Guys, planning to take a tour of EU...visa issues

I am made to understand that only carriers of the US "blue book" can stroll into the Schengen zone visa free. How difficult is it to get a Schengen visa with PR? Also I want to take a tour of Europe by Eurail without staying at any hotel the entire time (i am cheap by nature), is this feasible? Any other good ideas on how to travel cheap with least hassles on our sweet green plastic card? I want to spend $700-800 tops for everything excluding air. The Eurail global pass for 15 days is about 700 or so bucks. Thanks in advance sweetest brothers!

You need a schengen visa. Green card will not work in EU. You will probably have less of a problem in geting the schengen visa as you are maintaing you permanent residancy in US than in your home country.

Also 800 dolars for EU is a little low. You can stay at hostls and use the public trans

Nothing wrong with being cheap, sweeter brother. John D Rockefeller was cheap, so was JP Getty, so is Warren Buffett. They were all the richest men on earth at one point or another in their lives. I am a millionaire living in this heaven called America seated right now in my home office with the sweetest green plastic safely in my wallet beneath my *** thanks to being cheap. Cheap is good!

Yes, I totally agree. "Cheap" is a virtue. I'm serious! :)

I am concerned about cheap people...:eek: The world is being damaged by cheap people...:rolleyes: Have you travelled on a cheap airline? I once flew on US Airways to PA, and the airline was atrocious. The steward were selling nuts, sandwich and drink for $10. I mean this was for business class, and I refused to buy not because I didn't have money, but because I expect an airline to offer me a sandwich if anything..:cool: The cost of cheap doesn't compensate for comfort and luxuy, which comes at a higher price. :D I hope we don't see cheap people on this forum...:)

At least you have identified yourself...:D Have a little fun in life, no need to be serious like poop...:eek:
Dude, I have nothing against you. The OP is the guy who posts using multiple IDs. You are right though, I should chill sometimes and enjoy the ride. :)

Being extravagant and spendthrift is not helping the world. Our resources are being stretched to their limit, and we need to start CONSERVING and consuming only what we need. Being cheap may be annoying at times, but you cannot fault someone for wanting to be so.

Being extravagant and spendthrift is not helping the world. Our resources are being stretched to their limit, and we need to start CONSERVING and consuming only what we need. Being cheap may be annoying at times, but you cannot fault someone for wanting to be so.

Cafe,

I agree with you on one level, but going to dinner with cheap people can create discourse in enjoying the meal for your tastebuds...:D A group of 8 guys went out for dinner and this was a while back, and one guy wanted to order only an appetizer while the rest of the guys wanted appertizers, entry, desserts and some coffee. For 8 guys, we had a bill of about $490. This guy only paid $9 for his meal. Worst of all, he ate the appertiser for his appetiser, entry and desserts. After that encounter, I refused to go out with this guy or his friends...:D

Dude, I have nothing against you. The OP is the guy who posts using multiple IDs. You are right though, I should chill sometimes and enjoy the ride. :)

You see, you react as if something has gone horribly wrong...:eek: Just take it easy and life will be cool...:D The OP is a nut case, but hey...he's able to continue peddling moose stew here which turns out, is very popular...:p

I too have had dinners ruined by characters similar to the one mentioned below. I support boycotting such fellow diners :)

I agree with you on one level, but going to dinner with cheap people can create discourse in enjoying the meal for your tastebuds...:D A group of 8 guys went out for dinner and this was a while back, and one guy wanted to order only an appetizer while the rest of the guys wanted appertizers, entry, desserts and some coffee. For 8 guys, we had a bill of about $490. This guy only paid $9 for his meal. Worst of all, he ate the appertiser for his appetiser, entry and desserts. After that encounter, I refused to go out with this guy or his friends...:D