H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

RE:friendlyguy

Hello friendlyguy,

If it's OK with you could you tell us when did you application received at Washington (just to comapare our dates).

Thanks.

Latest.....

Hello folks,
I just spoke with Visa Officer. She is very friendly and told me that I should get my pasport back in 2-3 weeks. I asked her that would it be too risky if I book my flight tickets for January 31st? She said "it's already middle of month....to be on safe side, I would book for end of first week of February, roughly around 7th or 8th".

Mailed: December 2nd
Received @ St.Loius: December 3rd
Received @ Washington: December 11th.

Thanks.

It will be helpful to all, if we all post more info. I am wondering at the random (relative) issual of the visas....

Can these be factors:

1) Single visa or Multiple visas ( dependents)
2) Studying
3) Applied for immigration

May be some of them takes more steps, I dont know....

my details
------------
1) multiple visas (dependent)
2) Also studying
3) at the time of applying for revalidation did not apply for immigration, but subsequently have done so....

Congrats to all you guys who have got the approval and Good Luck to all of us who are waiting.......

Last edited by a moderator:
washington vs st. louis

I spoke to DOS officer and she said it will take another 4 weeks on my application as they are currently processing applications received (At washington) in the beginning of December. (my Washington RD Dec. 26)
It appears that it does not matter when did you send your application for revalidation, as applications are being handled as they are received in Washington.

update

Hi Jowood,

Did you get your passport back? Mine was also sent around the time you sent.

sent date 11/05
st louis 11/6
washington 12/15

anyone else please update the message board about your status.

DOS Phone number

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the best time to call DOS as I have been trying to talk to them for more than 10 days and it gets disconnected after option #1 and then #6. Is it the right number to talk to DOS Washington people :

202-266-3122

thanks

How do i know?

Hi,

Which number am i supposed to call to know on which date my application Received @ Washington ?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

RE

vsaxena,

call 202-663-1225. Option 1 then 6

The best time to call is 8:30AM EST. Most probably you'll get connected to an officer around 9:15AM.

Unless you ask the officer they won't tell you the date your application received at Washington.

Hello experts,

Just wanted to clarify about question 12 and 20 in form DS-156 does the home address in 12 has to be our address in India as per passport even though we are in U.S or does it have to be the same as question 20...(at what address will you stay in the U.S)

Thanks

Hello goodyearahead,

If you are sending your documents to St.Louis you have to put your US address for item # 12 and 20. If you going to US consulate in India, you can put India address. I did the same. Couple of my friends did the same and got their stamp with no issues.

I am still waiting.

what is the current date for stamping

What is the date right now?

I see that niceperson1 had sent on 20th November and got his passport back. Someone also claimed about 3rd December.

Thanks,
akela

Re

Akela,

I heard that they are processing applications that were received on 1st week of December (at Whashington). I think St.Louis RD doesn't matter. The processing depends on washington RD. (it's my opinion only)

My wife just got her H4 re-validated. Here are the details

Documents sent --passport, my H1B extension copy, her H4 extension copy, a letter of employment, a fedex airbill with my credit card number for payment on it. Cashiers check for $175 (single check).NO ENVELOPE was enclosed.

Date sent - 23 Nov by fedex. Date recieved by St.Loius 25 Nov

Date Visa Stamped Jan 13. Date passport recieved 14 Jan. by Fedex.

Hope this helps. By the way they returned the copies of the approval notices and the employment letter.

Hi all

We received our passports today 01/15/03 with the stamping (wife, Kid & myself).

Oct 28' 02 - Sent Passports for stamping with old fees.
Dec 23' 02 - Received passports with refusal for sending inadequate fees under "221 g".
Jan 06' 03 - Re-sent the passport with additional fee of $35 per person and all required documents, two photos etc.,
Made sure to write "221 g" on the outside of the FEDEX envelope as mentioned in the refusal letter.

Jan 15' 03 - Received the passports with the stampings.

Used FEDEX all through. Used a blank FEDEX envelope which I folded and sent with the documents with credit card number on the airway bill for return of the documents.

Hey Eager11 ! Did you get yours back ??

Good Luck to all those who are waiting...

Hi all

We received our passports today 01/15/03 with the stamping (wife, Kid & myself).

RD Oct 28' 02 - Sent Passports to St Louis for stamping with old fees.
Dec 23' 02 - Received passports from Washington with refusal for sending inadequate fees under "221 g".
RD Jan 06' 03 - Re-sent the passports to Wasington with additional fee of $35 per person and all required documents, two photos etc., Made sure to write "221 g" on the outside of the FEDEX envelope as mentioned in the refusal letter.

Jan 15' 03 - Received the passports with the stampings.

Used FEDEX all through. Used a blank FEDEX envelope which I folded and sent with the documents with credit card number on the airway bill for return of the documents.

Hey Eager11 ! Did you get yours back ??

Good Luck to all those who are waiting...

Question regarding paystubs

Hi,

The document list at the Dept Of State Website does not mention about paystubs, but I think most people send paystubs along with the application. If yes, How many paystubs are sufficient. I have changed my employer and my Visa expires on March 2003. I plan to send my application on Jan 31 2003. I would have 4 paystubs from my current employer. Is this enough or do I have to attach additional paystubs from my previous employer.

Thanks,
hyd2002:cool:

Hello hyd2002,

Four consecutive pay stubs should be sufficient. I also sent recently my application with 4 pay stubs and to be on safe side I have also sent my w2 forms for 2002. Hope this helps. Lets keep tracking.

Thanks

Hello,

Just wanted to check whether FEDEX would place any stamp on the pre-paid envelope or just entering the FEDEX account or Credit card number on the air way bill is sufficient for the return package.

Thanks

221g

i got my passport back with 221 g , because they need a detailed employer letter. I sent back on Jan 15,2003 & waiting.
:( :confused:

Re: goodyearahead

goodyearahead,

I don't think FEDEX has prepaid stamps. You have to put your A/C # or credit card #.