H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Thanks for the clarification.

But can I get my H1 Visa and Work permit re-validated in India(maybe around Nov'02) since all my permissions( I94, Work permit, visa ) are expiring during Jan'2002.

Also does anybody know the doc's that need to be submitted to get both H1 Visa and work permit to be validated at the same time with a US Counsulate(Chennai).

Any links for getting more info??

Thanks.

priyagc,
you can get your H1 visa revalidated in India for sure as long as you have a valid H1. You would have to wait to have your H1 to be approved though.
Once again You are authorized to work in US as long as you have applied for an H1 and have a receipt from INS before expiration of your current H1.
Your I94 will also get updated when you get your H1 renewed. You would have a new date on the I94 you receive along with your H1.

You dont need to have your VISA to be current to stay in the US. You need the VISA to enter US.

Once you get your H1 approved you can apply for your re-validation of H1 visa stamp. Its usually extended to the time available on your H1.

I am pretty sure you wont have this confusion if you talked to your attorney.

Hi
Does anyone have any idea as to how long it is taking these days to get the H1 renewal/extension. I am in California.

I guess, I am getting ahead of myself.

Let me ask one more question:

What do I need to do to get my H1 (work permit ie: I797/I129) extended from 3yrs to 6yrs????

It is expiring in Jan'2002.

Thanks.

rb2002,
I applied for my H1 extension in Feb and got my approval by July end.

Priyagc,
H1 extension process is same as of new H1, so you need to provide all the documents that you provided for your current H1.
I provided the following documents for my H1 extension:
1. Copy of my current H1 (current at the time of application).
2. Copy of my latest I94.
3. Copy of my passport.
4. Letter from my manager, with my current job description.

I dont know if there is anything else my attorney added to the list. I am pretty sure there is a fee involved but am not sure how much it is.

ucn

got the passports with visa

both h-1 and h-4 issued for three years, stamped august 29th, posted by fedex return packet which i sent on august 30th, received today. sent on july 9th and received by them july 10th.

Hi Sanjna,

Congratulation on getting u'r H1 visa.................

Hopefully, now you can travel peacfully.......

Waiting on Mine

I sent my H1 for Revalidation.

Sent July 24th
Recd July 25th

Six Weeks will be on: September 06 2002.

Hope I get it on time, if not this week, may be early next week.

Regards,
:)
Nitin

me waiting too...

sent 31 july
recd 2nd Aug.

Hopefully, getting my passport back after revalidation sometime next week..:)

thanks..

Vicky:

I have a questions regarding the fee is concerned,

1. Visa Processing Fee $65 (Money Order) and Reciprocity fee $75 should this be in separate money orders or combined.

2. Should the photocopy of I-797 be notarized ??

3. What is the format of the employer letter.

4. My company name has changed after my h1 was applied, should I indicate the new name in forms DS-156 and DS-157 or indicate the old name which is present on I-797

Thanks
Kumar

Kumar,
1 - You need 2 different money orders - definite.
2 - I am not sure if you can send photocopy of your H1 approval - my attorney gave me a copy and sent the original, I have the original I94 though.
3 - Format of employer letter would be something describing the need to get the visa revalidated within US instead of going to a consular post.
For example -

[ TYPE ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD ]

[ insert date ]

Re: [ insert individual's proper name ]

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is provided to introduce [insert full name], a citizen of [insert country]. M____________, who holds [insert the type(s) of degrees individual has], is employed by our firm as a [insert job title].

In his [OR her] present position, M____________ is presently performing a number of important duties. [Insert two or three sentences describing those duties].

(use one or the other of the following two paragraphs, as appropriate):

M____________ will be traveling to [insert where] between approximately [insert inclusive dates], in order to [insert purpose of trip, e.g. vacation or specific business reason]. It would be convenient for M____________ and our company if he [OR she] might have his [OR her] H-1 [OR L-1] visa reissued in advance of that trip, to save time and avoid a trip to the consular post. We would, therefore, appreciate your kind consideration of his [OR her] application.

M____________ may have a need to travel on business with very little advance notice and it would be convenient for M____________ and our company if he [OR she] might have his [OR her] H-1 [OR L-1] visa reissued in advance of any such trip, to save time and avoid a trip to the consular post. We would, therefore, appreciate your kind consideration of his [OR her] application.

If you have any questions or I may provide any further information, please call me at [insert manager's telephone number].

Sincerely,

[ Company's Name]

[insert manager's name]
[insert manager's title]

----------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps you

ucn

I have a questions regarding the fee is concerned,

1. Visa Processing Fee $65 (Money Order) and Reciprocity fee $75 should this be in separate money orders or combined.

2. Should the photocopy of I-797 be notarized ??

3. What is the format of the employer letter.

4. My company name has changed after my h1 was applied, should I indicate the new name in forms DS-156 and DS-157 or indicate the old name which is present on I-797

Hi Nitingaur :)

Did you get your passport back by now?

I have also sent mine on same date and desperately waiting for it now.

Hello Sal

No, I have not got it as yet. waiting for it. Myself, hopefully today or tommorrow.:) ( or may be this week) I am travelling to India in Nov.

I will let you know as soon as I get it.

And you do the same.

Now did U send the Fedex/or Airborne express prepaid slip?
Some peopel have recd in regular mail despite that, so U might want to also look into regular mail.

Nitin

More info

I have just called DOS, and they said MY HI Reval request has been approved and the passport was sent out last Thursday.

But I guess they sent it thru ordinary mail. and not by the AIrborne express slip I sent.
Hopefully I should get it today.

Will let U all know.
Nitin

please give me the contact number too

Nitin,

I am also expecting my passport back sometime this week or next week. I would appreciate if you can tell me the number to be called to check the status.

thanks,

One payment only for multiple applications

Waiting for LC,
If you read it carefully.. the consolidated check is only if there are multiple applications being filed.
There is a required $65 non-refundable fee for each machine readable visa. Payment may be made by bank draft, money order, or corporate check made to the order of the "U.S. Department of State." Cash or personal checks are not acceptable. In addition, certain nationalities must also pay a "reciprocity fee." The amount of these fees vary from country to country. In the case of multiple applicants, payment of all fees may be consolidated in one check.

For individuals, its safer to have different checks.

ucn.