H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

received with visa stamp H1&H4

sent 08/07/02
received at st. louis 08/08/02
stamped 09/17/02
received back by fedex today 09/18/02
thanks for everybody who have been posting messages in this forum.

H1 & H4 Stamped

Sent on: 08/05/02
Received by DOS: 08/07/02
Stamped on: 09/16/02
Received passports on: 09/17/02

All are in fedex.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply !!

ucnair,

Thanks for your reply. It certainly makes me feel a
little easier :)

I have sent the application today. I'll post the progress.

hi guys:
i had my visa revalidated just recently. The visa stamp has been placed on a page which on the other side has the previous visa stamp. Being machine readable(swipe), will there be any problems with reading? thank you.

I dont think the machine reads from both sides of the pages.

secondly.. the visa can be read only in one direction when its swiped.

ucn.

Sunny J
To apply for revalidation, the following is required:

1. Original valid, unexpired passport. The passport is supposed to be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the time of intended stay in the U.S., but the Visa Services Office may accept a passport if it is valid for at least one year.

2. Original INS Form I-94, "Arrival-Departure Record."

3. Original INS Form I-797, approval notice.

4. Letter from your manager explaining your job duties and your company's need for your temporary services (I have posted couple of sample letters previously, you might want to take a look at it).

5. Completed Form DS-156 (for EACH applicant), "Visa Application", including the required photograph.

6. IN ADDITION, THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE HAS THE REQUIREMENT OF A NEW FORM FOR NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATIONS FOR ALL MALES BETWEEN THE AGES OF 16 AND 45, REGARDLESS OF NATIONALITY AND REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY APPLY (AND IT MAY ALSO APPLY TO FEMALES AND OTHERS, AS WELL). THE NEW FORM IS SUPPLEMENTARY FORM DS-157, AND IS USED IN ADDITION TO DS-156.

7. Processing Fees in the form of a money order, payable to "Department of State", in the amount of $65.00. A processing fee is assessed on each application for a non-immigrant visa, and it is a nonrefundable fee, that is charged in all cases. The Department of State is permitted to assess this fee to cover the costs for machine-readable visas (MRV).

8. Visa Reciprocity Fees in the form of a money order, payable to "Department of State", in the required amount (you can find out the visa reciprocity fee for your country of citizenship by going to the following web site: http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/index.htm. The visa reciprocity fee is assessed on each application for a non-immigrant visa. For Indian citizens its $75.00 .

Hope the info helps you
ucn

Thanks UCNair:
How did you get the original 797? I thought the company keeps it or is it the bottom portion of the 797 that you have to send?

Originals are with individuals

Sunny J,
In my company all the originals are handed over to the individuals. My company doesn't hold on to any original documents. Maybe different companies have different policies. In our company we have to provide our attorneys the original documents only and if there is a need.

As far as sending the 797 is concerned, it is the whole document that is to be sent. I am not sure if a certified copy is acceptable, you might want to find out from either an immigration attorney or the state dept itself.

The bottom part is the I94, that too has to be sent along with the approval notice. In case you have travelled outside US then the I94 issued at POE ( Port of Entry) has to be sent.

Hope I answered your question.

ucn.

Current Processing times at St Louis??

Does anyone have the latest updates on the dates for current processing times for Visa stamping in St Louis ?

I am planning to submit my passport for stamping and will greately appreciate if anyone of you can get back to me on these questions...

1. IS original I-797 required for stamping? The web site at http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html says photocopy is acceptable.

2. Can I take one single money order for $65 and $75 ?

3. Can I get samples for "Comprehensive Letter" by employer?

Thanks very much for all your help !

Current Processing times at St Louis??

Does anyone have the latest updates on the dates for current processing times for Visa stamping in St Louis ?

I am planning to submit my passport for stamping and will greately appreciate if anyone of you can get back to me on these questions...

1. IS original I-797 required for stamping? The web site at http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html says photocopy is acceptable.

2. Can I take one single money order for $65 and $75 ?

3. Can I get samples for "Comprehensive Letter" by employer?

Thanks very much for all your help !

meera55,
1. Dept. of State accepts photocopy of your I 797, but I guess it should be notarized. I have sent my originals on all 3 times I applied for revalidation ( I guess to be on safe side ;) )

2. I am sure State Dept. will accept one money order (65 + 75), its not mentioned specifically that both fees should be submitted separately. Anyhow, in case of withdrawl/rejection I think only $75.00 is paid back as the visa revalidation fee is not refundable.

3. I have posted a sample letter in one of my previous posts, you might be able to use one of those sample letters.

Hope this info helps you.

ucn.

Hello

I sent by passport for re-validation of my H1-visa on 19-Sep-2002.
Reached St Louis on 20-Sep-2002.

In the return airbill (fedex) I made a mistake in my home address zip code.

Is their anyway possible to contact Department of State/visa and inform them about the correct zip code.

Any phone no. to call ???

I called fedex, they are unable to help since the return airbill tracking no is still not been updated in their system until it is shipped back.

My concern is sometime the visa department might send back the passport in ordinary postal mail.

please help

Kumar

H1B revaluation tracker

Hi,

Sent to St Loius on 8/7/02
Arrived on 8/9/02
Called the DOS on 9/20/02, and they said it might be ready on mid Oct, 2002.

h1 and h4 stamping.

Hi,
This question is for all those who applied for h4 revalidation along with h1 approval.what additional docs are to be submitted for h4 stamping.
pls reply .
thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does DOS send back any acknowledgment of receipt?

Hi,
Does DOS send back any acknowledgment of receipt?

Sent documents by FEDEX for re-validation of my H1-visa on 29th Aug.
Reached St Louis on 30th Aug.