H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Re-validated stamp from Washington DC

The re-validated visa is stamped in Washington DC. The passport and other documents are sent from Washinton DC to your address.

NVC - St. Louis just receives the completed application with the appropriate fees. St. Louis forwards the passport and other supporting documents to Washigton DC, where the decision to grant the visa is taken.

Thanks.

Hi cooval / eager11

I will appreciate if you please let us know from which Visa office you get your documents back;( After temporary refusal because of incorrect fees)
I mean documents are returned to you from St.Louis or Washington Visa office?

Thanks in advance.

Any December filers???

Just spoke with IIO. She told me that my passport is in Washington and it's taking 8 to 10 weeks to get revalidation stamp (from the date they recieved it in St.Louis).

Passport mailed: Dec 2nd
Received at St.Louis: Dec 3rd

Any others around the same time? Do you think it's too risky to book tickes for January 31st?

returned revalidated passport via surface mail

Hi all,
I called the DOS this morning and they said that my passport has been mailed on Dec 30th. I haven't received it yet. They didn't use the prepaid Fed Ex airbill that I had attached. Appartently the passport has been mailed via ordinary surface mail. Does anyone has any experience with something like this? How long does it take for passport to come in ordinary surface mail? Please advise. I am very concerned...

My sd 11/05
rd 11/06 in STL.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reval

Reval & Lahari 2

Reval,

Did they say if it was approved or not? Do you know what date it was recieved in Washington?

Lahri 2,

I think January is too early.

My case was sent on Nov11th to St. Louis. I talked to the Officer today and she said that the case was recieved in Washington on 10th of Dec. and it will take another 3-4 weeks which I don't understand since Reval's RD is Nov. 5th and they mailed the passport on Dec 30th.

Anyone who sent in Nov. Please keep everyone updated.
Thanks

Revalidation H1 & H4

Revalidation(H1 & H4)
Please let me know if any one got passports back.
Passports Sent : 11-05-2002
Passport Reached : 11-06-2002

Still waiting .
Thx!

URGENT

Hi cooval / eager11 or others(With similar situation)

I will appreciate if you please let us know from which Visa office you get your documents back;( After temporary refusal because of incorrect fees)
I mean documents are returned to you from St.Louis or Washington Visa office?

Thanks in advance.

Revalidation

Khush,
Hi! My papers were received at Washington on Nov 15th. When I called today they said that Visa as been approved and mailed on 12/30. I haven't received it yet. Seems like they didn't use the FedEx prepaid bill.

Still waiting... I hope I get it today...

Reval

Washington Office !!!!

Does any one know if Washington process the applications depending upon the Reciept Date at St. Louis Office or upon the arrival at Washington office?
It looks like a BIG MESS there. I have seen cases which were recieved at St Louis on Nov5th but there RD at Washingtion is anywhere from 15th Nov. to 15th Dec.

Arrival time from St. louis to Washington

Receive date in St. Louis: Dec 9, 02.
Passport arrived in Washington: Dec. 26, 02.

The representative said I need to wait another 6 weeks.

Paalov,

I received my documents from Washington DC asking me to re-send all the documents with the additional fees. They retained one photograph and the fees that I had sent earlier.

Reval,

If your documents have been sent via regular mail and not FedEx then it means that you did not send both the return airway bill and a "FEDEX ENVELOPE". Many people send only the airway bill assuming that they will anyway have the FedEx envelope in the office.
You should have folded and sent the Fedex envelope along with the airway bill with your credit card number on the airway bill.
I got my refusal under 221 g via FedEx and they used the same envelope that I had sent.

still waiting...

cooval,
hi! I am not certain nhow that happened. I had sent a FedEx envelope also. DOS is unable to confirm how my passport was sent. They are just saying it was mailed on Dec 30th. However, when I check FedEx tracking it doesn't show up in their system. It is crazy... After such a long wait don't know where my passport is, I am hoping I get it in today's regular mail...

Anyone with similar experience...

Reval

Sent on November 12th. Still waiting...

When we contact the DOS, what details do we need to give the representative to get our status. My lawyer mailed the passport with other required documents. What is used for tracking my case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Man

I got it !!! Finally wait is over...

Here are my details

SD 11/05
RD 11/06 in STL
RD 11/15 in Washington DC
Approved and mailed 12/30
Received Passport on 01/06 (regular surface mail)

:)

Good Luck to all waiting...

Reval

Reciprocity fees

Can some one tell what is the correct Reciprocity fees If i have to send my application for revalidation now

Thanks

H1 Revalidation

Hi Guys, Today on 7th of Jan , I called DOS , It was a Long wait approximately 45 Mins to talk with them but at last i got connected. They told me that they got my papers on Dec 4 , although i sent my papers on Nov 5 & receiving date was Nov 6. Any way they told me that it will take 2 more weeks. I called these numbers

202-663-1225
202-266-3122

Sd to S. L. = Nov 5
RD at S. L. = Nov 6

STill Waiting.
Can any one tell me these numbers are in Washington or St. lo.

Thx!

Washington phone number

This is what I got from anywho.com

Reverse Telephone Listings:
United States Government

State Dept Of

Visa Services

Information Us Visas Only
WASHINGTON, DC
202-663-1225
Maps & Directions

United States Government

State Department Of

Visa Information Us Visas Only
WASHINGTON, DC 20037
202-663-1225

Congrats Reval.

I sent it one week after him. So, waiting for the advent of next week. Tomorrow I will be completing 8 full weeks.

Sent on Nov 12th. Waiting...

One of the requirements for H1 visa to be revalidated in US is
"A visa may be revalidated if it has a remaining validity of not more than sixty (60) days, or has not been expired for more than one year."
The Visa expiry rule is counted from the date of documents received at St.Louis office or some other criteria are used.
For example my Visa Expired on Nov'11, 01 and I sent the required documents and passport to St.Louis on Nov'02'02; ten days before the one year expiry rule.
Is this OK or this will not be considered for revalidation.

Thanks in advance