H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

revalidation

I really appreciate your comments:please read below

I have my previous employer's visa stamped in my passport valid until 02/1/2003.besides this,I have recently sent(on Sep 6 02) my passport for revalidation to get current employer's stamp on it.

According to the rule,we should only send 60 days prior to visa expiry date in the passoprt,so will Dept of State consider my application for revalidation?

I heard from someone that they are resusing the apps having the visa valid for more than 60 days before the expiry date.Is this true?

But interesting thing is,dept of state encashed my two checks(one $65 & one $75) that i sent with my app form.

encashing two checks -->did they accepted my revalidation app?

If they were to resfuse my app,at what point?

I appreciate your reply

Thanks
Pendli

Visa was valid for more than a year.

Pendli,
I dont think your case would have any issues because you have a different employer than the you got your current visa for. When I changed from my prev job, my employer required me to have the correct company name on the Visa and had applied for revalidation when I had more than a year left on my initial visa. This was back in '99 and I got back my passport in 5 weeks then!!!
I am not sure how lenient they are for apps that have more that 60 days left on their current Visa though.

ucn.

Visa was valid for more than a year.

Pendli,
I dont think your case would have any issues because you have a different employer than the you got your current visa for. When I changed from my prev job, my employer required me to have the correct company name on the Visa and had applied for revalidation when I had more than a year left on my initial visa. This was back in '99 and I got back my passport in 5 weeks then!!!
I am not sure how lenient they are for apps that have more that 60 days left on their current Visa though.

ucn.

Visa Revalidation Done

Sent to St Louis: 07/31
Recd : 08/02

Stamped : 09/13
Recd by me: 09/16

All FEDEX 2nd Day service.. I got it done exactly after 6 weeks..

Good Luck to you all who r waiting...:)

revalidated: Q

i got h-1b revalidated last summer. But today I noticed that there are two stars (*) just below my picture. anyone knows what that is supposed to mean. I have been legal and in status all the time in this country. Is there any one else who got H-1B revalidated and has stars under pic. ?

No. of days

Just did a calculation for number of days its taking for visa revalidation with the data available from all the postings on this thread and it took 41 days for almost all the cases from recieved date to stamp date.
I guess we can assume 41 days as a benchmark.

Where to send for revalidation

Hi
I submitted my Passport for revalidation on Aug 3rd and had to change the company on sep03 so sent a fax requesting withdrawl of my application. I got my passport back the next day with a letter stating that Department owes me $75 and i should get it in 90 days or else i should call the officer.My new H1 is approved now and would like to resend the application with new H1. should i send it to STlouis or Washington
Thnx

Got MIne Today

Hello ALL,
I recd my passport today.

It came by Airborne Express, which is surprising, as they told me they had send on Sept 06, but the Airborne tracking suggestes it was picked up yesterday.

I would recommend everyone pls send FEDEX, as I think they have a regular FEDEX pickup.

Sent July - 24th
Recd- July 25th
Stampped- Sept 04th
Got it back - Sept 17th.

Good luck to all waiting.

regards,
:)
Nitin

Nitin :Can you check if you have stars(*) under your picture in your

Nitin
Can you check if you have stars(*) under your picture in your revalidated visa stamp.

yes I have 2 **

Hi!!
Yes I have 2** under my photo too.
May be it is the print block, and not have any significant meaning.

but I am not sure.

Nitin

Congrats Nitin!!

I have one * underneath my photo. I don't know what does that mean.
Can it be something showing the number of validation done for you so far?? just a guess...

I think U are right!!

You may be right!!

Because I this is the third H1B1 stamp I have.
this was the third one, so 2 ** looks about right.

regards,
Nitin

I think its no. of US visas you have

In my case its 1st time I am doing revalidation but I have 2 stars beause I had 2US visas on my passport. One B-1 and one h1. and now I have 1 b1 and 2 h1s
I guess its the number of US visa's on your passport.

Last edited by a moderator:

In my case its 1st time I am doing revalidation but I have 2 stars beause I had 2US visas on my passport. One B-1 and one h1. and now I have 1 b1 and 2 h1s
I guess its the number of US visa's on your passport.

PLEASE HELP - Urgent PHOTO doubt

Guys,

People who did revalidation in St. Louis/Washington
recently, PLEASE HELP !!!!

I'm planning to do send my H1B revalidation app.
to St. Louis tomorrow and I have a doubt on the
photo requirement.

Should the photo be exactly 1.5 x 1.5 inches as they say
in the Dept. of State website ?

I took photo in local Walgreens and they gave me a passport
photo of size 2x2 inches and said that's what they use
routinely for visas.

Has anybody got rejected for bcos the photo is not exactly
1.5x1.5 inches ? Should I cut the photo to exact size ?

i'd appreciate if anyone writes a line regarding this,
THANKS
- deepbob

Deepbob,
I think the size mentioned on the website is for the minimum size. I am pretty sure you are OK with the 2 x 2 photo b'cos I also took my pic from a place like walgreens and to be honest I didn't even check the size last 2 times I gave for revalidation or this time either.
Your option of cutting the photo yourself is also not that bad of an idea ;)
Hope that makes you feel a lil better. Don't worry you will be fine.

ucn