer. pl gvie me procedure to contact officer.
thanks

Amar_Archana,
Please update if you are withdrawing your application. How long it took and what prcedures you followed. I am planning to withdraw my application next week.

Thanks,
VJ

Re: pleasant surprise. meant to post it here..

Originally posted by guyfromnj
Pleasant surprise
Sent my Application for Revalidation of Visa on the 23rd of Jan.
They returned my application asking for a better photo. Received that on March 27.

Responded back with the new photo and big 221(g) marked on the fedex cover. Package sent on 4/3/2003. Received at DC on 4/4/2003.

guyfromNj / experts,

Mine is the same case. My application was returned today (St Louis RD 3othJAN) for a better photo.

I need your advice as to what all the documents I need to send them back along with the new photographs,

I know about the form D156 with attached photo, Letter 221g, etc., My question is, do i need to send my H1, Employers letter, Application fees etc., all over again? or do i just need to send a new form with the photo????

Your help will be appreciated,

Regards,

Re: Re: Re: Hi anz1974

Hi Chand

My St Luois Dt is 02/26 and I am also waiting. I have already booked the Ticket to India for 05/08/2003. I dont think I would be able to get the VISA Stamped by then. Anyone has any idea how long does it take to get the paper back from ST Louis. As per them it takes 4-5 business days. Is that correct or it take longer. Please update.

Regards,