H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Hi Jowood,

I assume that the officer mean to say that they received your documents at Washington on Dec4. Normally it will take ~20-30 days for our documents to go from St.Louis to Washington.
You mentioned two numbers. Which # did you called.
I am pretty sure that you'll get your stamped passport back shortly. Good Luck!!!

H1 Revalidation

Hi Guys, Today on 7th of Jan , I called DOS , It was a Long wait approximately 45 Mins to talk with them but at last i got connected. They told me that they got my papers on Dec 4 , although i sent my papers on Nov 5 & receiving date was Nov 6. Any way they told me that it will take 2 more weeks. I called these numbers 202-663-1225 202-266-3122

Sd to S. L. = Nov 5
RD at S. L. = Nov 6

STill Waiting.
Can any one tell me these numbers are in Washington or St. lo.

Thx!

By the way, the website says "Do not contact the Visa office for a staturs report on your case". But, I see many people have been contacting them and getting an update. So, don't the officers refuse to give you guys the information. How are you able to pry out the information?

I am planning to call them and try my luck. Any hints would be useful....

any updates on the revalidation status

Hi ,

are there any new ravildations that happened in the last few days?
It looks like the received date in washington is independent fo the received date in st. louis. There is some amount of randomness in the order they process the revalidations.

thanks
NotFeelingSoCoolAtTheMoment

Sent on Nov 12th. Still waiting....

The air tickets are getting expensive, might miss out the 14-day advance purchase option. the 7-day advance deals are expensive....

Revalidation Update

Sent St. Louis - Nov.11th
Reciept St. Louis - Nov. 12th
Called Washington on Jan 6th to check the status--

Washington Reciept Date- Dec 10th
Officer says it will take another 2-3 Weeks

Wife had to fly to India by 12th, I decided to withdraw her passport and keep mine pending with them.
Attorney sent the fax to withdraw on-Jan7th
Checked Fedex tracking on 7th night and 8th night-- No Luck
Called them today Jan 9th-- Computers are down, Check back in evening.

"This is Crazy"

Khush:
I called them today. I was on hold for an hour. Could not speak to them. After dialing 202-663-1225, pressed 1..6, then heard beeps for some time and then there was absolute silence for more than an hour..... Am I doing things correctly ?

If I am, then it is truly atrocious for them to have such a wait time. We can just cry, they are going to be least bothered about our difficulties.....

Got to fly at the earliest.....

Khush

To the best of my knowledge if there is absolute silence that means Phone is automatically disconnected. If the incoming calls are more then the accepted lines it got disconnected without any prior info (bip etc). This is the signal - “Try later”.

Kiddo

Its hard to get through. But keep on trying. It took me an hour or so both the days to talk to them.
You might get into a mode of repaeated recorded tape and then keep holding till your hear someone.
All the best. But they have messed all of my travel plans for sure.

Any withdrawl experiences?

I have been waiting since Oct 18, it is just crazy out there.

Dec 30, the officer tells me that it's about to be mailed within a day or two. Today they tell me they can't tell what date it would be mailed. The officer seemed to be quite unfriendly and not helping at all. I am thinking of withdrawing.

Do withdrawls take long too once you fax the request?

:mad:

Ash,

Mine took 2 days for withdrawal. I will say wait a day or two more before you withdraw. Your's shoulld be close.

Still Waiting

Ash,

You had sent out on 18th of October and still waiting for your passport to come back. I think I had read one post out here only that he had received his passport and he had sent out of 20th of October.

Based on that I had thought I will get my in another two weeks or so as I had sent out on 5th November. Now listeneing to you case it seems, I will have to wait another month. I was planning to fly to India in the last week on January.

Date on which sent to St Louis: 5th November
Date Received by St Louis: 6th November

But, Reval applied on Nov 7th ( or 5th am not sure). he got it on Jan 6th. His passport was infact mailed on Dec 30th.

So, there is some randomness to all this........

Sent on: November 11th
still waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Miracles do happen

"EVERYONE WAITING"

ST. Louis RD- Nov12th
Washington RD - Dec 10th

Called on Jan6th, They said it will take 2-3 more weeks.
Wife had to fly on 11th Jan, so decide to withdraw.

Attorney faxed the application to withdraw her passport on Jan 7th, stating that we need ASAP as she has to fly on 11th but if you can process it........................

Recieved the passport today Jan 10th for both of us with the stampnig.

Finally the wait is over and like an India movie, it has a happy ending.

Congrats Khush.....

Called Visa Office today. (got the connection atlast)

Nov 11th :Sent Date
Dec 13th :Washington received date.

Another 2 weeks. She did not say 2-3 weeks. Said 2 weeks. So I am hopeful it will be in less than 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it

I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FOR LONG AND THOUGHT YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW I GOT MY VISA REVALDIATED.

SD NOV 20TH
RD NOV 21ST

STAMPED DATE JAN 8TH
RECEIVED DATE JAN 10TH

BES OF LUCK TO ALL THE GUYS WAITING

Hello,

I had the following clarifications on revalidation..can anyone reply

1. Do we have to submit DS-157 even for females

2. Can we submit poloraid photos given at walgreens

3. Can we consolidate the fees into one money order for all the applicants of the family ie., visa app. fee and reciprocity fee.

4. I got the following address for fedex service from http://travel.state.gov is there any change in it...

US Department of State/Visa(Box 2099)
1005 Convention plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101-1200

5. Do we have to send the original I-94 available at the bottom of the latest I-797 approval notice besides the initial one given during port of entry.

Thanks

goodyearahead

DS 157 IS ONLY FOR MALE APPLICANTS

YES YOU CAN SUBMIT POLORAID PHOTOS THATS WHAT I SUBMITTED.

ACTUALLY I KEPT THE RECIPROCITY AND APPLICATION FEES INTO TWO DIFFERENT CASHIERS CHECKS BUT FOR A FAMILIY YO U CAN KEEP THEM CONSOLIDATED TWO CHECKS.

YES THE URL IS THE CORRECT ONE AND THE ADDRESS IS IF YOU PLAN TO FEDEX YOUR DOCUMENTS.

YOU HAVE TO SEND THE ORIGINAL I-797 AND IF YOUR OLD I-94 IS VALID THEN ITS OKAY OTHER WISE SEND THE NEW I-94 ALSO BUT I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO SEND BOTH ANYWAYS.

hey ,

my 140 is in progress. there's a line in 157 which asks if my green card is filed or not? what do i need to answer for that?
some of my frendz said that untill yar 140 is cleared u can always say no.
and if we had yes in it there might be a chance for visa rejection or something.

Can any one advice on this?

thanks

Re:Inrisk

Hi Insrisk,
My attorney also said the same thing. As your I-140 is still pending, you can say NO.