H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

have not recvd it yet...

hi!! I habve not recd my passport yet!! Hopefully today.

Can someone tell me if the DOS sends it ordinary mail, and if the pkts is padded. Also average time in USPS mail.

Thanks,
:)
Nitin

Old employer name on visa stamp.

Guys,

I need your help, my visa stamp will expire on Dec 20, 2002. Can I send it now? or wait for 20 Oct for 60 days period. Another thing is, the stamp on my passport has my old employer name thats why I guess I can send it without waiting for 20 Oct. I am planning to travel in mid Dec.

Thanks

Not yet

hey sal, Not yet, I am expecting it anytime.

did U send a fedex receipt or expecting in ordinary mail.?

and do U know if they send it in ordinary mail if the pht is padded and how looong it takes.

I have sent a few e-mails to a few people, who recd by ordinary mail.

I dont think they have taken my airborne express prepaid envelope.

pls post.

Nitin
nitingaur@yahoo.com

Thanks Nitin,

You are right, I did send Fed-Ex slip with Fed-Ex envelope.

US Postal probably take 3-5 days to deliver it.

I will keep my status posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
padded envelope

Do U know if it comes in padded envelope? (USPS)

I think they have not used my Airborne express pre paid slip. but sending it thru ordinary mail. Lets see.

Nitin

Did Not receive it today

Hopefully Tommorrow.

This is a cumbersome wait. In this age of IT, I do not why, there is a a delay in tracking or even information from DOS.

waiting...

Nitin

Nitin,

Did u send Fedex pre paid envelope along with your application for visa Reval??

Sal2000,

You sent your application on the same date as Nitin, have you got your passport back after the visa revalidation?

thanks,
sanjeev.

Airborne Express

HI Sanjeev,

I sent along an Airborne Express pre-paid slip. It is kind of strange with Airborne Express, as they attach a checque with the prepaid slip.

But I have heard that sometimes they ignore yur slip and send by ordinary surface mail. I wish I knew what ind of envelope they send it in, if it is ordinary mail or certified mail. and how much time it takes?

thanks,
Nitin

No I haven't... I called them and they said that they have refused my application and they said that they have attached a letter that why did they refuse my application.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry about that

Hello Sal, sorry to hear that,

I have not yet received my passport.:-(

This is getting crazy.

Nitin

pls let us know why hey refused yours.

Thanks for all you guys...

I haven't receive my passport either, they have mailded it on Tuesday, probably they sent it through USPS, though I send FedEx envelope and prepaid bill.

:(

Frustrating...

I don't know what's wrong with them. Why are they sending it thru normal mail even if the pre paid FEDEX envelope is attached with the application?

It's so frustrating..:(

Any comments!!

Let's see what happens in my case??

it appears as though nobody got their revalidation this week. I guess that the process takes 7-8 weeks now. any comments.

Is it true that they consider your application only when you have 60 or less days on your current h1b?

My h1 visa expires on Dec 15th. Can I apply now? and expect to get the stamped new visa in about 8 weeks?

Austinmann

Revalidation in Washington - photo doubt

Hi guys,

I'm planning to do my H1B revalidatoin in Washington next
week and I have a doubt on the photo requirement.

Should the photo be exactly 1.5 x 1.5 inches as they say
in the DOS requirement ?

I took photo in local Walgreens and they gave me a passport
photo of size 2x2 inches and said that's what they use
routinely for visas.

Has anybody got rejected for bcos the photo is not exactly
1.5x1.5 inches ? Should I cut the photo to exact size ?

i'd appreciate a lot any answers regarding this,
- deepbob