H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

No sign of Passport

I requested my passport back on June 12th.
I have still not received it.
I have to travel to next week. I called the Visa office the lines are busy. I have already faxed the request to withdraw my application four times.

My StLouis Rcvd date: March 7th 2003.

Is there any way I could request them to send my passport ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually they have messed up with the data for the passports sent in march.. that is why its taking more time.

try to call them. thats the only and the fastest way.

Post Some Update

Please do post some update. I sent on 2nd April and still waiting. i have booking for 9th July to got to india. don't know what to do?

Sent SL : 2nd April
SL Rec. : 3rd April
WC Date: 17 April

Still waiting!!!

VS

H1 revalidation

St. Louis sent date: March 12th, 2003
St. Louis Received Date: March 13 th.
Do not know the DC date.

Passports received (mine and my wife's h1 & h4) Date:
June 27 th, 2003.

It took lot of time.

revalidation question

Hi Eeshwar

The Visa which is stamped in my passport is expired on November 2001. I have changed the company same time and did not revalidate my visa. The current one expires on November 2004. Can I re-validate by sending it to St. Louis?

Someone was saying, if the expiry date is more than one year from the current date, St. Louis office will not revalidate your visa, Is that true?

Please advise.

Siva

Got PP finally!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
After a terrible 4 months(exactly 120 days) wait, I got my PP today with stamping.
Thanks for the forum and good luck to all.
crao_a;)

How long ?

Sent passport for revalidation on June 4th, 2003.

Received at St.Louis on June 5th.

Still waiting for passport.

Does anyone know how long it is taking these days ? I have booked my tickets to India on September 12th.

Thanks.

LC_Virginia

It will be a close call.
As per to state dept site it takes 10-12 weeks.
so wait till first week of sept and decide.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

AtlLab03

AtlLab03, thanks for the reply.

I thought that the maximum time it takes for revalidation is 12 weeks, and since my passport was received on June 5th, the 12 weeks will end on August 29th.

My ticket is booked for Sept 12th, so I have a few days (8 business days) to get my passport back. I have sent a return FedEx envelope.

Does anyone think I should postpone my trip ?

Thanks for any help..

I think you should wait till first week of september. I am also in the same boat. I sent my PP on May 5th and my tickets are booked for aug 7th. Will keep u guys informed.

Visa Refused!

Hi,
My visa was not issued because I had not sent the DS-157 form.

Anybody have ideas about resendin my application?
Does it get stuck in the 12 week queue again?

My original received date is March 5th.
I got it back on July 3rd.

Thanks.
Kas.

kas7225
I hope you can resend it to DC, did they say that submit the Application to DC with DS I-57?

No, they should reprocess immediately after you submit the DS156 and DS157 and you should get your passport back within a week.

Hi FloridaGC,

Thanks for the encouraging news......
I will re-submit my application again to D.C this week.

Regards,
Kas.

revalidation question - ponnuswamys

it's illegal to stay here with expired visa . maximum one year is allowed . since you have overstayed, it's better to get back to home country and get it stamped .

Re: Visa re-validation

Whats the date on your previous I-94? You can get your visa revalidated in USA with in a year of your I-94 expiration. For example if you Visa expired in oct 2001 but the I-94 was issued upto Mach 2002, you can send it for revlidation to washington/st.louis till March 2003. Beyond that you can try, it depends on your luck at the most they will send your passport back asking you to apply in your coutry of citizenship. Since you have a valid H1 your stay is legal until it is expired. Remember Visa is required only for comming into US not required for staying in the country.

Good Luck

Originally posted by ponnuswamys
My Passport has the visa validation which is expired in 2001 November. Can I send it for re-validation to St. Louis for the current H1 validation which expires in 2004

Hi LadyLuck

Thanks for your response.

I have checked my passport, I-94 issued until 01-DEC-2001. The current H1-B visa issued in 01-NOV-2001 and valid upto 01-DEC-2004.

I think I have crossed that one year period.

I have another question, I have an advance parole valid upto October 17th 2003, My EAD expires on 08-04-2003. I am planning to go to India on August 18th and will be back on 16th September 2003. Will they ask me valid EAD to enter into the country or Advance Parole is sufficient enough.

Siva

>I have checked my passport, I-94 issued until 01-DEC-2001. The >current H1-B visa issued in 01-NOV-2001 and valid upto 01-DEC->2004.

>I think I have crossed that one year period.

did you get an I-94 with H1 approval for 01-nov-2001 to 01-dec-2004? if yes, what the expiry date on that I-94?

does the 1 year period count start from the day the _current_ I-94 expires or the day the visa stamp in the passport expires?